Old 19th July 2008, 09:52   #16
Team-BHP Support

How much do H3 HID's cost?
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2008, 23:22   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
And I always thought why would HIDs be available for such small bulbs!

But considering the size of the Fogs, will they actually work like the low beam like you say?
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Why are you caught up on size ? Its not always about size...its also how you use it

HID's are available in almost every possible automotive bulb spec.

Get 4300k HID for the fogs. If you find a dealer who agree's to let you try before you buy it will be great. Anything higher and you might as well stick to halogens.
The H3 should fit any how but even if you do have problems with it just get the person to adjust the reflectors/positioning of the bulbs.
And as souljah rightly suggested "its not just the size its how you use it" the tiny H3s will light up more than what your low beams might be capable of.
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2008, 23:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
How much do H3 HID's cost?
There are lots fakes and duplicates available out there and have exact same packaging as Bosch and other companies and these cost anywhere from Rs.3000-6000 for a pair and complete kit with blasts,wiring etc.
Original Bosch and Phillips are also around the same price range or maybe a couple of grands higher.
Old 20th July 2008, 01:27   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Why are you caught up on size ? Its not always about size...its also how you use it
Hehe, I see what you mean!

Quote:
if you do have problems with it just get the person to adjust the reflectors/positioning of the bulbs.
I dont think anything can be adjusted in them, they are a tight fit and very very restricted.

Quote:
the tiny H3s will light up more than what your low beams might be capable of.
Hmmm, the sound of it is making me eager to try them out!

Quote:
these cost anywhere from Rs.3000-6000 for a pair and complete kit with blasts,wiring etc.
Can I really get an HID kit for 3k? Where from?
I don't mind getting them, I mean, how bad can they be right.
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2008, 12:14   #20
BHPian

Well it's a stunning thing that OHC has a projector fog lamps !!

well IMHO, i would suggest that you remove the cut off shield from the projectors and use a HID (depends which one you like) , it will light up the road for you

but mind it use only the preferred bulb for the projectors ,if there was H3 used , do not try using any other bulb by DIY or JUGAD(reason due to filament placement)

well if you need help , do buzz me i 'll help you out for the same.
smokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2008, 01:28   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Can I really get an HID kit for 3k? Where from?
I don't mind getting them, I mean, how bad can they be right.
Check out the classified section Ankit, a few BHPians have used HID kits up for grabs.
And for how bad can it be, well for starters how about spending 3grands only to see the bulbs conk off after 3hours of working. That i am sure will hurt!!!

Try Lajpat Nagar and Karol Bagh but i would say go with originals.
I have got contacts numbers for both Phillips and Bosch distributors, ill text them to you and you can get a price quote from them.
Old 21st July 2008, 02:22   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Check out the classified section Ankit, a few BHPians have used HID kits up for grabs.
And for how bad can it be, well for starters how about spending 3grands only to see the bulbs conk off after 3hours of working. That i am sure will hurt!!!

Try Lajpat Nagar and Karol Bagh but i would say go with originals.
I have got contacts numbers for both Phillips and Bosch distributors, ill text them to you and you can get a price quote from them.
3k for 3 hours I wouldn't mind trying that if my salary was about $100 an hour.

On a serious note, originals are out of budget so out of question. Philips will be expensive and Bosch do not make HIDs.

I can get Chinese make Bosch and Eagle brands that I know of, are they any good? I mean I hope they don't do the "blowing up" act just too soon or would they?

Guys, any current prices for HIDs? Also, would H4 and H3 have the same price tag or would the latter be cheaper?

EDIT: Just checked the classifieds. There is nothing for sale that suits my requirement. I can myself get the Chinese ones cheper than the ones on sale.

Last edited by ankitahuja : 21st July 2008 at 02:30.
Old 21st July 2008, 02:35   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Bosch do not make HIDs.
I thought they did!!!???

BTW the chinese makes cant be reliable but you never know about them they might last a long time or might conk off early.

And Phillips and Bosch original HIDs now are at reasonable prices because i remember one of my friends got them long back for his Palio and at that time they were close to 15k plus but now even the originals have dropped prices close to half that figure.
Try the numbers i gave you tomorrow.
Old 21st July 2008, 02:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

Philips is still at over 20k for a set with bill and warranty and they dont have an H3 in the indian range, and bosch does not sell HIDs in india, what you see in the market are chinese kits in imitation bosch packaging.
autopsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2008, 02:43   #25
BHPian

Arush, thanks for the info dude.

So what options are there for an H3 HID which does not cost a bomb? Is there a preference in Chinese HID also?
Old 21st July 2008, 03:13   #26
Senior - BHPian

yup, chinese kits are ranging between 5k to 8k mostly that ive seen. But H3 is still very uncommon so it will be difficult to catch hold of a set. Another option is thai company P4. Im runing those on my GTO for almost 2 years now, no issues but theyre priced around 16-18k.
Old 21st July 2008, 03:24   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
yup, chinese kits are ranging between 5k to 8k mostly that ive seen. But H3 is still very uncommon so it will be difficult to catch hold of a set. Another option is thai company P4. Im runing those on my GTO for almost 2 years now, no issues but theyre priced around 16-18k.
I have seen P4 adverts in auto magazines and if they have been good for two years then they should be good.
Arush what Kelvin ratings are they and what is the next best option after 4300K because i think they are not that widely available.
Old 21st July 2008, 10:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Abhik, Infact thats what makes P4 my favorite with all their kits being 6000k (next option to 4300k)... all chinese kits are 8000k or 12000k.
Old 22nd July 2008, 00:43   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
I have seen P4 adverts in auto magazines and if they have been good for two years then they should be good.
Arush what Kelvin ratings are they and what is the next best option after 4300K because i think they are not that widely available.

well to this i can get you the bosch ones(it's a twainese company not he original one because BOSCH never make HID's at all)

If you interested give me a buzz, i will pm you my number
smokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2008, 20:54   #30
BHPian

Quote:
well to this i can get you the bosch ones
Smokin dude, can you please find out the price for these Bosch HID for H3 bulbs in 4300k?