Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 20th October 2008, 21:47   #106
BHPian

@ Dippy, Fully done up should be ready by your birthday. The paint job should be complete by this weekend but after that there's lot of work of reinstalling everything which will be time consuming. & has to be done very carefully. & i myself will be involved in that process.

@vikram, Thanks

@vinay, nothing decided as of now for pedals & gear knob, but yes new tint is pipeline on the glass which will blend with new exterior color, the meter console stands OEM but dashboard will receive a minor facelift.

Some pic of progress
Colour combinations for my Turbocharged Honda City-dsc05045p.jpg

Colour combinations for my Turbocharged Honda City-dsc05041p.jpg

Tomorrow we fit the headlight, bumper, show grill, etc to check all levels/alignment etc once again. once that is done the work starts on engine bay, it will get same treatment as on exterior. once that is done the car will go to the paint booth for painting which should happen sometime this week.
meantime i have decided that the Tappet Cover of Engine should receive a new color too...(Red Matt finish) & the spark plug cover gets a carbon kevlar & which should look something like this after its done.
Name:  Spark plug cover.JPG
Views: 1819
Size:  44.5 KB

A special thanks to ranjit from A.R Motorsports for personally supervising the entire work as its very difficult for me to be there daily from morning to evening due to my work schedule.
Meantime i have narrow down one more options for shade of seats on interior.
one is the earlier one
Name:  07_997420_innenraum2d.jpg
Views: 2371
Size:  22.7 KB

The other one is this
Name:  2490059735_160d445c79_o.jpg
Views: 1615
Size:  150.5 KB
Whats your opinion guys?
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 23:46   #107
BANNED

Good! The going is very promising!
Hope I'll get to see this beauty when I am in Bombay.

Regarding the interiors, I like the first one more than the second. It's a bit common and not very outstanding. But the first one would be not easy to perfect if not done very carefully.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 00:30   #108
Senior - BHPian

I like interior shade # 1 Jitu, the second is a bit too light. Looking forward to some nice rides in this beast soon!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 01:06   #109
BHPian

I prefer the first shade too. The second, as Ishaan said, is too light and will probably look nicer with a lighter colored car.
vikram18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 02:14   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
But the first one would be not easy to perfect if not done very carefully.
I agree. If the darkness is overdone, it will end up looking dirty.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 09:21   #111
Senior - BHPian

If it's just the seats, then the first shade. If you're going to be painting the dashboard and everything too, I'd go with the second shade, or something completely different.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 16:28   #112
BHPian

I guess the pics are of the same car if you notice closely, its just that the shade appers to be lighter in sunlight and the 1st pic has been taken with the roof closed away from the sun inside a room/garrage.
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 17:32   #113
BHPian

Are you adding a wing? That would make the rear look much better.
Blue_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 21:34   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
Are you adding a wing? That would make the rear look much better.
This got to be coincidence. i have already ordered stock OEM Vtec Spoiler? afaik i am getting the original one not the taiwan one types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
I guess the pics are of the same car if you notice closely, its just that the shade appers to be lighter in sunlight and the 1st pic has been taken with the roof closed away from the sun inside a room/garrage.
Abhik, the pics are of different car but same manufacturer.

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st October 2008 at 23:38.
Old 22nd October 2008, 17:26   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
afaik i am getting the original one not the taiwan one types.
What is the difference? Do you have pics for better understanding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Abhik, the pics are of different car but same manufacturer.
Oh! i thought they were the same and the shade appeared to be lighter in the sun. But i too would suggest the darker shade of the two.
Old 22nd October 2008, 17:57   #116
BHPian

I like the darker one too.

Jitu, will you get the stiching done in a different thread colour?
ankitahuja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 18:15   #117
Team-BHP Support

Option 1 darker shade but then you will have to do the door panel and the dash also otherwise it will look jarring with the grey interiors of city.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 21:00   #118
BHPian

@ Jaggu dada i have plans only for seats, the dash board will receive minor face lift, i have some plans for the plastics of door panel, but rest remains stock. if i do everything like door panels, rear seats, etc etc it becomes like complete make over, i just want the seats to be highlighted.

@ankit I got what you are trying to say, a dark yellow may be, i have not decided anything as of now on that, stiching requires good craftmanship else it will spoil the look.

@abhik I dont have pics, but what i heard from the dealer he said its with the mounting on rear Dicky, OEM have Bolts where as taiwan type are made of fibre & its clip type & its found to do rattling as time goes by plus quality issue.

These are the first preview of the paint, please note this is just the first coat which happens to be base.there's still work pending according to painter. The car goes for final paint in paint booth with in a day or two.

Colour combinations for my Turbocharged Honda City-dsc05051.jpg

The work on Bumper in progress
Colour combinations for my Turbocharged Honda City-dsc05066.jpg
Old 22nd October 2008, 21:46   #119
BHPian

@Jitu - I have always liked the OHC VTEC stock rear spoiler and seems to go best with the overall design of the car. It actually transforms the design to a sedate looking sedan to a fast sporty one.

I think as far as the interiors are concerned you could paint all the interior dash, door panels(basically all the plastic part) in black(i guess you get some special paint for that) and go for deep/dark maroon for the seats and paste the same leather on the doorpanel inserts and headliner, that way when you open the door not only will the seats be highlighted but with the doorpanel inserts it will look like a complete design.
There are not many colors that would go with maroon for stitching so i guess you would be better off sticking to the same color stitching. Your carbon fibre inserts will look very good or you could also go with scratched steel finish inserts.

BTW the bumper looks like a beast waiting in hiding to lunge on its kill. Scary!!! Because thats what your car is.

Last edited by abhik : 22nd October 2008 at 21:59.
Old 23rd October 2008, 01:00   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
What is the difference? Do you have pics for better understanding?
Quality. The OE spoiler has a much superior surface finish while I've personally seen replicas which sag downwards from the middle portion. Plus, the LED's on the replica's are not even near the ones in the OE spoiler, it's a day & night difference.

P.S. Jitu, you want pics of how the OE spoiler is bolted down? Maybe for reference?

Last edited by iraghava : 23rd October 2008 at 01:03.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote