Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 18th December 2011, 11:28   #106
BHPian

Default re: Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Exactly what my MASS told. For the last service, I gave it outside MASS, for changing the frequently getting kaput lower arm to non-OEM Rane make. Then they permanently pulled up the window to a fixed position, so that you cannot open the window.

Do you intend to fix your power window from Mumbai?
rane makes lower arm for baleno??? as far as i know its a good brand.i dont believe in taiwan made parts.
procircuit_234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2011, 12:18   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
I put 3-4 drops of 'quickfix' ONLY ON TOP EDGE OF THE GLASS and fixed it now. Now it is ok.
OMG! Would that not destroy the rubber/fabric beadings/channels?

So, it is bound to come down even if it is permanently fixed up right? My mom, paranoid on car theft, found out a little gap at the top after a week from closing it up, and was complaining bad workmanship by the mechanic, while I, was wondering how it came up when I personally checked it to be tight after service.

Quote:
Since, 95% of the time I travel alone in the car and I use only with AC, whether the window is manual or powered do not affect me much. Even a 'quick fixed' window is also ok !!
Same with my dad who uses the car.

Is there any other option of fixing a matching power window of any other car like Esteem?

Quote:

Having manual window at rear is always good from safety point of view. As you know, there were many incidents of vehicles falling into water in kerala. Many deaths were also happening in such accidents, since the electric window will stop working once immersed in water. If manual, atleast the chances of the occupants able to open the window is more and likely to escape. So, option 3 is also not a bad idea, plus it saves few thousands for you..
I completely missed out on the point of going under water. Wondering whether the electronics will jam the door also in such emergencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
rane makes lower arm for baleno??? as far as i know its a good brand.i dont believe in taiwan made parts.
Yes, as per my mechanic who was earlier with a MASS and has now put up his own shop. It costs around 1800/-, compared to 6k including labor for the genuine part from MASS.
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 18:16   #108
BHPian

Still no after market options reported for window beeding? Who wants to spend Rs 4500 for the original but the wind noise above 90 kmph isn't nice thing to hear while driving on highways!
rock75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 23:38   #109
BHPian

Hi Mohanan,

My Baleno's rear left power window went kaputs a few months back.
The MASS here said it would cost some 11K to change the entire assembly and it will take 1wk to get the parts from Delhi. I had them just fix the window up permanently and just like you had the same slippage. That small gap is really a pain when one washes the car (a little water drips onto the rear seat) and can be horrible for the rear passenger driving on a cold Bangalore morning.

Anyhow, after much enquiring around, I was directed to a pair of guys who do power windows and central locking remotes repairs. They will come to your place also to check it up etc (in Blr of course!).

They came and saw. Said my motor was kaputs (just as the MASS guy said) and said they would try and get a 2nd hand one. I had gone to the local scarpyard (Gurjari in Shivajinagar) and knew that these things were avbl there but as I am not experienced in these things I have no way of knowing whether it is in good condition or not.

These 2 guys sourced a 2nd hand motor and kit and changed the one I had. They also had to change the window switch on the rear left door panel and delink it from the driver console. Some sort of major mess it seems and advised me not to get all that fixed as it would cost 8K !!

Anyhow, they did a really professional job - if you see them work you know they KNOW what they are upto. Had it up and running in under an hour of getting the parts. Now the power window works fine - I am happy and it all cost me 3.5K with the assurance that it was done by some really competent guys.

So ........ if happen to be in Blr, do PM and I will be happy to direct you to them. I would be happy to put up their contacts here but as its not allowed as per Forum rules I am refraining from it.

Incidentally the MASS guys initially said that they could covert the window to manual with some kit but later told me no such kit is avbl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
Right now, I am not operating my rear right window. It is permanently closed by lifting it up from inside the door pad. But, thanks to our bad roads, the glass slowly slipped down through the channel to about half. When I manually lifted the glass, it closes fully, but not permanently staying there. In the too busy life where you can find time for such hobbies of your heart only in the midnight, simple solutions are needed to support you. I put 3-4 drops of 'quickfix' ONLY ON TOP EDGE OF THE GLASS and fixed it now. Now it is ok.

I have three options in front of me :
1. Change the power window assembly from MASS by spending 8K.
2. Try to get the cable replaced from Mumbai or some place like that.
3. Think of whether I can make the window manual. Since, 95% of the time I travel alone in the car and I use only with AC, whether the window is manual or powered do not affect me much. Even a 'quick fixed' window is also ok !!

My preference is in the order option 2, option 3, option 1.

I am likely to visit mumbai in January. That time, if time permits, I want to try option 1. Till that time, let it be 'quick fixed'.

Having manual window at rear is always good from safety point of view. As you know, there were many incidents of vehicles falling into water in kerala. Many deaths were also happening in such accidents, since the electric window will stop working once immersed in water. If manual, atleast the chances of the occupants able to open the window is more and likely to escape. So, option 3 is also not a bad idea, plus it saves few thousands for you..
Musa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2012, 21:28   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musa View Post
Hi Mohanan,

So ........ if happen to be in Blr, do PM and I will be happy to direct you to them. I would be happy to put up their contacts here but as its not allowed as per Forum rules I am refraining from it.
Thank you Musa,

Due to busy official commitments, I could not go through the threads for a couple of weeks. I am going to Mumbai next week. I thought, I will first try to get the cable replaced. If I could not get it done, Then I may need your help.
I will contact you in that case.
KMohanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2012, 09:51   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
@buffetfan: Lol, mate Ill go to the market buy one and courier speed post it to you. I tell you the actual cost and you transfer the money. Haha. Anyway will be able to do it on a weekend only.
@Mods there is no commercial interest involved, its simply about helping another bhpian who is unable to source a particular part in his town.
Just to confirm - got the clock fixed finally. Many thanks for all the help. Now that my baleno is getting nearly 7 years old, the power windows are getting creak (Or is it the beadings that have become hard?). Looking out for options on how to smoothen them, if there is none available, I will just replace but I am quoted 25k for the entire assembly of beadings and windows.
Buffetfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 14:10   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
This is strange, cause I received a receipt from Bimal that had a part number.
I shall try to pull that out.
I know it's been a long time, but would you have the part number handy?
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2012, 11:23   #113
BHPian

Sorry dont have the part number with me. Sold the baleno and bought a Scorpio 2+ years back
chandras1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2012, 22:48   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
Just to confirm - got the clock fixed finally. Many thanks for all the help.
Did it work well as a bedside clock as well, all this time?
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 01:09   #115
Senior - BHPian

Replaced the RHS ORVM. Attaching a snap of the OE SGP mirror. Just the mirror.

Cost me Rs. 1427. Took 2 days for it to arrive.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120219_010523.png
Views: 1608
Size:  444.2 KB
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 10:59   #116
Senior - BHPian

My baleno was hit from behind by an idiot on Friday evening. The left tail lamp cluster is partially broken and the bumper has a big dent and is cracked.
I went to suraksha motors for an estimate and I was given a quote of 32,000/- for these two jobs. I will have to shell out around 12k-15k from my pocket for the repair

Rear Bumper :12,600/-
Tail light: 7000/- odd

I couldn't leave my car for repair on Saturday as I had plans to visit Mysore.
As I know a spare parts dealer in Mysore, I checked with him, he provided me aftermarket solutions for both the tail lamp and the bumper.

Rear bumper:4400/- without paint
Tail light: 1650/-

I also checked with my regular mechanic who services my car whether he would do insurance repairs. He said he will and gave me an estimate of around 9000/- for the repair. This is much less than what I would have to pay as depreciation charges at MASS. Though it is not a cashless repair, I will get the repairs done with my regular mech.
speedmiester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 11:56   #117
BHPian

Hi,
I recently had to replace my front windscreen after a coconut fell on it. The quotes I got were from windshield experts about 7K if we claim insurance and about 6.5 K for cash.
I got a replacement from RR auto glass for Rs3300/- all inclusive and it was fixed at home. I went this route as I did not want to lose my no claim bonus about Rs2500 and also had to pay about 1500 towards depreciation and compulsory contribution.
Rajarajeshwari Auto Glass Mart
Contact Sri Rajarajeshwari Glass Mart

Head Office : Shop No. 8, Kormahostel Building, J.C. Road, Bangalore 560002
Branch Office : #691, 15th Cross, 21st Main, J.P. Nagar2nd Phase, Bangalore - 560078
Phone : 080 40991849
Mobile : +91 9980567256 / +91 9900097199
E-Mail : rajeshwari.glassmart@gmail.com

They are distributors for Pilkington glass and also deal with all other auto glass.
The glass is from a Chinese company called FY, it is DOT and EU complaint. The only difference I can see is that the shade band on top is not as dark as the ASAHI one.
ssingri is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2012, 18:44   #118
BHPian

Anyone changed CAM sensor recently, please tell me the exact part no with cost you paid:

is it 33220-50G01(description: Sensor Cam position)? (it is Rs 2250 while another one on catalogue 33220-50g02, which says sensor assy cam position is Rs 3318) Dealer has no clue on which part to order

I got error 47 on diagnostic.

ps: I got my RH ORVM changed as the old one fell off due to a crazy Zen driver on a highway! I got some local aftermarket part for Rs 100, though not of great quality, it still does the job.

Last edited by rock75 : 10th March 2012 at 18:50.
rock75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2012, 13:53   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
My baleno was hit from behind by an idiot on Friday evening. The left tail lamp cluster is partially broken and the bumper has a big dent and is cracked.
I went to suraksha motors for an estimate and I was given a quote of 32,000/- for these two jobs. I will have to shell out around 12k-15k from my pocket for the repair

Rear Bumper :12,600/-
Tail light: 7000/- odd

I couldn't leave my car for repair on Saturday as I had plans to visit Mysore.
As I know a spare parts dealer in Mysore, I checked with him, he provided me aftermarket solutions for both the tail lamp and the bumper.

Rear bumper:4400/- without paint
Tail light: 1650/-

I also checked with my regular mechanic who services my car whether he would do insurance repairs. He said he will and gave me an estimate of around 9000/- for the repair. This is much less than what I would have to pay as depreciation charges at MASS. Though it is not a cashless repair, I will get the repairs done with my regular mech.
Hi Speedmeister,
Can you share the details of the shop where you had purchased the rear taillamp. I need one for my steed too.
unk9ja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2012, 20:42   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Hi Speedmeister,
Can you share the details of the shop where you had purchased the rear taillamp. I need one for my steed too.
I got it in Mysore, its a shop called Safe Automobiles. But you will get the same one in Bangalore, just ask around JC Road.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote