Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 7th August 2008, 04:05   #16
BHPian

Thanks a lot for your opinions guys. After reading all your comments, I need to take some time to really compare all the options.

I am now inclined towards buying an existing SUV and then having its exteriors and interiors modified.

I will come back to you guys!!!

Thanks once again for your time!!!

Best,
Yogesh
kryogesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 11:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnold991 View Post
I dont know what can be done ( seniors will explain ) but I think problem will be mostly from aerodynamic front.

But one thing is sure that you have expressed what I was thinking for many days i.e. Can we not have the body of expensive cars like A4, of course custom made look alike and put the engine of our cheaper car ?

Although it will look like its expensive counterpart but wont have expensive engine or features, only exterior beauty. Can it be done ?

I know it wont find much takers but many are there who cant afford 30lac but at least sub 10.

Last question, can I add front grill of Audi, BMW or Steel Logo of Mercedes( in old variants on the bonnet ) to my trustworthy Esteem ?
just found this post of yours.I am building a custom SUV.you may be interested to know more.PM me and we can get in touch.
14000rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 11:39   #18
BHPian

@1400rpm - Why not post more details about your build on this thread so we all can see and give you suggestions and learn. I am also interested in seeing your build.

Plus if you get stuck some of the silverbacks can help you source parts and troubleshoot.

Goodluck on your build and hope to see some pics or info soon.
spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 12:36   #19
BHPian

@kryogesh: You will never be able to make the same car cheaper than the manufacturer if thats what you are trying to achieve thats the difference between mass production and batch or rather job production! So i think the only solution for getting all the frills you want can be achieved by modifying an existing vehicle, i don't know why you're not open to that idea but please remember that modification does not refer to only body kits you can have major facelifts too be as imaginative as you want, but atleast you're not hampering the structural integrity of the vehicle!
speed0mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 15:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
@1400rpm - Why not post more details about your build on this thread so we all can see and give you suggestions and learn. I am also interested in seeing your build.

Plus if you get stuck some of the silverbacks can help you source parts and troubleshoot.

I'll sure put pics shortly.It's currently midway and not in a presentable condition.a little while from now you'll get to see it.I'll tell you, it'll be an exciting design.
Old 30th December 2008, 19:13   #21
BHPian

@1400rpm - Sounds good, work in progress and before and after pics would do great, so we can all see how it panned out and learn from the process. Any hints on what you are building?
spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 09:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@1400rpm - Sounds good, work in progress and before and after pics would do great, so we can all see how it panned out and learn from the process. Any hints on what you are building?
Its based on a short chassis jeep. The body is the outrageous part in the design. The motor is going to be the Mhawk from the scorpio.Will post pics later today.
Old 31st December 2008, 11:11   #23
BHPian

Smile

@1400rpm: Mhawk Motor!!!! Where the hell did you source that from mate!!!!!!!!
ram.west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 15:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
lets just say I've got my sources.
Old 31st December 2008, 15:56   #25
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryogesh View Post
I am interested in getting an SUV custom built.

1) Its gonna be a gift for my dad
2) I want the car to be different from the crowd

6) How practical is my above idea? My budget is upto Rs. 7 Lakhs.
Your best bet is something like what guys in Hyderabad do. This will work out well within your budget

Building a new SUV / Car-img_0072.jpg

Infact given your budget you just might be able to tempt one of these guys to sell their beauties!

Last edited by DKG : 31st December 2008 at 15:58.
DKG is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 20:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
lets just say I've got my sources.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
Quote:
Its based on a short chassis jeep. The body is the outrageous part in the design. The motor is going to be the Mhawk from the scorpio.Will post pics later today.
Quote:
Quote:
I'll sure put pics shortly.It's currently midway and not in a presentable condition.a little while from now you'll get to see it.I'll tell you, it'll be an exciting design.
Quote:

Quote:
just found this post of yours.I am building a custom SUV.you may be interested to know more.PM me and we can get in touch.
sorry guys.Project put on hold. No money.recession hit. Now i'm just working on some bullets.
Will keep all posted about the progress when it picks up pace.