Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 5th August 2008, 14:55   #1
Default Betsy (1998 Carb M800 white) being reborn.

Hey All,

My 1998 carb 800 is finally getting a makeover and should i say a new lease of life. The following are the tasks that are being done as the first step and the next is a FFE and a K&N replacement air filter. The car has done about 54000 KM's and since a swift/sx4 is likely to be the next entrant in the family, my wish of having a car done to my taste is finally happening. Just a regret that had the 800 been MPFI 5S would have been better but thats fine.

Current Work in Progress:

50,000 km Service
Brake Overhaul
Front Suspension Overhaul
Rear suspension Overhaul
Clutch Overhaul
3m Under Chassis painting
3m Interior shampoo cleaning
Rear both side tail light assy. need to be replaced
Wheel balanicng and wheel alignment
All electrical work to be checked and replaced as required

Dicky door tinkering and painting - A few small dents pending

Rhs quater panel tinkering and painting - (A motorcyclist was checking his brakes against a parked car)

Front and rear bumper replacement and painting (Body Color - White)

Door Pad set & upholstery new replacement.

3m Rubbing and polishing

Future Tasks while I am in India (Aug or Sep 2008)

Free Flow Exhaust & K&N Filter.
Painting the area above the door black (the area where the windows wind up to) - and dont know whats thats called.

I am in discussions with a few BHP'ians for the Free Flow Exhausts and have got numbers ranging from 12k to 9k including headers. Automech in Chennai was 9k and I think I am most probably going to go for that unless a better offer for a customized FFE comes along. (Does anybody have a FFE to spare for a nominal cost?)

The initial work is being done in CARS India as a service gentleman taking care of service is a good friend of mine and personal attention will be paid to it. I was wondering if there is any way to increase the interior space in the car? as in perhaps change the front seats to something thinner (replicas) etc.

Please note that the Gear lever has been cut (about 8 years ago) by about 2 -3 inches and a esteem boot installed and the same gear knob retained since it matches the boot.

Gentlemen, please let your thoughts flow as work is in progress and any advise will be useful. As for alloys I would love to have them but current cost is about 22k and another 12k is due for the FFE and free flow which seriously limits my budget. I also have to pay for my next ride !!

Is there anybody who can please do a photoshop job on say a color scheme for the DASHBOARD. The car is primarily white.

Thanks for all the help/advise in advance and I must say Team-Bhp'ians have already been of immense help and its a pleasure being here.!! I shall try and ask my friends to take pictures of the WIP for initial phase.

Srini76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 14:17   #2
Senior - BHPian
Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Originally Posted by Srini76 View Post

Painting the area above the door black (the area where the windows wind up to) - and dont know whats thats called.
I think it's called the B pillar.
sumeethaldankar is online now   Reply With Quote