Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 10th March 2005, 21:58   #1
BANNED

Default Camry What Can Be Done!

hi all,
well recently invested a camry.its a cool car and everything. but i wanna spruce it up. what all do u htink i should do. i wanna get some 18 inch rims. i am sure they will fit the car. but i am unsure about the rubber to put on them. then i wann get xenon lamp. saw an ad in autocar india for HID high intensity d...... somethng....what shouldi do to. the skoda ones wil they fit?/
help guys...car is tooo plain....
vishnugnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2005, 22:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

well if you want you get the whole bodykit for it. the xenons DO NOT buy the hid kit which will make that good car look cheap. get the gunuine xenons for it. preferably the skoda/mondeo...
18" will definitely make it look hot but then you gotta go really low on the profile aorund 35-40. will this be ok for you?
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2005, 22:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

i think that car looks fine as it is....but some alloys never hurt anyone...
dont know much about the xenons though. others will fill you in on that one.

Drifter
drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2005, 22:06   #4
BHPian

congrats vishnu. you'll not have any probs modding the camry. you'll get lots of stuff from the US.

I dont know what you could do for the camry but i am sure you'll get lots of ideas.

wow man a bangled toyota camry!!! awsome dude!
Harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2005, 00:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi, i have a bodyklit for the camry with me, similar to the design in the pic, except that the rear is a complete single piece and the sides do not have that crest towards the back, front is almost the same as well... this car in the pic is lowered, the actual bodykit is not as low as that, infact its at the same ground clearance as the car, just a longer overhang. i could paint it and send that across to you, fitting is just half an hours job. Xenon headlight conversions and 17inch rims & tires are also available for the camry right away. 18's can be imported on order. PM me for more details.

Regards,
Arush

autopsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2005, 00:54   #6
BHPian

i like the above body kit. not a bad way to spend vishnu!
gamerno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2005, 01:54   #7
BHPian

hey vishnu that's a very nice car you've bought there..well for now i can tell you that it's better if you don't invest on the body kit..if possible get 17" alloys with the toyo tyres or good year eagle f1's and run then with a 35-40 profile...trust me that will make the car look superb...well other mods that you can do is..get the hid unit with the xenon bulbs..well i can arrange for the 8000kw bulbs...they r the top of the line even better than the one's with the skoda and the Bmw..well you can also add a K&N box replacement filter to that...iridium tipped spark plugs and high performance 8mm ignition wires...after all this a good tuning job will do the trick for you...if you do need any other info..feel free to pm me..cheers...!!
dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2005, 03:02   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hey dragger, dont u think 35-40 profile tires would be wayy too low on 17s for a camry? (unless theyre like 255mms!) the profile wouldnt be really a criteria to chose tires though. i feel he would need atleast a 235/45/R17 to maintain the overall diameter. Incase he does need to go in for those very low pofile looks he'd have to go in for 19s for a 35 profile, coz anything bigger than 235 on 17s to get that aspect ratio would scrape the inners.

Btw i would definitely vote for the xenons, i just put a 7000k pure white xenon kit on my skoda ambiente and its looking hotter than an L&K!
Old 11th March 2005, 06:55   #9
Senior - BHPian

I also vote for the xenons and the alloys.

Drifter
drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2005, 10:15   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Autopsyche, that is one hell of a looker! Its actually the first time I have ever seen a Camry with a body kit. Do you custom make the kits yourself from pictures like these?

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2005, 10:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

The bodykit of the camry and the new honda accord that i have (Mugen design) have been imported from japan itself. Im not building these here because these cars deserve to have the real thing not local lookalikes in poor finish quality, you know how he locally manufactured skirtings are.. these are hundred times better in terms of quality

Last edited by autopsyche : 11th March 2005 at 10:24.
Old 11th March 2005, 12:57   #12
bhp
BHPian

i think it is worth spending the moolah on this car . looks toooo hot in that picture
bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2005, 15:08   #13
Senior - BHPian

business saloon into a mean street machine wht more to ask looks nice. i like it. seen some kitted camrys in bangkok as well. they have diffrent front lights grille and tail lights there though
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2005, 00:01   #14
BHPian

Hey autopsyche! how much would it cost for me to get those xenon lights for my skoda 1.9 tdi? please do get me the approximate prices as i live in delhi and am fed up of the stock lighting system ,. also, do you have any thing for the instrument panel? like lcd display meters(like in accord?)
car_crazy1400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2005, 00:27   #15
Team-BHP Support

Post ride!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnugnair
wanna get some 18 inch rims...
don't u think 18" would kill the ride quality? i think toyota gives 17" with one of their higher-end model camry's as standard.. they should be great and not destroy your ride quality completely..

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
have a bodyklit for the camry with me
and what a bodykit at that.. totally changes the appearance of the car for the better!!!! wow!

ad

Last edited by aah78 : 12th March 2005 at 00:29. Reason: modifying content
aah78 is offline   Reply With Quote