Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 22nd August 2008, 05:45   #1
HPP
BHPian

Default Labour charges for modifications in India

Hey all, I've been curious what the labor rates are for some of the modifications that are being done these days? Stuff as simple as swapping in store bought headers all the way up to heavy custom fabrication. Meaning custom turbo kits/motor builds or anything of the like.

If you would, any of you with real knowledge of what charges seem to be the norm, I'd like to hear about it. I don't need to know what you paid, just give me ballpark numbers.

If any of the current tuners would chime in, I'd love to hear from you guys as well(if you are willing).
HPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2008, 14:06   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Labour charges in India are peanuts compared to what you Yankees pay. For obvious reason. I paid about Rs. 15,000 (or $350) in labour at an authorised company workshop for my Jeep's engine install. This included removing the previous engine + entire drivetrain, making all the alterations and reinstalling the new engine, drivetrain + all ancillaries. Complete job performed at factory quality using factory parts. Wrt custom exhausts, I have seen prices include the parts too. The most popular free-flows cost anywhere between 6,000 - 10,000, thus I presume the fitting charge is only about 1,000 - 1,500. Porting / Polishing an average of Rs. 10,000 while rebuilds of Honda's and Suzuki's cost anywhere in the range of 7,500 - 20,000 in labour.

You probably want to have a look at the numbers in this thread (ARTICLE: How to Modify / Tune your car).
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2008, 04:31   #3
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Labour charges in India are peanuts compared to what you Yankees pay. For obvious reason. I paid about Rs. 15,000 (or $350) in labour at an authorised company workshop for my Jeep's engine install. This included removing the previous engine + entire drivetrain, making all the alterations and reinstalling the new engine, drivetrain + all ancillaries. Complete job performed at factory quality using factory parts. Wrt custom exhausts, I have seen prices include the parts too. The most popular free-flows cost anywhere between 6,000 - 10,000, thus I presume the fitting charge is only about 1,000 - 1,500. Porting / Polishing an average of Rs. 10,000 while rebuilds of Honda's and Suzuki's cost anywhere in the range of 7,500 - 20,000 in labour.

You probably want to have a look at the numbers in this thread (ARTICLE: How to Modify / Tune your car).
That's great! I haven't been able to read the whole thing yet, but I think it will give me a good idea of what I'm asking about. However, do the numbers in that thread include parts and labor? Or just parts? Or just labor? Thanks for the link though.
HPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2008, 12:05   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Yup, they are indicative prices including parts + labour both.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 19:25   #5
BHPian

i don't know but labor for fitting things like speakers,free flow end can (not the whole exhaust),headlights are almost always free as long as you get them installed from the place you buy it.But it depends where you go.
dr chill is offline   Reply With Quote