Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 6th September 2008, 16:04   #46
BHPian

Hi rider, Here is my contribution towards the post. I am very busy with work so couldn’t do much about it. Will do another job for sure once I am off from the hectic schedule.
Attached Thumbnails
muscular meaner looking accent need your views and thoughts-accent.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th September 2008 at 14:18. Reason: Color & font tags are not supported by Forum software please remove them before posting
zacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2008, 18:19   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
I did some modifications too.

The bumper & grill has ben replaced completely.
Also the Bonnet may require a monor modifications.

Tried to make the look flow with the overall car design.
Looks more like a facelift job.

Pic:
Attachment 46001

IMHO, this is the BEST. Very clean & OE kind of look.

All those options with 4 fog / driving lights on the bumper CANNOT be done on the Accent, simply because the bumper slopes into the grille & there is practically no space to put those lights there.

If you have to put the 4 lights on the lower portion of the bumper, that MAY work.

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2008, 08:27   #48
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_m5_titus View Post
My vote goes for the 2nd one!
i agree, was kind of thinking about the same . not too loud and not too subtle. (i am taking about the same pic in the post no #34 too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
@ Rider60 - If you can fabricate/get a pair of eyelids for the h/ls, it will gel better with the mods. The raised eyebrow looks don't go with the proposed mods IMHO.
nice idea let me try and come out with a pic of the same with the second pic in the post no #34.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
@rider : Changing the grille itself will bring in more muscle to the car. I seriously think the smiling grille looks out of place.
yes the smiling grille really spoils the look and fun of this car.

Quote:
I did some modifications too.

The bumper & grill has ben replaced completely.
Also the Bonnet may require a monor modifications.

Tried to make the look flow with the overall car design.
Looks more like a facelift job.

Pic:
Attachment 46001
now this looks more like it, a face lift that goes well with the car, thank you SRK for the time and efforts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacs View Post
[COLOR=black]Hi rider, Here is my contribution towards the post. I am very busy with work so couldn’t do much about it. Will do another job for sure once I am off from the hectic schedule.[/COLOR]
zacs i liked the bumper and the idea, thanks for the contribution and effort mate.

but can you try some thing that is less loud and say subtly muscular, like say the mustang is, i am not looking at the fast and furious kind of looks at all.

guys i am still waiting to get the right kind of face, i appreciate all the help guys three cheers to this.

my apologies for not being very active here for the past few days as i was busy with this,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...tml#post968683

i will check tbhp regularly and this thread too thanks for the inspiration once again guys.
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2008, 15:22   #49
Senior - BHPian

take a look at these i am looking at a grille similar to these, and the front bumper look similar to pic 2 in post no #34

or a mix of say srk's bumper design with skirting of the pic in the above post.

now the pics follow.
Attached Images

Old 8th September 2008, 21:17   #50
BHPian

How about this? This pic was taken off tBHP long back.

Name:  accentgu9.jpg
Views: 1247
Size:  49.0 KB
hyper123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2008, 22:14   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper123 View Post
How about this? This pic was taken off tBHP long back.

Attachment 47038
Thats an angry looking car..
AbhiJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2008, 09:19   #52
Senior - BHPian

thanks hyper i kind of like the grille work, it would look a bit more elegant with a chrome/nickel lining, but the rest just does not gel well.

the lower grille being a little bigger would make it look meaner, the head lights with only the upper leaner eye lids and not the lower/side eye lids would look better.

man i need to learn the photoshop to show you how i would like it better. this car i think has a full body skirting, i am not looking at one i need the ground clearance all around though.

give me some time to learn it and post the possible contenders.

thanks guys.
Old 9th September 2008, 19:32   #53
SRK
Senior - BHPian

rider60,
since you arent going for an all round skirt job, I suggest keep the bumper design simple. May be more like an OEM styling.

Are you planning to change only the front bumper?
Will modifying the bonnet be possible?
SRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2008, 22:06   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
rider60,
since you arent going for an all round skirt job, I suggest keep the bumper design simple. May be more like an OEM styling.

Are you planning to change only the front bumper?
Will modifying the bonnet be possible?

i rather modify only the front bumper considering the costs, i really dont feel like modding the bonnet, modding the bonnet would mean
1. i need a skilled worker to get the right shapes
2. a brand new paint job for the bonnet too
3. a poor or not so skilled job would mean the bonnet flying on to my wind shield on the highways = unsafe, the alignment etc should be very precise.

so rather not touch that part.

and even the bumper mods i would keep it to a good minimum and simple so as to not mod the collision beam of the car if it gets in way.

hence i previously came up with the pic 2 in post no: 34 was kind of thinking that was the possible contender but i was just not convinced with such plane elegant muscle look, i just wanted a little more, may be adding extra lights?

its just that i want the car to stand out a little but not loud/ wacky in any way.

so srk can you do some thing to that pic?

i am posting the pics that i think could be possible contenders with IDs now

ID No:1 and ID No:2 pics follow.
Attached Thumbnails
muscular meaner looking accent need your views and thoughts-dsc01351-dalite-type-5-possible-contender-10002-wth-literature.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 10th September 2008, 00:18   #55
JPL
BHPian

Rider60, I really liked Xehaust's mod on his ride. Kudos to you
Xehaust, thats a fine looking car.

SRK's vision was superb too.

IMHO the contender 1 and 2 with the chrome lining/beading on the grill not looking so good, actually looking kinda cheap mod( whats the difference b/w these pics BTW)

IMHO you should go with Xehausts mod, you can keep the scorpian clutches too, just match them with the bumper colour. And add the hyundai logo on the grill. like in SRK's mod and make it look like a confusing legit (stock) import

Last edited by JPL : 10th September 2008 at 00:27.
JPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2008, 00:56   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post
Rider60, I really liked Xehaust's mod on his ride. Kudos to you
Xehaust, thats a fine looking car.

SRK's vision was superb too.

IMHO the contender 1 and 2 with the chrome lining/beading on the grill not looking so good, actually looking kinda cheap mod( whats the difference b/w these pics BTW)

IMHO you should go with Xehausts mod, you can keep the scorpian clutches too, just match them with the bumper colour. And add the hyundai logo on the grill. like in SRK's mod and make it look like a confusing legit (stock) import

there is not difference as such i posted the wrong pic the second one ID No: 2, JPL, take a look at the last of the OHCs they came with a similar looking grille but had horizontal lines, it looked really elegant yet muscular, thats the factor i am looking at, hence the design.

well i dont think thats Xehaust's car, its a pic of the car's version sold abroad years ago.

it is good infact, but then they really messed up the bottom part of the bumper on it.

infact i am looking at the kind of stock legitimate import look.

and i will post the ID No: 2 pic soon, the above one just got mixed so sorry.
Old 10th September 2008, 02:01   #57
JPL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
there is not difference as such i posted the wrong pic the second one ID No: 2, JPL, take a look at the last of the OHCs they came with a similar looking grille but had horizontal lines, it looked really elegant yet muscular, thats the factor i am looking at, hence the design.

Yup I agree!!

well i dont think thats Xehaust's car, its a pic of the car's version sold abroad years ago.

Xehaust go for it, looks nice.

it is good infact, but then they really messed up the bottom part of the bumper on it.

hehe I did not notice that man, I saw the backgroung now, and also re-read the post. Yup it looks awesome, I do like the bottom part,makes it look meaner. But then you will have to fabricate a new bumper for it and you also dont like it, so just the grill would look good.

infact i am looking at the kind of stock legitimate import look.

Yup..hehee but I could not come up with something better than
"stock legitimate import look".

and i will post the ID No: 2 pic soon, the above one just got mixed so sorry.

Sure man.
My answers in bold
JPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 18:31   #58
SRK
Senior - BHPian

@rider60:
I made another design for the front bumper.

This one doesnt require much modifications except the grill part,I have incorporated it in the bumper itself,so now its one peice.
New vents have been cut in order to give the effect of a bigger front grill.
Also I have incorporated the side scorpion type design as suggested by you.

Also the design that you had shown i.e the one with a single big grill, may not be a good option in terms of design if you use the current bumper.
The reason is that there is a step before the current grill starts. I mean the line where the grill just starts. Also the grill is a bit inside the bumper.
Hence it would be a bit difficult to get a good finish.

Heres my idea:

Name:  2 copy.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  118.5 KB
SRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2008, 00:46   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@rider60:
I made another design for the front bumper.

This one doesnt require much modifications except the grill part,I have incorporated it in the bumper itself,so now its one peice.
New vents have been cut in order to give the effect of a bigger front grill.
Also I have incorporated the side scorpion type design as suggested by you.

Also the design that you had shown i.e the one with a single big grill, may not be a good option in terms of design if you use the current bumper.
The reason is that there is a step before the current grill starts. I mean the line where the grill just starts. Also the grill is a bit inside the bumper.
Hence it would be a bit difficult to get a good finish.

Heres my idea:

Attachment 48519

well srk yaaar i am not looking for that kind of set up though, the car in the above pic is more appealing to me.

can you post some more for inspiration and ideas???
Old 26th March 2009, 18:14   #60
Senior - BHPian

Of all the pics so far, I really liked SRk's designs. Neat and good looking. Integrating lights may not look to good.

You can go with the grill of the second design of SRK, with the bumper of his first design.
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote