Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 24th September 2008, 23:50   #136
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
then will be cleaned but i shall desist from polishing it till the lights go onto the car..
might wanna keep them matte..
should i think about leds?????? the bulbs or the strips? and what holder to house them in?
im now changing my mind about the morels and going for ground zeros... the 6x9's are good, i've heard. any comments on those?
Please Please Dont keep them Matt!! I have seen MAtt smoked lights and compared to Gloss Black ones they look like crap!!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 00:31   #137
Senior - BHPian

ok mate.. will go to the garage and decide..
wat about those 3 lines ive left? should they go too?
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 00:37   #138
BANNED

Quote:
ok mate.. will go to the garage and decide..
wat about those 3 lines ive left? should they go too?
If it was my decesion, They should go. But, Please polish them!! Dont go for the Matt Look. Trust me, after it is done ,you will thank me!!
Old 25th September 2008, 21:54   #139
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE:
The lights are going to get a clear coat.. just spoke to the painter. he said matt will look good but he showed me a layer on the old light and it looked decent. so the clear coat will be applied soon..
The seats are shaping up to be really nice.. just saw them and they're almost ready.
delivery has been postponed to sunday but i doubt it'll happen then cos the tyre shops are shut and the first thing that i will be doing is putting the alloys and wheel alignment and balancing.
so monday will be the day the car will hit the road and the ice and the other stuff will be put on tuesday...
wednesday the car will become roadworthy! i just cant wait now!

Last edited by frankmehta : 25th September 2008 at 21:58.
Old 25th September 2008, 23:56   #140
BANNED

Quote:
UPDATE:
The lights are going to get a clear coat.. just spoke to the painter. he said matt will look good but he showed me a layer on the old light and it looked decent. so the clear coat will be applied soon..
The seats are shaping up to be really nice.. just saw them and they're almost ready.
delivery has been postponed to sunday but i doubt it'll happen then cos the tyre shops are shut and the first thing that i will be doing is putting the alloys and wheel alignment and balancing.
so monday will be the day the car will hit the road and the ice and the other stuff will be put on tuesday...
wednesday the car will become roadworthy! i just cant wait now!
Nice to see progress!! Just dont compromise on quality and try to get the car done quickly!! I can understand your anxiety!! Have gone through exactly the same thing!! THRICE!!!
Old 26th September 2008, 14:51   #141
Senior - BHPian

Hey the lights looks good but as cyrus said clear will look better, specially with the color of your car.
dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 15:49   #142
Senior - BHPian

yes.. im happy you'll told me.. it definitely looks better glossy.. seats are going to be installed tomorrow and final valetting, polishing, shampooing and other things on suanday before delivery
Old 26th September 2008, 20:56   #143
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE:
bought philips xtreme power bulbs for the headlights.. they are CRAZY bright. they cost 800 bucks a pop so i hope they last for long..
the lights are going to be glossed and polished tomorrow and the dashboard and the trim have also been installed.
polishing, installation of lights, bumpers, seats and stuff i dont remember is left..
so possibly delivery is on sunday and the alloys and the ice will go in by tuesday..
still confused between components and 6x9s but not willing to spend more than 5k on the whole thing and i think GOOD components with the fitting will go to more than 8k. still confused though
how much would illusion audio components cost me with their installation into the door pads?

Last edited by frankmehta : 26th September 2008 at 21:12.
Old 26th September 2008, 21:33   #144
Senior - BHPian

@frankmehta: Are the Phillips xtreme bulbs, H4 size?? can u post some pics of the bulb or the carton??
badboyscad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 21:34   #145
Senior - BHPian

they're with the mechanic.
they're h4 for sure..
why?
Old 26th September 2008, 22:13   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
they're h4 for sure..
why?
i was wondering whether i could fit them in my scorpio.

can you please ask your mechanic, whether those xtreme bulbs can be fitted to a scorpio?

PS: i didnt get proper answers in the "auto lighting" thread.
badboyscad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 22:15   #147
Senior - BHPian

yea even i agree the auto lighting thread is too vast and too boring to search in..
i didnt get any answers there despite me posting a lot of questions there!
im DEAD sure the correct xtreme powers can be fitted in possibly any car with halogen headlamps.. someone correct me if i am wrong
Old 26th September 2008, 22:44   #148
BANNED

Please make sure you have a good Wiring Setup and a good Relay for the Headlights! Cant wait to see the car!!
Old 26th September 2008, 22:47   #149
Senior - BHPian

after a million thoughts, ive decided to go for electra components for the front doors and not have any speakers on the shelf (since i'll be the only one driving the car)..
i might get 6x9s later if the need arises but its components for now.
electra el61s i think..
lets see.. still thinkin!
Old 26th September 2008, 23:30   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yea even i agree the auto lighting thread is too vast and too boring to search in..
i didnt get any answers there despite me posting a lot of questions there!
im DEAD sure the correct xtreme powers can be fitted in possibly any car with halogen headlamps.. someone correct me if i am wrong
Yes ,you can fit these on any vehicle as long as the conector can accept the bulb and the wattage of the bulb your replacing is not different from you vehicle's original wattage, if the replacement is of higher wattage, you have to run a high gauge wire from the battery to a relay and connect the wire from the light switch to the relay to turn in ON. that will take care of every thing. Otherwise the switch heats up and fails. and also the entire wiring will get loaded with extra power requirement of the bulbs.
I hope your question is answered, any other electrical/electronic related problems let me know.

Hey frank, you will feel the need for speaker at the rear once you get the car on road, so it better you decide about this now.

Last edited by dinar : 26th September 2008 at 23:36.
dinar is offline   Reply With Quote