Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 22nd December 2010, 19:57   #151
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Stanley leather seats - review please

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb007 View Post
Even i was searching for the same and for that i had a talk with Mr. Sajith from karlsson Bangalore whose number is posted in one of the previous posts in this thread only. But as expected they don't have any outlet in NCR, they do have one in mumbai. He told me that for the NCR they require some quality fitters. I suggested him that they should seriously consider NCR, as their is no one to compete Stanley (Quality Standards) here and with your pricing you can have a good share of market. He told me that they do have plans to come to NCR in future but nothing concrete as of now . Yes i want to know the shop which you were referring to. As i am planning my next car (Ritz Vdi ABS), i want leather seats for the same. Did you get your seat covers done from the same shop which you are referring to? Please share the details, if yes.
Btw it was very sad reading about your experience at driven . I was planning for the ICE from driven only but now i have to think again.
Hey mate, I had also spoken to Santosh at Karlsson & I was also told the same.
As for the shop I was referring to, I haven't yet gotten any work done but looking at the crowd there & a sample of the steering wheel, I felt the guy is capable of decent work. It was definitely not as good as Stanley's but with no options, I thought it would be a good try. I have presently spoken to this guy for the steering, gear knob & the gear boot.

Our fellow Bhpian Abeer is also probably interested in a few things. Maybe we can club together on the coming weekend & explore a few options.

Regarding my experience at Driven, thank you mate & even I have been left shocked. I would suggest you take your time & look at a few other places as well before deciding on one. I have had a better experience at another shop close to my place & if you want, you can check them out as well. PM me if you are interested in paying a visit, I would accompany you.

Drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
Thanks. Spoke with them on 9313840882. They want me to come to Delhi (Karol Baug / Lajpat Nagar) for the steering wheel cover which would cost around 1500/- and the leather will be Classic or Satin.
Hey mate, as per the Stanley website, there is no showroom in Karol Bagh or Lajpat Nagar. Also, I have learnt that despite being a big company, these guys don't have a fixed rate. I was given a price of 5K just for the steering, whereas another Bhpian in Bangalore got the same work done in 2K. And now you have a price of 1.5K. Did you ask them if they would cover the entire steering or only the ring/outer portion of the steering wheel? By outer portion, I mean the area that we hold to turn the steering.

As I have also suggested to dkb007 above, what do you think about getting together on Saturday & exploring a few places including this place in KB that you have been directed to?

Drive safe.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 22nd December 2010 at 20:07.
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 23:41   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Spoke with them on 9313840882. They want me to come to Delhi (Karol Baug / Lajpat Nagar) for the steering wheel cover which would cost around 1500/- and the leather will be Classic or Satin.
abeer, I just wanted to confirm now since I forgot to do that earlier. The quote of 1.5K from Stanley, is it for the hand-stitched variety or the normal ones?

Drive safe.
Old 23rd December 2010, 12:59   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
abeer, I just wanted to confirm now since I forgot to do that earlier. The quote of 1.5K from Stanley, is it for the hand-stitched variety or the normal ones?

Drive safe.
Hand-stitched. Please share the website address of Stanley as I was not able to find it.
Abeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 20:01   #154
Senior - BHPian

^^ Here's the link mate,

Stanley LifeStyles

However, as I asked earlier, did you check with them if they would be covering the entire steering or only the ring/wheel area (the part of the steering that is held to rotate it)?

Drive safe.
Old 24th December 2010, 15:25   #155
BHPian

Only for the ring. For the entire steering wheel, they would remove the same and then send to Bangalore which takes around 5-6 days and the cost would be 4500/-
Abeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2010, 16:29   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Only for the ring. For the entire steering wheel, they would remove the same and then send to Bangalore which takes around 5-6 days and the cost would be 4500/-
Just one question, what are the areas apart from the ring are covered in the entire steering wheel and how is it done?
dkb007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2010, 19:25   #157
Senior - BHPian

^^ Hey mate, although the question wasn't directed at me, I would still like to put in my 2 cents. From what I learnt from a Stanley executive, they would cover the ring, along with the front portion (horn et all) & the area behind this center part i.e. if you remove the steering wheel & then reverse it, the area that you see.

I hope you could get the picture.

BTW, it seems I was quoted a price of 5K for the entire steering wheel then. However, it still intrigues me how they could do the same job for another guy at 2K. I guess, I will have a word & see if they have any option around this range.

Lastly, I have a quote of 1.5K from the guy I visited for the ring (steering), gear knob & the boot, all in leather.

Drive safe.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 24th December 2010 at 19:26.
Old 25th December 2010, 02:12   #158
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone recently gotten Seats done in Scandinavian leather from Stanley's in Dilli/Faridabad. I was looking for a feedback on the quality of the leather itself and the workmanship some photos if possible. Thanks
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2010, 13:44   #159
BHPian

Quote:
^^ Hey mate, although the question wasn't directed at me, I would still like to put in my 2 cents. From what I learnt from a Stanley executive, they would cover the ring, along with the front portion (horn et all) & the area behind this center part i.e. if you remove the steering wheel & then reverse it, the area that you see.

I hope you could get the picture.

BTW, it seems I was quoted a price of 5K for the entire steering wheel then. However, it still intrigues me how they could do the same job for another guy at 2K. I guess, I will have a word & see if they have any option around this range.

Lastly, I have a quote of 1.5K from the guy I visited for the ring (steering), gear knob & the boot, all in leather.

Drive safe.
Thanks blackfire_9, i got your point and can imagine as well. I suppose this 5k for complete steering will get down if we opt for the complete package like the seat covers, gear knob, door sides, hand brake and steering etc.
Old 27th December 2010, 19:40   #160
Senior - BHPian

^^ Hey mate, sure we can try asking for a combined deal, however, I am not planning for the seat covers at this stage. I am just looking at the steering, gear knob & boot & the door trims at this stage.

Plus, we might have to leave the car stationary for about 10 days for this job to be done. It could be a hassle for me, but if you are in, I can try to figure a way out.

Lastly, if you are putting up in delhi or visit delhi frequently, & if I may suggest, can we visit this other guy once together? I am speaking of the guy I visited & got a quote of 1.5K. Let's just check out his stuff & the material he uses.

Drive safe.
Old 27th December 2010, 21:49   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Not worth it at all!! There isn't a chap who cannot stitch leather around the steering in your City?

Pensee leather in Blore does it for 1.3K in 2 - 3 hours after removing the wheel. 4 to 5 days with 3 times the expense is simply not worth it. Be patient and search local.

Cheers
Ragul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2010, 12:07   #162
BHPian

Quote:
^^ Hey mate, sure we can try asking for a combined deal, however, I am not planning for the seat covers at this stage. I am just looking at the steering, gear knob & boot & the door trims at this stage.

Plus, we might have to leave the car stationary for about 10 days for this job to be done. It could be a hassle for me, but if you are in, I can try to figure a way out.

Lastly, if you are putting up in delhi or visit delhi frequently, & if I may suggest, can we visit this other guy once together? I am speaking of the guy I visited & got a quote of 1.5K. Let's just check out his stuff & the material he uses.

Drive safe.
10 days , don't you think 10 days is quite a time for the job. It'll be difficult for me as well to leave the car for 10 days. I would definitely love to come with you but the problem is that i have not bought the new car "Ritz Vdi ABS" yet but i am planning around Feb and March next year. As of now Wagon R 2008 Lxi is doing good for me but i have no plans for the seat cover job for Wagon R. All the goodies and modifications are planned for my new babe .
Yes i am in New Delhi only. I will be going for the quotes 10 to 15 days prior to my purchase.
Old 2nd January 2011, 20:42   #163
Senior - BHPian

^^ Hey mate,

I am sorry for the delayed response, was just a little occupied & couldn't find time to put up a reply earlier. Before anything else, happy new year.

Well, 10 days is too steep for me & even more so, because I have just one car. Hence I have decided to give the local guy a shot with the steering job, gear knob & boot. I got a decent price for it & hence going ahead in a few days. Will post the pictures as & when the job is done on my car.

And surely, we can also pay this guy a visit once you start taking quotes. Oh btw, congrats on the wonderful buy man! The fiat diesel in a Suzuki body rocks.

Drive safe.

@all: Guys, happy new year. Does anybody know how to unhook/unscrew the gear knob in the Alto? I just want to know in advance about how it's done, so that while the guy does it, I know if what he's doing is correct or not. Please help.

Drive safe.
Old 3rd January 2011, 12:35   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Oh btw, congrats on the wonderful buy man! The fiat diesel in a Suzuki body rocks.

Drive safe.
Happy new year to you and all aur fellow bhpians. Btw i have not purchased the car yet but i've finalised the car and will be buying in a month or two. But rightly said The fiat diesel engine in the ritz is just awesome and one of a performer .
Old 13th July 2011, 18:54   #165
BHPian

I have just been offered Stanley leather seats as complimentary accessory for Laura. The salesperson tells me that it is worth 35k in the market. This appears too low to me for real leather seats, which i thought would cost 60-65k for a mid-sized sedan. Can someone provide inputs on this? Am i being offered fake leather (Does Stanley even make those?) in the name of leather seats?
skjlives is offline   Reply With Quote