Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 9th August 2014, 22:34   #256

Default Seat Covers in Coimbatore

I have just purchased a Honda City I VTEC 2014. Wanted to know whether Koyas deal in other accessories as well. And since the post is old are there any other options in Coimbatore now.
noddy308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 12:43   #257
BHPian

Default Re: Stanley & other Leather seat brands

Hi, I am thinking of getting genuine leather seat covers for my Polo GT Tsi. What would be the best option of getting it done in Mumbai? The dealer or 3rd party like Stanley etc. The dealer is Shaman cars(VW downtown). If 3rd party, please recommend location/company for the same. Am planning on going for black leather with red stitching.

Thanks,
Apurva
apurva512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 15:23   #258
BHPian

Default Re: Seat Covers in Coimbatore

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddy308 View Post
I have just purchased a Honda City I VTEC 2014. Wanted to know whether Koyas deal in other accessories as well. And since the post is old are there any other options in Coimbatore now.
Koyas,as far as I'm aware, are known for their upholstery. Their website states they sell accessories as well. What kind of accessories are you looking at?
Sun Combine near the Central RTO office used to be a good alternative. I got leather seats for my Punto done there & it has held up very well for the past 4 years.
There are a couple of "new kids" (literally) on the block ~spotted a couple of well-done-up showrooms in Ramnagar & MG Road (near Ramakrishna Hospital) Not sure of their quality
rshanker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 19:47   #259

Default Seat Covers in Coimbatore

Thank you sir. I got my Artificial Leather seat covers put from third Space in Gandhi Puram. Seemed a bit expensive at 7200 but i didn't want to delay it an most of the shops were closed on 15 Aug. Although the stuff is neat but while putting it they made a small cut that is visible behind the armrest when it is pulled out. Although they promised to replace it they haven't called and i guess they wont.

Looking for Illuminated scuff plates as well for my IVTEC Honda City but a couple of places I inquired appeared to be expensive, not to mention that they say that they will have to cut the wires so i have dropped the idea for the moment.
noddy308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 00:01   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurva512 View Post
Hi, I am thinking of getting genuine leather seat covers for my Polo GT Tsi. What would be the best option of getting it done in Mumbai? The dealer or 3rd party like Stanley etc. The dealer is Shaman cars(VW downtown). If 3rd party, please recommend location/company for the same. Am planning on going for black leather with red stitching.
The Stanley Boutique in Bombay is close to Chakala.
And it's available on Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/43C0P
It's in the lane of Lotus Suites and the gate is a bit deceptive if closed.
They have parking as well for a 4-5 cars.
They do the automotive work in the shed on the campus.

I am expecting my GT TSI this week (also from VW Downtown) and will be heading there soon.
It is my first time getting genuine leather covers on, so I am playing it safe with Stanley.

Helped some friends get Art Leather seats for a Polo at Orchis and I liked their work. There's a more informative thread about them here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ned-civic.html (Installed : Orchis seat covers in my pre-owned Civic)
vinodbollini is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 11:15   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

What happened to Connelly, the premium British brand?
sgiitk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2014, 16:33   #262
BHPian

Has anybody got leather wrapping done for the steering, gear lever and hand-brake in Hyderabad? I have heard of Stanley, but thought of checking if there are any other good options.
civic-dk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 17:31   #263
Senior - BHPian

I'm also looking for a good reference to do the leather steering cover for my Swift. Folks in Bangalore seem to be spoilt with choices while Hyderabad doesn't seem to have any!

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Has anybody got leather wrapping done for the steering, gear lever and hand-brake in Hyderabad? I have heard of Stanley, but thought of checking if there are any other good options.
Any idea what is the rate for Stanley to do the leather cover for steering?
zenren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2015, 16:26   #264
BHPian

Stanley is quoting exorbitant prices here at Cochin. Is there any cheaper but reliable alternative to STANLEY for leather seat covers in Kerala ? Any good shop with members having first-hand experience ? Got a better quote from GALAXY, at Cochin, can I go forward?
shasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2015, 14:48   #265
Senior - BHPian

Can someone guide me to a pure leather steering wheel cover for my Duster? All the covers that I get are artificial leather or a combination of artificial and pure leather. I want it in pure leather throughout. No one seems to have them. And online retailers are claiming their covers to be leather in the headline but it is not mentioned anywhere in the product details. At the prices they quote it cannot be pure leather. I am more than certain of that.
Some help in Calcutta will be much appreciated. Does Stanley sell only steering wheel covers? I don't really want to pay a ridiculously high price for their brand name.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2015, 15:31   #266
BHPian

Yes Stanley in Kolkata sells pure leather steering covers. I have one installed in my Dzire for last 7 years. It aged really well.
sinhsha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2015, 19:05   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Where did you finally get your leather wrap done in Hyderabad? Could you suggest good places based on your experience? I am looking for factory like finish and not the ugly sewn up finish that many shops do here. Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.
mustangvins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2015, 23:51   #268
BHPian

After a lot of searching and contemplating between art leather and leather, we finally decided on the Stanley leather seats for the gt tsi.😀

Now, leather costs much more than art leather. It requires maintenance, but the option to customize and smell of polished leather gives the car a premium feel

Got this done at New Motor Hood, Jangli Maharaj Rd, Pune. The owner Hitesh was very helpful and patient in choosing the color of leather, the design and stitch. I was very happy with his attention to detail and personal involvement in the installation.

Mine is a 2015 red polo.
The back and sides of the seats, the center arm rest and door arm rest are done in composite leather.

Have a look.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1441304300.785004.jpg
Views: 6069
Size:  361.3 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1441304351.355460.jpg
Views: 5654
Size:  336.2 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1441304384.440684.jpg
Views: 5756
Size:  353.5 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1441304465.678267.jpg
Views: 5672
Size:  357.7 KB
Happysmiles is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2015, 22:39   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiles View Post
A

Got this done at New Motor Hood, Jangli Maharaj Rd, Pune. The owner Hitesh was very helpful and patient in choosing the color of leather, the design and stitch. I was very happy with his attention to detail and personal involvement in the installation.
Nicely done !! How much did it cost you ?
silverknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2015, 07:25   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
Nicely done !! How much did it cost you ?

That cost me around 36K including the armrest etc.
Happysmiles is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote