Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 18th September 2008, 10:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Kindly excuse my ignorance, but are the OE fog lamps of the Civic not upto the mark ? Instead of trying various retro fitments why not go for the OE foglights.

Cheers
Ricky_63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 10:36   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Kindly excuse my ignorance, but are the OE fog lamps of the Civic not upto the mark ? Instead of trying various retro fitments why not go for the OE foglights.

Cheers
I have not installed the OE ones, but similar one with exactly the same fitments. I don't believe OE ones (Stanley) will be any different. Probably Civic "V" users can comment on the OE performance.
dinu2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 14:45   #18
BHPian

I was using HID in my ford fusion in HL as well as fog light now i want to fix them in my civic
anybody has idea of numbers of bulb like H1, h4 h7 which one is suitable for civic?
thnks
W.Ajay
a4_attitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 15:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Dinu, these are not edited pics, i have only this with me right now, will snap more and post for your confirmation.

I got these from a dealer in Punjabi bagh, here in Delhi. Costed me 6k(Though the actual price is much more). I dont know about your city, but seen atleast 5 different civic with these installed, they are readily available in the Delhi car markets.

I was going through the Civic review on TBhp, its written that Stock foglights are more powerful than in most other cars, can some users with OE fogs please comment. Thanks.

@a4_attitude: you have stock lights or Projectors?? Look up in your car manual for specific details. The projector requires H7 and H1 bulb in low and high respectively.
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 15:22   #20
BHPian

@m4ugr8 am using stock fog lights comes in 1.8v variant, shall I consider xenons for fog lamp
a4_attitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 17:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Please. Do not fit HIDs onto the reflector equipped fogs. The rest of us coming the other way have to see the road and God knows what else is ahead of us y'know. HIDs in reflector lights cause extreme glare and are really painful to look at.

Projectors or bust!

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 20th September 2008 at 17:28.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 11:49   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude View Post
I was using HID in my ford fusion in HL as well as fog light now i want to fix them in my civic
anybody has idea of numbers of bulb like H1, h4 h7 which one is suitable for civic?
thnks
W.Ajay
The stock fog lamp is H11
dinu2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 14:14   #23
BHPian

Quote:
I have not installed the OE ones, but similar one with exactly the same fitments. I don't believe OE ones (Stanley) will be any different. Probably Civic "V" users can comment on the OE performance.
Dinu, The OE fogs are not very good. And they stay too close to the car even after the re-focusing. I am also on the lookout better lighting.
princemanatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 15:50   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princemanatt View Post
Dinu, The OE fogs are not very good. And they stay too close to the car even after the re-focusing. I am also on the lookout better lighting.
They are supposed to spread the beam close to the car.

It is a "FOG" Light NOT a Driving Light.
mura is offline   Reply With Quote