Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 4th March 2014, 11:25   #241
BHPian

Default Re: BMW 5 series - ICE, BSI aftercare packages & other post purchase queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I will still suggest you to opt for 2 or maximum 3 Years in beginning . As explained you can always extend this package . Who knows after 3 Years you have itching to upgrade ........................................

I have owned 320D , 530D , X5 & X6 . I sold 3 series & X5 before they crossed 30,000 KM , all of these have been trouble free & almost as or more reliable than any other Cars My past cars include Pajero , Fortuner, Innova , CRV .
That's an impressive collection of cars you've got there. Thanks for sharing you feedback about BMW after sales and the durability of the Vehicle. I'm sure to hold the car for minimum 5 yrs as I don't change my cars before that period.

As luck would have it I got a mail from BMW stating that a new BSI for 3yrs/40,000 kms for Rs. 1,27,528/ has been introduced which is ideal for me. But was just considering of taking the full 5yr protection in the begining and be at peace. But whats your opinion on this new BSI. The cost is coming out to be Rs. 3.18/km.
abs182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 14:09   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: BMW 5 series - ICE, BSI aftercare packages & other post purchase queries

Quote:
new BSI for 3yrs/40,000 kms for Rs. 1,27,528/ has been introduced which is ideal for me
Just check what are exclusions & how does this compare to Ultimate or is this same but with less mileage . I have never calculated costs of these packages per Km perse , in my opinion biggest ownership costs is depreciation , did you thought how much will you lose on 60 Lac in 3 Years / 40000 Km ? and if get in all these calculations we will never buy any thing .
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2014, 16:45   #243
BHPian

I apologise if this question has been asked before - but I am finalising a deal for a 5er and the dealer has quoted the following:

RSA (Road side assistance package) for 4 years - Rs 11,235/-
BMW Secure Premium (1st year) - Rs 47,685/-
BMW RI (This is new terminology for BSI?) - Rs 1,37,038 for 3 yrs 40K Km and Rs 3,47,979 for 5 yrs 60K Km.

My question is are all these worth it? I plan to keep the car for 4 to 5 years, mostly self driven.
car.lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2014, 18:17   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
BMW RI (This is new terminology for BSI?) - Rs 1,37,038 for 3 yrs 40K Km and Rs 3,47,979 for 5 yrs 60K Km.
Yes , kind of - they now offer BSI as a standalone Maintenance Pack or Extended warranty

RI - Extended Warranty
Service Inclusive / Service Inclusive Plus - Maintenance Package

will suggest you to opt for 3 Year RI + Service inclusive plus which you can upgrade to 5 Years depending on your milage at later date , to best of my information Road Side is included for first 2 Years and is also covered under additional warranty if you buy BSI pack .

Last edited by Turbanator : 15th December 2014 at 18:18.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 10:47   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yes , kind of - they now offer BSI as a standalone Maintenance Pack or Extended warranty

RI - Extended Warranty
Service Inclusive / Service Inclusive Plus - Maintenance Package

will suggest you to opt for 3 Year RI + Service inclusive plus which you can upgrade to 5 Years depending on your milage at later date , to best of my information Road Side is included for first 2 Years and is also covered under additional warranty if you buy BSI pack .
RI stands for Repair Inclusive.

Road-side Assistance (RSA) has to be bought separately, it's not available as a bundle with any of the BSI/BRI packages. It's provided as standard on all BMW cars for the 1nd and 2nd year.

However, it is available on certain BMW Secure packs, which is the additional insurance coverage available from BMW.
coloneljasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 11:18   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
RI stands for Repair Inclusive.
Yes but only limited to Warranty Repairs - under New or Extended Warranty

Service Plus & Basic - Two different Packages for regular schedule maintenance

RSA - Standard 2 years with new purchase , thereafter dependent on Insurance

Last edited by Turbanator : 16th December 2014 at 11:37.
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote