Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 31st October 2008, 09:20   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
but the mileage is not going to be the same, even if you dont change the driving style

I just cant understand that one.. An end-can can drop your mileage
16v100bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 09:45   #17
BHPian

OK first thing here is that Iam back to stock again. Yes desigNation, the mileage did dropped slightly but the main reason fr going back to stock is the sound . i got bored of it within a week. Somehow the sound from the muffler was a bit bit loud in low rpm (2000 to 2500) n i got irritated with that . Tested a friends baleno with Remus muffler and iam planning fr it. Remus sounds perfect but its costly... lets see if my budget permits....
spider77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 09:50   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider77 View Post
OK first thing here is that Iam back to stock again. Yes desigNation, the mileage did dropped slightly but the main reason fr going back to stock is the sound . i got bored of it within a week. Somehow the sound from the muffler was a bit bit loud in low rpm (2000 to 2500) n i got irritated with that . Tested a friends baleno with Remus muffler and iam planning fr it. Remus sounds perfect but its costly... lets see if my budget permits....
You can always ask the muffler supplier to build the muffler according to your taste. The sound coming from the muffler can be more subdued by using more glasswool IMO. So I dont think you have to go for a Remus if the cost is prohibitive. Morover you are not going to gain anything by changing just the muffler apart from a sporty sound and a heavier right foot . As a result your FE will drop. If you continue to drive in the same manner as stock there should be no difference in FE unless the muffler used is extremely restrictive.
BlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 10:48   #19
BHPian

16v100bhp,black pearl-its maybe the muffler i bought[which was not a branded one,[like remus or magnaflow or for that matter any of the high end names]it was a unbranded made in taiwan make[atleast thats what the shop owner had told me].
desigNation is offline   Reply With Quote