Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 19th December 2009, 11:35   #61
BHPian

That is fantastic and authentic news. Thanks for the pain you have taken to present it. (I somehow missed it while browsing TOI today - and am sure many others too would have.)

I shall rather shop in a brand shop like this rather than roaming around JC Road.

Its real good news for Bangalore auto enthusiasts. Let us see how their reputation goes as it chugs along.
Ponmayilal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 21:43   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Dropped in at the Basavanagudi outlet of Autozone. Regular accessories shop, may be a 2% discount on MRP of the items.

A Philips H7 HID kit was available at about 4.2 or 4.4k. Usual accessories, lots of Apollo Acclere alloys, Michelin tyres, Autocop, ICE, perfumes etc some seat covers .. and bicycles.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 09:43   #63
BHPian

Can anyone post the driving directions to HSR layout reliance auto zone (when coming from Kormangala side ?
joecherian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 10:43   #64
Team-BHP Support

Another thing I noticed is that in reliace autozone, tire prices are lower than the cheapest local market(eg Karol bagh in Delhi's case). The price is 200-300 lower. Of course you will get only best selling michelins etc., no niche tires, but most of the stuff is available.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 13:06   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Can anyone post the driving directions to HSR layout reliance auto zone (when coming from Kormangala side ?
From koramangala you have to reach outer ring road via Silk board. After reaching outer ring road, drive towards Marthahalli. This shop is on the left hand side, just before the HSR signal (around 2kms from silk borad junction).

Note: The shop has opened only last week, so everything is not in order even the pricelist. Advice you to wait for a week and pay a visit.
LionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 12:32   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Dropped in at the Basavanagudi outlet of Autozone. Regular accessories shop, may be a 2% discount on MRP of the items.

A Philips H7 HID kit was available at about 4.2 or 4.4k. Usual accessories, lots of Apollo Acclere alloys, Michelin tyres, Autocop, ICE, perfumes etc some seat covers .. and bicycles.
where is this is basavana gudi. i tried finding one all around but could not locate
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:09   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
where is this is basavana gudi. i tried finding one all around but could not locate
@recshenoy,
Refer the map attached. The green arrow is "Reliance Autozone". It is in first floor above Reliance Fresh.
Attached Images

rk_sans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 14:18   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Basavanagudi - right above the Reliance fresh outlet on South End Road. Diagonally opposite to Balaji medicals.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 14:29   #69
BHPian

Default website?

do they have a website that lists all locations of their autozone outlets?? i tried a couple of websites but they are either confusing or dont have full info!
SX4LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 14:39   #70
Senior - BHPian

Is it the reliance group auto zone ? Some people are using the popular names for their popularity and business.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 15:23   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Is it the reliance group auto zone ? Some people are using the popular names for their popularity and business.
Yes, It is very much a reliance retail venture (dunno if it is a good thing or a bad thing ) I happened to notice a similar Reliance Autozone centre in Jaipur too.

But, what I made of the 10 minute visit is that these stores are also managed like Reliance Fresh where the salesperson has no knowledge whatsoever about the product. I didn't try mechanics or technicians but sales experience was bad enough!

ICE and Accessories sales market has been largely a trust market where a customer completely trusts shop owner to provide the very best for his vehicle and ignorance on the part of Reliance to have qualified salespersons may harm this business even if technicians and mechanics are trained.

But then that's RELIANCE! same people who completely ruined APPLE service, expect this company to screw up any great idea.
akhilesh51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 01:26   #72
BHPian

It is just a new-born in Bangalore. One has to give them a little time to settle down before making an assessment.

As a consumer one has to keep his eyes and ears open and do a little bit of homework before any high value purchase, rather than relying on the sales executives and personnel. Just my thoughts.
Ponmayilal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 05:37   #73
BHPian

Is there any Reliance Autozone Outlets located in Mumbai??
Safin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:44   #74
BHPian

Hi All .

Planning for ICE for my SWIFT VDi. Just checked out friend's Pioneer 3190 HU with Sony (front and back) +Pioneer (Tray) Speakers and Sony Tweeters, looked nice and sounded nice.

My minumum requirements is CD,USB,iPOD,MP3,FM/AM compatible, should support 4 speakers(min) and no extra Amplifier.

Will try out the Reliance Auto Zone this weekend
Vajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 22:42   #75
Senior - BHPian

Hi Akilesh,

Thank you for the detailed reply for my simple question. If the executives are not having the knowledge of the product how can they sell to Customers.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote