Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 11th November 2009, 12:32   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001bhp View Post
Ya there are exhausts available for diesel swifts.right from the end cans to full exhaust kits.brands like supersprint and HKS are the ones that i know of..well there are more brands.the gurus will be able to help you out in this matter.
I was just wondering how they might sound and can't really get a picture of the sound.Another problem might be the narrow powerband ,Guess the exhaust wont be that loud.
Really hope someone could post a video on this.

Regards
arjun
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 12:49   #242
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Got some HORNs for the HIGHWAY.

3 pipe HORN from stebel with 2 modes.Awesome sounding.
Where did you fit them, and pictures after being mounted?
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 13:00   #243
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
I was just wondering how they might sound and can't really get a picture of the sound.Another problem might be the narrow powerband ,Guess the exhaust wont be that loud.

Regards
arjun
I havent heard them personally but fellow bhpians like rippergeo have changed the exhausts and they say it sound awesome.so they would be able to give you a better opinion.check out this video of ripper's car.in the end you can hear the exhaust note.
1001bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 18:30   #244
BHPian

Quote:

Regards
arjun
Hey Arjun,

It will sound more or less like a truck. But if you go for nice ones like the one on rippergeo's swift, it will sound just like the stock one unless you go for a bigger turbo. That is when more pressure will build up and you will get a sweeter sound. But it wont be as good as petrols.
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 01:30   #245
BHPian

Quote:

Regards
arjun
Arjun, Its not about the power band the diesel never sound like a petrol now matter what you do. You can manage a deep bassy note but on idiling it does not sound sweet

Here is a video for reference the 4th car the RED ACCENT VIVA had a custom CATBACK with just one muffler. So if you can make out the difference between petrol and diesels.

I have heard BOLT ON REMUS, Cannot comment of performance change but there was a negligible sound change, it has the bassy note at idling but that would go away at higher revv's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Where did you fit them, and pictures after being mounted?
I try and post a picture by tommorow. Its placed under the Light inside the bumper if you can figure that out.
noidaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 09:44   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Arjun, Its not about the power band the diesel never sound like a petrol now matter what you do. You can manage a deep bassy note but on idiling it does not sound sweet

Here is a video for reference the 4th car the RED ACCENT VIVA had a custom CATBACK with just one muffler. So if you can make out the difference between petrol and diesels.

I have heard BOLT ON REMUS, Cannot comment of performance change but there was a negligible sound change, it has the bassy note at idling but that would go away at higher revv's.

I try and post a picture by tommorow. Its placed under the Light inside the bumper if you can figure that out.
Anyways can you also tell me about the price for the diesel exhausts.How do diesel exhaust price's stack up with their petrol counterparts?
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2009, 12:08   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Anyways can you also tell me about the price for the diesel exhausts.How do diesel exhaust price's stack up with their petrol counterparts?

I think the BOLT ON REMUS is for 13-14k, Its same for petrol and diesel price and the exhust as well

See if the sound is not important and you just want it for the looks then you can even use a indian/chinese end can as well. No affect on sound or performance you can just have it for looks.
Old 16th November 2009, 15:13   #248
BHPian

Quote:
I think the BOLT ON REMUS is for 13-14k, Its same for petrol and diesel price and the exhust as well

See if the sound is not important and you just want it for the looks then you can even use a indian/chinese end can as well. No affect on sound or performance you can just have it for looks.
Remus Bolt on for petrol swift cost little over 17K now it was priced 14k earlier.

I have not seen a Remus bolt on in swift diesel I have seen plenty of other after market ones diesel swift which does not look good or sound good .

Do they have a Remus bolt on for diesel swift or itís the same which comes for petrol?
degenr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 00:53   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by degenr8 View Post
Remus Bolt on for petrol swift cost little over 17K now it was priced 14k earlier.

I have not seen a Remus bolt on in swift diesel I have seen plenty of other after market ones diesel swift which does not look good or sound good .

Do they have a Remus bolt on for diesel swift or itís the same which comes for petrol?
Ya its the same for both petrol and diesel
Old 19th November 2009, 11:26   #250
BHPian

I just noticed these drawbacks in Swift only a few days back coz i hardly travel as a passenger and I am busy listening to the engine's music concert while driving :

1. First about the placement of rear power window buttons of Swift. The hand-rest is quite short and you really need to reach back for the buttons. It is really a nuisance when there are three seated. Yes, the laternative is to use your hands opposite to the doorpads. But that too is quite wierd. I wonder why could'nt they simply just move the hand-rest tad to the front on the door pads.

2. I am just 173 cm and my knees almost touches the dash. I find that difficult and since this is the average Indian hieght wont this cause uncomfortable long drive.

3. The glove compartment is lower on accomadation when compared to its competitors. I tried keeping my Overdrive magazine and it simply would take its breadth as such.

I am not aware if this posted earlier? I am talking about a 2009 Aug Zxi (ABS). So I dont think the Suzuki is 'listening' much since its launch of Swift.
cogweelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 20:00   #251
BHPian

Default Noise ?

Hey Noidaboy, whats with all the queries about exhausts for Swift DDis ?
Looks like a case of 'all show but no go'.
Just add a Pete's box and DISAPPEAR YAAR..!!
Trust me, ever since I installed one in mine its been a laugh at the traffic lights.
Get on fitted tomorrow.
Quote:
Ya its the same for both petrol and diesel
ketla2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 21:56   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketla2411 View Post
Hey Noidaboy, whats with all the queries about exhausts for Swift DDis ?
Looks like a case of 'all show but no go'.
Just add a Pete's box and DISAPPEAR YAAR..!!
Trust me, ever since I installed one in mine its been a laugh at the traffic lights.
Get on fitted tomorrow.
The car is not just show, I have spent to get basic's right eg Light wheel alloys and good set of rubber as basic's, Headlights to help in visibility. Its kinda show and go..

Anyways the chip is planned, This car is here to stay for long

Im majority confused between RD and PETE's
Old 20th November 2009, 10:06   #253
BHPian

Thumbs up Pete's Tuning Box .

Sorry about that, but no pun intended. Read about all the basics, you most certainly did the sensible thing by upgrading to 15" alloys outfitted with Yokos. About the HID's , its a person to person case, so no comments. But free flow exhausts DEFINATELY is not the right solution for your baby. You'll ruin it. And about that exhaust note, less said the better.
You got all the 'software' right. Now get the Pete's hardware fitted to complete the job.

Last edited by ketla2411 : 20th November 2009 at 10:10.
ketla2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 20:29   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketla2411 View Post
Sorry about that, but no pun intended. Read about all the basics, you most certainly did the sensible thing by upgrading to 15" alloys outfitted with Yokos. About the HID's , its a person to person case, so no comments. But free flow exhausts DEFINATELY is not the right solution for your baby. You'll ruin it. And about that exhaust note, less said the better.
You got all the 'software' right. Now get the Pete's hardware fitted to complete the job.
Totally agree with the above. It is NOT important what "sound" the car makes = but it surely matters what it drives like.

The HID setup is - well you like it. You could get the same or BETTER light with halogens when you need it. BUT then I am old school...

Pete's is definately the reliable most product. Let the contemprories prove otherwise. Just my humble opinion !!!!!!

Last edited by Dippy : 22nd November 2009 at 17:47. Reason: Deleting extra smiley. Please use only two smileys per post
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2009, 10:54   #255
Senior - BHPian

I kinda disagree, HID are not always for the "Show", The kind of setup noidaboy is running with the retro-fit projector and 4300K HIDs, surely gives out great output. I am sure a Halogen setup cannot match the output and visibility of his setup.
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote