Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 30th January 2012, 00:12   #241
BHPian

Default Re: How does your car smell

Well shaldan apple fragrance is also good. Been using it for the past month.
M124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 01:00   #242
BHPian

How does my car smell ?
You get this amazing fragrance at a place called McDonald's. Comes in three sizes small medium and large

No complains so far. Leave it overnight for long lasting fragrance.
SiddVish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 10:15   #243
Senior - BHPian

You have heard about "Happy Feet" and now you get "Happy Smell" as well. Saw this pack in Autoshop and picked up the "Party" variant, nice smell, much better than Shalden.
Attached Thumbnails
How does your car smell-wp_000055.jpg  

motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 12:13   #244
BHPian

I have used Ambi Pur, My Shaldan and Glade. I replaced Ambi Pur with My Shaldan after reading about the possible health hazards @ T-BHP. But I felt that its smell is inadequate at times. If your car has a big cabin, you will have to place 2-3 of them at different places in the car. I found Glade when I was searching for an alternative and I'm very satisfied with it.

Some interesting links:

Glade Products: Ratings and Reviews | "glade" | Product Search | GoodGuide
Glade Car Scented Oil Starter Kit Outdoor Fresh Reviews & Ratings | GoodGuide
Ambi Pur Products: Ratings and Reviews | "ambi pur" | Product Search | GoodGuide

Glade seems to a good option though it's not 100% safe. The company that produces Ambi Pur doesn't even disclose the ingredients! The only doubt I have about Glade is that whether the 'Glade Sport' we get here and the 'Glade Scented Oil' mentioned in the website are the same. They do look similar.
fast&furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 16:47   #245
BHPian

Is My Shaldan available in chennai anymore? Most of the car accessory shops say they don't get stock nowadays. Instead I bought 'Aveon' Jute fibre air freshner. Smells really good and strong. Cost me 250 bucks. The dealer told me it will come for 60 days.
Optimus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 01:25   #246
BHPian

I got tired of myShaldan. It wasn't working the way I wanted it too.
First few days were awesome but after that I just couldn't smell it anymore.

Shifted to Spraying a perfume (Hugo by Hugo Boss) on the A/C vents. Seems to be going alright, but still looking for a pain-free solution for this.
mjumrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 09:02   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&furious
I have used Ambi Pur, My Shaldan and Glade. I replaced Ambi Pur with My Shaldan after reading about the possible health hazards @ T-BHP. But I felt that its smell is inadequate at times. If your car has a big cabin, you will have to place 2-3 of them at different places in the car. I found Glade when I was searching for an alternative and I'm very satisfied with it.

Some interesting links:

Glade Products: Ratings and Reviews | "glade" | Product Search | GoodGuide
Ambi Pur Products: Ratings and Reviews | "ambi pur" | Product Search | GoodGuide

Glade seems to a good option though it's not 100% safe. The company that produces Ambi Pur doesn't even disclose the ingredients! The only doubt I have about Glade is that whether the 'Glade Sport' we get here and the 'Glade Scented Oil' mentioned in the website are the same. They do look similar.
What are the health hazards in using ambi pur? Can you post the links, if any?

I'm using one in my car. Need to shift brands, if that's the case.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 09:28   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
You have heard about "Happy Feet" and now you get "Happy Smell" as well. Saw this pack in Autoshop and picked up the "Party" variant, nice smell, much better than Shalden.
I use the same one as well- Happy Smell Party variant. its pretty good, and a welcome change from the usual citrus fragrances that you get. Its also not very strong, just enough the keep the cabin smelling nice.
arindambasu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 13:10   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
I got tired of myShaldan. It wasn't working the way I wanted it too.
First few days were awesome but after that I just couldn't smell it anymore.

Shifted to Spraying a perfume (Hugo by Hugo Boss) on the A/C vents. Seems to be going alright, but still looking for a pain-free solution for this.
I guess you can say that for every air freshner. The first few days you will feel it more as the smell is new to you, as the days go by, you get used to it and will feel like its the smell of the car and not the perfume itself.

Try this, if you feel your perfume is not smelling good anymore, remove it and drive without any perfume for a couple of days and then re-install the perfume you will see the difference.
Old 14th April 2012, 10:40   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
What are the health hazards in using ambi pur? Can you post the links, if any?

I'm using one in my car. Need to shift brands, if that's the case.
Here's the link : (Is Ambipur in-car perfume harmful?)
I read a few posts in that thread and that's when I really started to think about it. Have you ever parked the car under the sun with ambi pur in it? It will be impossible to get into it. The odour is suffocating. Never had such issues with My Shaldan. And I was stunned by the results at goodlife. It's a world wide brand and they don't disclose the contents?!
Just look at their website
HomePage
Got a link after searching for procter and gamble, the current owner.
Ambi Pur

Glade seems to be much more transparent as a company.
Glade® Home Page

So I don't see any reasons to continue using Ambi Pur. Glade may not be the safest but I guess it's better. Yet to see what happens to it under the heat of the sun.
Old 14th April 2012, 13:25   #251
BHPian

Why is everyone preferring air con based perfumes? Isn't gel based or Jute fibre based perfumes more durable and safe? Only downside is they are a bit costly.

Again, can anyone tell me where I can get MyShaldan in chennai?
Old 14th April 2012, 23:56   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus7 View Post
Why is everyone preferring air con based perfumes? Isn't gel based or Jute fibre based perfumes more durable and safe? Only downside is they are a bit costly.
Simply because of the increased effect. If gel based solid perfume is like a tablet, then the liquid air-con one is like an injection. It's fast and the smell spreads to all corners of the cabin. With the gel based solid ones, the smell doesn't spread quickly or evenly. You will need more than one to get the desired effect. They are safe but by the time the tin is half empty, you will notice that it's not as effective as it was. And to many people, air-con model feels more sophisticated.

Btw, there's a nice trick to use the little tree air freshener. After tying it to the rear view mirror just adjust one of the middle air con vents to blow the air in its direction. It's a really effective method and I have tried it. It's even more effective than the ones fixed on ac vents.

Last edited by fast&furious : 15th April 2012 at 00:11.
Old 15th April 2012, 00:36   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus7 View Post

Again, can anyone tell me where I can get MyShaldan in chennai?
It is available in Jawahar automobiles, GP road. Or even in Privilege moto mall, mount road for that matter.
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 12:42   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Its been more than 4 months since I have refilled my empty Ambipur bottle, on the blower. (Due to varyingly strange reasons)

However, lately, I've been noticing a real nice smell inside my car. Even after a long trip, the car doesn't smell suffocating, or stiff. Its pleasant!

Strange!
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 21:10   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&furious View Post
Simply because of the increased effect. If gel based solid perfume is like a tablet, then the liquid air-con one is like an injection. It's fast and the smell spreads to all corners of the cabin. With the gel based solid ones, the smell doesn't spread quickly or evenly. You will need more than one to get the desired effect. They are safe but by the time the tin is half empty, you will notice that it's not as effective as it was. And to many people, air-con model feels more sophisticated.

Btw, there's a nice trick to use the little tree air freshener. After tying it to the rear view mirror just adjust one of the middle air con vents to blow the air in its direction. It's a really effective method and I have tried it. It's even more effective than the ones fixed on ac vents.
Yep, you are right. The liquid air con provides instant effect, but with usage the smell gets a bit suffocating, also if the air con is directed towards you, the smell tends to stay in your shirt.

I have never used gel based perfumes, so can't comment about its effect. But the jute based ones are really good. I had mine under the drivers seat, and it provided very good effect all around the car for month than 2 months. Now I have it in my boot and I can still feel the smell whenever I open it.

I will strongly suggest jute fibre based perfumes.