Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 3rd October 2013, 20:54   #451
BHPian

Default Re: How does your car smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
This is worth a try -- http://www.ebay.com/itm/400433468385...ht_2638wt_1142

This does not give any "scent" per se. But it does its job as advertised. My car smells fresh without smelling anything like Nicotine, Orange, Lime, grape etc.
The same ionizer comes at 2 different prices. One costs 299+51 shipping and another store sells at 655+55.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/New-Mini-Car-...item3cd49a37bf

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Car-Auto-Air-...item417786d735

In both the cases the specs remain the same.

How much did you pay for this?
iVento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 21:18   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post

Thanks for the link Shubz, I have ordered a couple of them.

How long have you been using this?
I bought one a couple of months ago. It worked pretty well. As I said earlier, it won't give you any perfume. But will neutralize the odor inside.
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 21:27   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashm99 View Post
Finally My Shaldan has launched the jute-type organic air freshener. It has been very popular internationally but I wonder what took them so long to launch it in India. Bought it at Snapdeal (1 each of Lime and Jasmine).

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/my-s...05940?pos=6;36

Personally I loved the Jasmine fragrance ! Its awesome and found it way better than Areon Black Ice. The intensity is strong yet keeps the ambience pleasant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
The jute based ones are very mild. Areon used to have some hang on types - those smelt excellent though they would last hardly 15 days. But fragrance was excellent - not fruity like shaldan etc. Can't find them now.
Hey ashm99,going by your recommendation i have ordered for the shaldan jasmine ,hope you got it right.Will post my opinion after i have used it.
vindrider2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 21:40   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVento View Post
The same ionizer comes at 2 different prices. One costs 299+51 shipping and another store sells at 655+55.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/New-Mini-Car-...item3cd49a37bf

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Car-Auto-Air-...item417786d735

In both the cases the specs remain the same.

How much did you pay for this?
The first link costs 299 + 51 for shipping. It is available in Blue only and seller has 97.2% feedback.

Second link, it costs 649 + free shipping and 3 color options available. Seller has 100% feedback. We bought from this guy.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2013, 07:59   #455
BHPian

Quote:
The first link costs 299 + 51 for shipping. It is available in Blue only and seller has 97.2% feedback.

Second link, it costs 649 + free shipping and 3 color options available. Seller has 100% feedback. We bought from this guy.
One doubt, what difference does the color make?
Is there any difference between Blue & Red color ionizer?
iVento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2013, 12:34   #456
BHPian

Quote:

Isn't high bucks spending here?! Smelling / perfuming job can be cost effective by many other means discussed in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...me-refill.html

And spend bucks to buy lime, graps, orange, apple..
Dhams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2013, 13:20   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Would you choose your car colors or take up any color randomly from the yard?

It's common sense that color doesn't make any functional difference. It's my personal choice, I have ordered them in black. Blue and Red seem cheap.

@dhams: Did you try looking at what we are discussing? It's not the average perfume or deodorant, it's an ionizer. Watch few videos on YouTube to know how they work. And it is a long term investment. They do not need refills. As long as unit is functioning it will purify the air.

Last edited by DRIV3R : 4th October 2013 at 13:47.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2013, 13:40   #458
Senior - BHPian

I am fed up with spending on perfumes! My last few packs were gels. Now I am wondering why not just keep an odonil inside the glove box!

Last edited by Gansan : 4th October 2013 at 13:53.
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2013, 16:35   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I am fed up with spending on perfumes! My last few packs were gels. Now I am wondering why not just keep an odonil inside the glove box!
Yes you can use. But also note, how would your car smell; like getting into a cleaned toilet
dre@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2013, 16:57   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You get air freshening sprays from Odonil as well. SAMPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Yes you can use. But also note, how would your car smell; like getting into a cleaned toilet
Haha.. dre@ms - not all products of Odonil are toilet fresheners!

Quote:
There is no difference between the colors. Just cosmetic. I had bought the 649 one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrider2626 View Post
Hey ashm99,going by your recommendation i have ordered for the shaldan jasmine ,hope you got it right.Will post my opinion after i have used it.

My Shaldan doesn't seem to have their "Original" effect anymore or may be my nasal sensory glands are now immune to it. Earlier (I used to use Orange) I used to get a distinct Citrus tinge when I get into the car. Nowadays - None!

Last edited by Shubz : 4th October 2013 at 17:02.
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2013, 03:26   #461
BHPian

Quote:
I first started with ambipur, but the smell was too strong and costly too. Then i switched to shaldan, though not cheap there are quite a few flavours which I felt mild and fresh.
Few months back while scouting for car freshner for my new duster I found Glade gel air freshner for Rs. 65. Surprised and purchased 2 lemon flavour. It is equivalent to shaldan but damn cheaper. I generally don't open the cover completely but keep it half open. It easily lasted for more than a month. Once it got over I went to purchase but no stock available for months. Yesterday I found the same in both big bazaar and mk retail in Bangalore. Took the last available 3 rose flavour from big bazaar and 2 lemon flavour from mk retail.

I would strongly recommend ppl to try this out. It's damn cheap.
kiranvakati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2013, 11:21   #462
BHPian

This is what i was referring to in my previous post.
How does your car smell-glade_gel_freshner.jpg
P.S: Mods sorry for back to back comments, i didnt have the picture yesterday when i posted my first comment. Please delete if not acceptable.
Old 6th October 2013, 12:51   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranvakati View Post

I first started with ambipur, but the smell was too strong and costly too. Then i switched to shaldan, though not cheap there are quite a few flavours which I felt mild and fresh.
Few months back while scouting for car freshner for my new duster I found Glade gel air freshner for Rs. 65. Surprised and purchased 2 lemon flavour. It is equivalent to shaldan but damn cheaper. I generally don't open the cover completely but keep it half open. It easily lasted for more than a month. Once it got over I went to purchase but no stock available for months. Yesterday I found the same in both big bazaar and mk retail in Bangalore. Took the last available 3 rose flavour from big bazaar and 2 lemon flavour from mk retail.

I would strongly recommend ppl to try this out. It's damn cheap.
I used Ambipur for 8+ years till I read an article that car perfumes are likely to be carcinogenic. I know that we are exposed to several other harmful elements during our normal day, but why stick with something that is purely discretionary? Subsequently, toyed with the idea of fresh flowers, but didn't quite get down to using them.
Agarwaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2013, 13:01   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarwaka View Post
I used Ambipur for 8+ years till I read an article that car perfumes are likely to be carcinogenic. I know that we are exposed to several other harmful elements during our normal day, but why stick with something that is purely discretionary? Subsequently, toyed with the idea of fresh flowers, but didn't quite get down to using them.
Even i want to go the DIY way. But my laziness is stopping me from venturing DIY way. Glade being an international brand, i assume it is better than shaldan and i found the scent to be mild which suits my preference. For now im sticking to glade and will prepare my own car freshener(have quite a few options and definitely herbal and not chemical based) soon.
Old 7th October 2013, 09:20   #465
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 13th November 2013 at 11:26.
Dhams is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction