Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 7th October 2013, 11:34   #466
Senior - BHPian

Camphor is an ionizer? I do not think so. Any links to validate your claim?

And camphor does come with an odour, I do not want people getting into my car to get a feeling of entering elsewhere. And then camphor is highly flammable, not at all advisable to be used inside an unattended car.

Last edited by GTO : 13th November 2013 at 11:26. Reason: Quoted post deleted
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2013, 13:45   #467
Senior - BHPian

A quick review about the ionizer.

To be honest, I feel it was overpriced for the finish and Made in China tag.

Coming to it's functionality, it does it's job and how. Did a 200km trip and I could not smell any odour inside the car. Be it the pleasant My Shaldan or the unpleasant foul smells from the exterior, I crossed couple of sugar factories so you should know. Highly recommended product for pure air.

Forget keeping any perfumes in the car if you are going to use this.
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2013, 14:16   #468
BHPian

Default Re: How does your car smell

may be am OT;;
usually I notice people leaving the AC vent in closed position when parking for long hrs (usual night parking / parking in hot sun). I usually prefer to leave the AC vent in open position and therby ensure fresh air moves into the car when parked and close the vent when I start the car(else the vent may get clogged due to suction ). I also use a My Shaldan/ Glade - Lime only and have never encountered odor issues.

Most impt - please ensure that the footwear and foot mat are free of any grime or odorous materials.

Cheers
Prasad
Dieseldunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 13:34   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer8 View Post
Hi shubz - I've Just placed the order in E-bay, hope it works Will appraise on the findings post usage.
Hi shubz- started using this from last couple of days. It is working well but once the air-vent is opened for fresh air intake, the effect seems reduced. Over a period of time not able to feel the freshness. As advised, keeping the AC on while using the ionizer.
Redeemer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2013, 22:39   #470
Distinguished - BHPian

Bought a set of 2 car perfumes (Aeron Dream and Aeron Ken Black Crystal) from eBay.

I purchased the items from here. I had ordered on Oct 15th at around 11pm and today i received the items.

The seller had not mentioned any timelines for delivery so i was expecting it to take a week or more to arrive.

Pleasantly surprised with the quick delivery time (less than 48 hrs).

The Black Crystal is for a colleague while the Dream is for my car. Will get to know how it smells tomorrow. Will update the observations in a couple of days.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 12:33   #471
BHPian

I have the My Shaldan orange gel type air freshener. I have kept the box in the cup holder near the gear lever of my Amaze. Surprisingly, I only smell it when I keep the windows open. As soon as I close the windows and switch on the AC, the smell completely subsides. Weird huh? Since I have kept the box in the lower portion of the cabin, I even tried redirecting the blower to the air vents near the legs, but no luck.
amazer2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 22:14   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVento View Post
The same ionizer comes at 2 different prices. One costs 299+51 shipping and another store sells at 655+55.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/New-Mini-Car-...item3cd49a37bf

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Car-Auto-Air-...item417786d735

In both the cases the specs remain the same.

How much did you pay for this?
I saw this quote, bought it from the 100% feedback guy, got it delivered last saturday. Used it from Monday onwards and today, there's no light but the body is getting a bit heated - not sure if it's working or not!
d_himan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 23:40   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post

I saw this quote, bought it from the 100% feedback guy, got it delivered last saturday. Used it from Monday onwards and today, there's no light but the body is getting a bit heated - not sure if it's working or not!
A blue LED should glow. The device as such is easily dismantable.

Another way to test it's functionality is by putting some incense sticks inside the car and then turn this on and see the smoke settling down.

Why not write to the seller? It is said that the LED would glow.
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2013, 00:38   #474
BHPian

This might sound weird bit I've been using the odonil bathroom freshner in my Figo since the last few months and it works great! The car smells fresh always plus it lasts for a long time!
nishantbhatia84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2013, 03:57   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
This might sound weird bit I've been using the odonil bathroom freshner in my Figo since the last few months and it works great! The car smells fresh always plus it lasts for a long time!
Not as weird, but something similar, I started using a soap (bought from Lush) in my Punto since past two weeks. It has kept me happy. The car smells fresh and the odour doesn't get too strong at any time. I just need to find a container now (something that looks neat) to keep it.
vibbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2013, 09:11   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Not as weird, but something similar, I started using a soap (bought from Lush) in my Punto since past two weeks. It has kept me happy. The car smells fresh and the odour doesn't get too strong at any time. I just need to find a container now (something that looks neat) to keep it.
Microwave the soap or wrap it int plastic packets and put into hot water - it will become soft. You can then mould it into any container of your choice.
archat68 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2013, 10:55   #477
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

any idea guys which is the best car perfume which is credited by users across the world. atleast the brand ? (i understand its user specific but any real proven ones that is out of the world kind of experience)
pratap.pratu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2013, 12:00   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratap.pratu View Post
any idea guys which is the best car perfume which is credited by users across the world. atleast the brand ? (i understand its user specific but any real proven ones that is out of the world kind of experience)
There is nothing like the best, it should be based on your preferences. Some prefer strong smells, and the others like them mild. Some prefer artificial flavors while others may prefer natural ones. You should arrive at a conclusion after some trial and errors.
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2013, 21:45   #479
Team-BHP Support

The Ambi Pur mini vent clip exhausted after nearly 2 months of usage. That was really quick considering the tab on that thing was set to a minimum and the AC vent on the passenger side wasn't opened completely. The fragrance was okay but this one felt to be a rip-off at Rs. 200!

I am making a switch to My Shaldan for a change and bought the Squash gel variant from eBay. Let us see how that fares and lasts. I am guessing another 2 months before the gel vaporises itself. Shall post a feedback once I receive it.

Without anything inside, the car now has that stock factory odour.
Gannu_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2013, 14:45   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post

A blue LED should glow. The device as such is easily dismantable.

Another way to test it's functionality is by putting some incense sticks inside the car and then turn this on and see the smoke settling down.

Why not write to the seller? It is said that the LED would glow.
Thanks for the agarbatti idea, will try. The seller sent a replacement incidentally. Was pleasantly surprised
d_himan is online now   Reply With Quote