Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 2nd December 2013, 13:20   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: How does your car smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Bought a set of 2 car perfumes (Aeron Dream and Aeron Ken Black Crystal) from eBay.

The Black Crystal is for a colleague while the Dream is for my car. Will get to know how it smells tomorrow. Will update the observations in a couple of days.
So here are is my feedback.

The Aeron Dream smells like green apples. It has a sort of fruity fragrance which is mild but noticeable inside the car.

I prefer the Aeron Wish any day over this one as the Wish smells like Cool Blue Aftershave with a fresh zing. So Aeron Wish it is next time.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 23:26   #482
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I am making a switch to My Shaldan for a change and bought the Squash gel variant from eBay.
Update:

Got the air freshener today. It looks authentic from the packaging and the gel content inside the tin can. The Squash gel odour smells pretty good, more like fresh lime but a fruity variant of it.

Some snaps:

Name:  WP_20131204_17_41_44_Pro.jpg
Views: 3529
Size:  91.4 KB

Name:  WP_20131204_17_41_52_Pro.jpg
Views: 3551
Size:  95.9 KB

Name:  WP_20131204_17_40_09_Pro.jpg
Views: 3520
Size:  90.8 KB

Name:  WP_20131204_17_40_50_Pro.jpg
Views: 3517
Size:  89.3 KB

Name:  WP_20131204_17_40_27_Pro.jpg
Views: 3560
Size:  98.9 KB

One of those rare things that is Made in Japan, is affordable, readily available and not something that is related to electronics!
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2014, 13:57   #483
BHPian

Sorry to revive an old thread, but just came across this one. I used to try all sorts of air fresheners - Ambi Pure and a lot of other imported one's I picked up in supermarkets. But then I came across Godrej aer click - Musk (After Smoke).

Surprisingly it smells really great and fresh, even though I don't smoke in my car . A lot of friends too were impressed and bought it for their car. Worth a try.
Mahesh Prasad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 02:35   #484
BHPian

I bought a combo offer from tradus.com
[FONT=&quot]Combo Of Areon Gel Wish and Areon Ken Lemon Air Freshener[/FONT]
I bought it on December 19th and to my surpise the Areon Gel Wish is still half left. It has really lasted a pretty long time.
The fragrance is quite strong and to my liking. My friends smoke in the car sometimes and this fragrance makes sure that the car does not smell.
Maybe anyone want to try it out. I will surely be ordering other fragrances from areon once my current batch runs out.
mani_jeenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 19:32   #485
BHPian

I seem to have a problem,I do not get the smell of any perfume that i keep in my car(Duster).I have tried different varieties including the ones on ac vents.
Does anyone have any idea.
Not a problem with my smell sense since others too have said the same.
werfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2014, 14:58   #486
BHPian

I recently came across a Gel air fresher from Odonil - yes the same brand that makes 'air freshers' for bathrooms. The Gel variety is very similar to the more expensive Gel car freshers available in the market. I tried the Citrus fragrance and loved it. The best part about it is that the lid is designed in such a way that you can screw/ unscrew it to reduce/ increase the opening and thus limit the fragrance. Works like a charm in the car...
torque!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2014, 10:22   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque!! View Post
I recently came across a Gel air fresher from Odonil - yes the same brand that makes 'air freshers' for bathrooms. The Gel variety is very similar to the more expensive Gel car freshers available in the market. I tried the Citrus fragrance and loved it.
Assuming that you are using this for sometime now, will the smell fizzle out after using for some days or does it stay as it was on day 1?
DriveToLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2014, 20:21   #488

how is areon ken new car fragrance, is it worth a try?
or any other alternative to it i like fresh fragrance in car any inputs ?
sonil.luthra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2014, 15:36   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Update:

Got the air freshener today. It looks authentic from the packaging and the gel content inside the tin can. The Squash gel odour smells pretty good, more like fresh lime but a fruity variant of it.

One of those rare things that is Made in Japan, is affordable, readily available and not something that is related to electronics!
Hi Gannu_1,

Could you please post some more details? How many days it lasted? Where have you fixed it in car? Is there any adjustment to reduce/increase the fragrance?

I am planning to buy My Shaldan from eBay as want to try out something different than Ambi-pur.
mp417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2014, 16:02   #490
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post
Hi Gannu_1,

Could you please post some more details? How many days it lasted? Where have you fixed it in car? Is there any adjustment to reduce/increase the fragrance?

I am planning to buy My Shaldan from eBay as want to try out something different than Ambi-pur.
Easily lasted me for close to 5 months and there was still some content left in the can when I disposed it off. The car had a nice citrus fragrance but I got bored of it eventually. There is a spring mechanism inside the can that pushes the contents upward as it gets consumed.

I had kept it in the round cubby hole ahead of the gear lever. To stop the can from rattling, I used some Scotch Brite pad:

Name:  scotchbriteheavydutyscourerpads_4ce3d71e7c154.jpg
Views: 2381
Size:  18.9 KB Name:  105 MD_E.jpg
Views: 2377
Size:  35.4 KB

Cut it to the shape of the can's bottom and kept it in the cubby hole.

Opted for another freshener this time - Dr. Marcus - Senso Deluxe and I concur with whatever he has to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashm99 View Post
Bought Dr Marcus Senso Deluxe Ocean Gel Car Perfume from HyperCity..Smells awesome !!! Just like Davidoff Cool Water !!
I have a bottle of Cool Water and can confirm that the fragrance is similar.
Gannu_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2014, 10:45   #491
BHPian

I use the Glade gel freshener is the car. It gives a very fresh smell every time I enter the car. It is also relieves me of the worry of liquid freshner spoiling my interiors. It is also Value for money at ~ Rs. 50 approx.
Name:  gladegel.png
Views: 2511
Size:  90.6 KB
PapaBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2014, 10:50   #492
Senior - BHPian

I picked up these godrej musk soaked cardboard ones from an HP pump, 10 bucks a pop.
They were doing a pretty good job, till I left my car in the sun for about 10 hours.

I sneezed all the way back home.
Have you ever broken a bottle of perfume in your room, how it smells to high heaven for months?
Just like that, only instead of the bottle, it seemed like a barrel , and instead of the room, it seemed like my sinuses!
mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2014, 17:28   #493
BHPian

Just a small tip..

I keep few pieces of camphor , you get two types, one flat slab type & tablet type small ones. Flat ones are good for keeping inside the car.

Just make 3 small pieces & put it under front seat, middle row & boot space in the night while parking & when all the windows are closed. You would get fresh fragrance in the morning & you would have this fragrance through out the week.

Most people like it as it has natural fragrance (my experience...)

Regards
Ananth
Ananth_shukti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2014, 17:41   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
I use the Glade gel freshener is the car. It gives a very fresh smell every time I enter the car. It is also relieves me of the worry of liquid freshner spoiling my interiors. It is also Value for money at ~ Rs. 50 approx.
Attachment 1247192
Is this available online? Can you post a link if possible?
dass is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2014, 10:20   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Is this available online? Can you post a link if possible?
Hi dass,

I do not buy it online. I tried to Google it but couldn't find any online store selling these. These are readily available at Spencer's modern format stores.

Regards
PapaBravo is offline   Reply With Quote