Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 22nd July 2014, 11:38   #511
BHPian

Default Re: How does your car smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_naresh View Post
I've been trying to obtain My Shaldan gel recently without success. Here in Baner, Pune, they appear to be stocking just the Areon wish gel. Any pointers where I can get it in the vicinity of Baner, Pune or in Mulund, Mumbai?
I have seen Carax, Baner stocking My Shaldan.
Why not purchase online where it is readily available? Snapdeal, Flipkart are reliable and they do home delivery in couple of days.
mp417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2014, 21:33   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvindyoga View Post
I purchased this Dr.Marcus Senso Deluxe Ocean fragrance. The bottle looks really good and in my experience, the fragrance lasts about 2 months. Got this online. The fragrance isn't too strong though. You won't be hit with a blast of fragrance as soon as you open the door, but once seated, it's a soothing and calming scent.

Regards,
ArvindYoga
Where do you buy this? I found that Flipkart has it at 395 + 40 for shipping and eBay has it at 395+ 50 for shipping. Both for 80gm pack.

However, Snapdeal has it 340 with free shipping for 50ml pack. (vs grams listed in other two websites)
flyingkolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2014, 10:55   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
Where do you buy this? I found that Flipkart has it at 395 + 40 for shipping and eBay has it at 395+ 50 for shipping. Both for 80gm pack.

However, Snapdeal has it 340 with free shipping for 50ml pack. (vs grams listed in other two websites)
This is the one I picked up. This seller on ebay is very reputed and I've purchased many products from him.
eBay - Dr Marcus Senso

There is an option on snapdeal to check if the product can be delivered to pin code location. The seller on snapdeal for this product, "Genuine Car Accessories", does not ship liquid/gel products to hyderabad. So even though the price is lower, I could not purchase from snapdeal as the seller would not ship it.

Hope this helps,
ArvindYoga
Arvindyoga is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2014, 11:19   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvindyoga View Post
This is the one I picked up. This seller on ebay is very reputed and I've purchased many products from him.
eBay - Dr Marcus Senso

There is an option on snapdeal to check if the product can be delivered to pin code location. The seller on snapdeal for this product, "Genuine Car Accessories", does not ship liquid/gel products to hyderabad. So even though the price is lower, I could not purchase from snapdeal as the seller would not ship it.

Hope this helps,
ArvindYoga
Thanks. Its the same seller I was refering to in ebay. I guess he's the one selling on Flipkart too (CarStudio).

I was little confused because ebay and Flipkart listed it as 80grams where as the Snapdeal person had it as 50ml.

And you're right. The one on Snapdeal cannot be delivered to Bangalore either!

Last edited by flyingkolors : 23rd July 2014 at 11:22.
flyingkolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2014, 14:16   #515
Senior - BHPian

I'm a big fan of Little Trees! Each one of the trees lasts me about 3-4 months. I spray the interiors with Meguiar's Odour Eliminator once in two weeks.

Everytime someone gets in my car, the first thing they say is how good my car smells and ask me what I use brings a big grin on my face
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 15:12   #516
Senior - BHPian

My Shaldan perfume in my City is finished. I want to try something else. Kindly suggest?
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2014, 08:40   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
My Shaldan perfume in my City is finished. I want to try something else. Kindly suggest?
Have you tried Areon Ken Black Crystal? The fragrance is quite subtle and in my case it lasted for more than two months. I'm currently using Areon Wish (gel based) but the effectiveness is not as good as Black Crystal (jute based).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
I'm a big fan of Little Trees! Each one of the trees lasts me about 3-4 months.
Planning to try Little Trees next. According to Amazon.com reviews, Black Ice, Blackberry Clove, Vanilla, Black Forest etc. seems to be decent. Which all flavours did you try and found effective? And you purchase them online?
RiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2014, 17:19   #518
BHPian

I use Goodrej Aer Click (lush green fragrance) in my car. The lemony smell smells really nice and fresh every time I get in !
Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2014, 08:25   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Planning to try Little Trees next. According to Amazon.com reviews, Black Ice, Blackberry Clove, Vanilla, Black Forest etc. seems to be decent. Which all flavours did you try and found effective? And you purchase them online?
I was using Tropical Shores before and now Black Ice and both are good. I got about ~10 of them, all different varieties and going through one of them at a time.

Just make sure that you don't rip apart the grey plastic; read the instructions carefully and follow the instructions printed on the same. It will last a long time!
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2014, 12:54   #520

I used Godrej Aer Gel in Dzire. Didn't find it tempting as it had a very light smell. Won't recommend it personally.
Those ambi-pur's and godrej's air vent one's are headache provoking deodorizers.

Looking forward to Myshaldan/Areon/LittleTrees! Little help on which fragrance to choose would be a help! Thanks.
Sandm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2014, 13:44   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashm99 View Post
Its a lovely, soothing & rich fragrance..I also liked the 'Green Apple' fragrance of the same product. Its tangy and different !
I used Senso black and liked it very much. But this time I bought the Orange/Lemon flavor and not liking it much. Wife says it gives a rubbery smell and liked My Shaldan Lemon better.
prashkul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2014, 18:57   #522
BHPian

I have been using My Shaldan and Areon for a long time. Must say both are very good but Areon lasts longer.

Have used Godrej but dint like it also Ambi pur i have stopped using as once i accidently spilled a whole bottle in my car which lead to a strong smell for a couple of days.
sheldon4888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 14:36   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Just make sure that you don't rip apart the grey plastic; read the instructions carefully and follow the instructions printed on the same. It will last a long time!
Got my pack of 3 Little Trees (Black Ice) delivered yesterday. Followed the instructions and took out only a part of the tree and hung it on my IRVM yesterday night. Today morning when stepping into the car, I was like "damn man, that smell's so cool". I must say that the aroma is quite subtle and considering the price (~Rs.70-/piece) it's terrific VFM. Can't comment on the longevity of the same, but the sweet little thing has managed to make that good first impression.
RiGOD is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2014, 20:38   #524
Senior - BHPian

Guys, i bought a beautiful 2012 pre-owned Fortuner from a person who was apparently very fond ofhis car and ...... Attar (really really strong perfume).

The car smells like a perfume shop from his hideous choice in fragrances and the fact that the carpet and headliner have seemed to absorb the strange and horrible strong bouquet of horrid smelling and strong flowery nonsense.

I tried the vinegar test and also drove with coal in various parts of the car for a while to absorb the stench but its still around. Last i drove to Lonavala in this and had to travel all the way with the windows rolled down for fear of having an asthma attack being strongly allergic to overpowering smell. The wife, children and now even my dog refuses to sit in it.

Please tell me of a foolproof way of getting this smell neutered 100%.
I was thinking of a steam clean job but will it help? Im really desperate!!
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2014, 22:22   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I was thinking of a steam clean job but will it help?
Did you try getting the carpets/mats cleaned with normal detergent e.g Tide/Surf ? I have found that to be very effective in getting rid of odors. But this requires a considerable amount of elbow grease.

Make a mix of the detergent and water in the usual way.
Then apply a clean rag soaked and wrung in this solution onto a patch of the carpet.
Immediately follow this up by vigorously brushing the area with a carpet cleaning brush.
Next use a second rag soaked and wrung in plain water to mop up the soapy residue from the area.
Finally wipe the area dry with a heavy towel or absorbent kitchen towel/wipes.
Move on to the next area.

Two tips:
1) I test the detergent solution (especially with new brands/products) on a small inconspicuous area before attempting this on the whole car.
2) I show the ropes to a daily wage earning majdoor and ask him to do the heavy lifting on the ^^^, . It's easily a full day 8 hours of job for 2 cars. Cheaper by far than employing a professional detailer who would probably end up charging 2K for 2 cars
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote