Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 19th December 2015, 21:33   #556
BHPian

Default Re: How does your car smell

I used to put 'Gajra' in the car and then keep the dried petals in 2-3 small perforrated plastic bags. I love the smell of fresh flowers.

This time, I am trying my luck with those odonil style toilet fresher. I have wrapped a small 1"x1" piece in multiple layers or paper to control the vaporization. I had it under the driver seat for a few days, but then moved it to the trunk (hatch)

2 weeks and I have not had any problem.

If this works for a month, then this is the most cost effective solution.

If you are allergic to odonil/napthelene balls then stay away.

Last edited by freedom : 19th December 2015 at 21:37.
freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2015, 22:11   #557
Team-BHP Support

Speaking of odonil, a friend had put one on the cubby hole below the start/stop switch on his brand new Ciaz and had his car parked under the sun. The odonil melted in the cubby hole and made a complete mess there! Luckily, it didn't eat into the plastics and he was able to remove most of it on the same day evening. So please be cautious.
Gannu_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2015, 22:26   #558
BHPian

Guys you can try this for your car http://www.mywhiteleaf.com/

Its a wooden box with activated charcoal in it. Stick it to anywhere in the car and forget about any smell for the next 6 months. Smokers are going to love this. But it doesn't produce any smell of its own, just absorbs it. Product is very natural and you don't need to inhale any vaporized fragrances. Wooden box doesn't look cheap either. It has premium feel to it.
Metallicar is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2015, 12:26   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishnipon View Post
I am quite pleased with My shaldan but thinking of changing to something else. How does the Areon Ken black crystal exactly smell?
I've been using it for more than a week. The fragrance is pleasant and mild, in fact better than Areon wish which I've used earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Man, honestly I don't recall right now. I've switched to Areon Ken Vanilla sometime back (PayTM had an offer going on at that time and it was cheaper by 40% off the MRP) and I've dumped it in the glovebox since it was emanating too much of fragrance!
How is the fragrance Gannu ? I thought of buying Areon Ken Vanilla but opted for black crystal in the last moment. Will go for it during my next purchase based on your feedback.
Pferdestarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2015, 21:13   #560
BHPian

I am currently using Fire & Ice by Revlon. It's just awesome. One spray lasts me a week as I seldom roll down my car glass.

Honestly it's my wife's spray that was 3 years old and she didn't want to use because of expiry dates etc. She was about to throw it and I figured out it can be used in the cars.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2015, 07:33   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
uckily, it didn't eat into the plastics and he was able to remove most of it on the same day evening. So please be cautious.
Yikes.. But that's expected the thing is supposed to evaporate/melt.

and that's the reason that I have it wrapped in paper and placed in an area which never gets direct sun light. Below the seats or in the hatch
freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2015, 07:54   #562
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
Very nice! Have you tried it? It looks like they have 9 different products. Is the difference only the shape and type of the wooden boxes? I like what I see there and would like to try it.

And this is so cool!

From the site:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mywhiteleaf.com
After a 180 days you can cut open the Whiteleaf box and dump the activated carbon into your yard or plant pot. It will serve as a rich and natural fertilizer and insecticide for your lawn, garden, or flowers.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2015, 08:06   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Very nice! Have you tried it? It looks like they have 9 different products. Is the difference only the shape and type of the wooden boxes? I like what I see there and would like to try it.

And this is so cool!

From the site:
They are just different shapes and sizes with the same material. I have used 2 from their website. They actually work. No smell for the past few months. They are supposed to work for 6 months.
Metallicar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2015, 08:26   #564
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
How is the fragrance Gannu ? I thought of buying Areon Ken Vanilla but opted for black crystal in the last moment. Will go for it during my next purchase based on your feedback.
Iíve been using it only for the past 3 weeks or so. It has a fruity edible-like fragrance and if you like the Vanilla flavor youíll like this. It takes a few days to a week for the fragrance to settle down. It is too strong and Iíve kept it in the glovebox. Since the glovebox has a cooling vent, I turn the valve open and keep it for a while when I want the fragrance to spread around. Will try the bubble gum flavor next - heard thatís good as well.

Contents inside the can:

How does your car smell-wp_20151221_08_03_24_pro.jpg
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2015, 09:00   #565
Senior - BHPian

Black crystal isnt all that great now when compared to their previous version. Last year, I used this for 4 months. Yes, 4 months and the smell was too strong as Ganesh said. I had to keep it in the boot (ecosport boot). I bought one last month and found the smell to be really mild (maybe I got used to the smell). But you get the smell when you enter the car so it isnt all that bad. Anyways, I find this safer (jute type) than the Gel/liquid type ones.
naveen.raju is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2016, 14:41   #566
BHPian

Quote:

Its a wooden box with activated charcoal in it. Stick it to anywhere in the car and forget about any smell for the next 6 months. Smokers are going to love this. But it doesn't produce any smell of its own, just absorbs it. Product is very natural and you don't need to inhale any vaporized fragrances. Wooden box doesn't look cheap either. It has premium feel to it.
This looks very interesting. I would anyday prefer my car to be odorless than use a strong fragrance to mask other odors. Placed an order for it today.
JonSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2016, 20:43   #567
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
This looks very interesting. I would anyday prefer my car to be odorless than use a strong fragrance to mask other odors. Placed an order for it today.
This really looks promising. I still have a can of My Shaldan unopened and while I like the squash fragrance, I am sceptical about the potential health hazards. Even if it is gel-based containing limonene, it doesn't specify its contents on the website or the packaging. Neither does it carry a 100% organic label. Even gel-based fragrances can have synthetic compounds, potentially hazardous, to prolong the life of the fragrance.

Last edited by wishnipon : 9th January 2016 at 20:51.
wishnipon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2016, 22:22   #568
BHPian

I bought Eureka Aeroguard for trial purposes but I doubt if it works. Fan makes a humming noise and gives some air too. It does feel like its cleaning the pollutants but there is no change in smell. Car is smelling like bananas these days. Really disappointed.
Metallicar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 18:38   #569
BHPian

The Tasotti Prestige gel dried up after serving our Ford Classic for quite some time. Went for a Godrej Aer Twist Gel in the Petal Crush Pink fragrance. I prefer mild perfumes to strong ones as they tend to give me a headache. The Godrej Aer is really sweet smelling and mild enough. The car now smells much fresher than before.

Another thing is that it looks absolutely fabulous. Quite large in size and immediately noticeable once you enter. And I am really in love with the "Twist" function.

Overall a from me for this awesome product from Godrej.

Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2016, 18:07   #570
BHPian

Bought MAXI FRESH UNDER SEAT CAR FRESHENER - BLACK ICE today !!!!! Lets see how it is ...
SDee is offline   Reply With Quote