Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2008, 11:35   #61
BHPian
 
Veelubai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: B'lore/Trichur
Posts: 287
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

NIce car.ALl the mods you have done are really neat.Always been a great fan of your Skoda and now this.
BTW - Do you belong to Tcr?
Veelubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 11:58   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
normally_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,367
Thanked: 387 Times
Default

Holy Moly !!

That exhaust sounds SWEETT !! Simply superb man. Now anything planned for the engine ?

ps - just listening to that exhaust makes me want to get one too.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 17:05   #63
BHPian
 
jerish666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trivandrum,Kochi,Trissur
Posts: 757
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Wow jerish, i dont know how i missed this.

Your car is simply awesome, The exhaust note is a killer. I dont know if i could ever do something like this to my car. way to go!! The best fiesta 1.6s on road, congrats!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Congrats jerry for the mods on your new car..
Car's looking a killer in blue. A tyre upgrade expected soon.
BTW loved the exhaust note. Purely bassy and addictive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
The 1.6S looks lovely in that color, saw it once and became an instant fan. And your car looks great with all the mods, especially the suspension. Enjoy your car man, lucky fellow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
NIce car.ALl the mods you have done are really neat.Always been a great fan of your Skoda and now this.
BTW - Do you belong to Tcr?
Yes i am basically from TCR district settled in Trivandrum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Holy Moly !!

That exhaust sounds SWEETT !! Simply superb man. Now anything planned for the engine ?

ps - just listening to that exhaust makes me want to get one too.
Thank you guys for the nice comments.
I want to map my ECM.But petes doest have.

Last edited by jerish666 : 23rd November 2008 at 17:18.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 17:56   #64
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goa
Posts: 417
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Wow Jerish, that exhaust note is marvellous and addictive.
With that kind of an exhaust and also the intake sound that you'd get with your Green intake it would be a marvellous orgasmic sound to the ears man :-) Awesome.

Enjoy your ride mate, and also drive safe and fast (safe first).
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 18:15   #65
Senior - BHPian
 
danlalan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: mumbai,JUHU
Posts: 1,597
Thanked: 133 Times
Default

68000/- fpr the exhaust. Thats way to much. Can we get the Breakup of this..?? I know milltek sport and all but still.

Want to see a video of a fly by also if possible.
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 19:20   #66
BHPian
 
nikibusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vikhroli - (Mumbai)
Posts: 714
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Killer exhaust note for a diesel car.
nikibusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 19:32   #67
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goa
Posts: 417
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa View Post
Killer exhaust note for a diesel car.
Mate it's a Petrol. It's the Ford 1.6 Petrol Duratec engine.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 23:48   #68
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,534
Thanked: 984 Times
Default

Wow Jersih,

The exhaust note is too good!! And very nice pics of the car as well... Money well spent eh!

Enjoy your ride mate!
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 16:35   #69
BHPian
 
jerish666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trivandrum,Kochi,Trissur
Posts: 757
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
68000/- fpr the exhaust. Thats way to much. Can we get the Breakup of this..?? I know milltek sport and all but still.

Want to see a video of a fly by also if possible.
There is no break up.Its a full unit including headers costs 68000 INR.It is made of high quality type 304 aircraft grade stainless steel.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 17:26   #70
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 11
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

hey jerish how much do you think a Magna Flow setup would cost..any idea!?
karan_parkash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 18:53   #71
BHPian
 
jerish666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trivandrum,Kochi,Trissur
Posts: 757
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan_parkash View Post
hey jerish how much do you think a Magna Flow setup would cost..any idea!?
I dont know much it is.But i think we get only magna flow end canin India.

Last edited by jerish666 : 24th November 2008 at 18:54.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 19:00   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
vikram_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,380
Thanked: 936 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
It is made of high quality type 304 aircraft grade stainless steel.
This is a new one. There is only one grade of SS304. There is nothing called aircraft grade stainless steel 304. Aircraft grade SS is 17-4PH, 13-8PH, 15-5PH. It is not possible for your exhaust system to be made of these as most often parts from these exotic materials are cast or machined down from solid billets.

Last edited by vikram_d : 24th November 2008 at 19:07.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 19:23   #73
BHPian
 
jerish666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trivandrum,Kochi,Trissur
Posts: 757
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
This is a new one. There is only one grade of SS304. There is nothing called aircraft grade stainless steel 304. Aircraft grade SS is 17-4PH, 13-8PH, 15-5PH. It is not possible for your exhaust system to be made of these as most often parts from these exotic materials are cast or machined down from solid billets.
Milltek Sport exhausts are produced in high quality type 304 aircraft grade stainless steel. This material is anti-magnetic (other manufacturers stainless steel may not be)
and is less susceptible to discolouration. This quality of stainless steel is used on all pipework and the total construction of the silencer. Mandrel bending ensures full flow bends for better gas flow and Milltek systems are increased in bore to ensure ultimate performance without the loss of mid range torque.
Source:Milltek Sport Stainless Steel Exhausts and Hi-Flow Sports Catalysts
If they are wrong sue them.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 19:39   #74
Senior - BHPian
 
vikram_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,380
Thanked: 936 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Milltek Sport exhausts are produced in high quality type 304 aircraft grade stainless steel. This material is anti-magnetic (other manufacturers stainless steel may not be)
All stainless steel is non magnetic. If it is magnetic then it is not stainless steel at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
and is less susceptible to discolouration. This quality of stainless steel is used on all pipework and the total construction of the silencer. Mandrel bending ensures full flow bends for better gas flow and Milltek systems are increased in bore to ensure ultimate performance without the loss of mid range torque.
Source:Milltek Sport Stainless Steel Exhausts and Hi-Flow Sports Catalysts
If they are wrong sue them.
SS304 anyways is not susceptible to discolouration. Most of the bending process in high volume production environment is done with mandrel benders. So nothing new there.

Also none of the links given by you take to the page from where you have picked this information up. Could you please give me the proper link. Thanks.

Anyways I dont want to be the cause of this thread going off topic. So I am going to stop here. I know Milltek products are extremely good but some of the nonsense these people throw at unknowing customers.

Last edited by vikram_d : 24th November 2008 at 19:42.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 19:41   #75
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

Why should he sue them? You paid the money for it - you should be the one doing the suing

Of course, if you are satisfied with it, who cares what the brochure says.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi ZXi 60,000 kms. review / Still fida over the fiesta Sugeeta Long-Term Ownership Reviews 60 29th September 2015 12:18
Should Ford discontinue the Fiesta sedan & launch the Fiesta hatchback? damager21 The Indian Car Scene 84 2nd August 2015 01:45
Ford Fiesta 1.4D ZXi Ownership Woes. EDIT : REPLACEMENT FIESTA. Pics on Pg. 5 Mad Monkey Long-Term Ownership Reviews 105 3rd March 2010 15:26
Please help me decide: Fiesta S or Fiesta ZXi? EDIT: Booked Fiesta S! Pics on pg5. frankmehta Sedans 108 18th August 2009 13:43


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:24.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks