Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 13th April 2009, 17:55   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Jerry uncle, when is remap?
Yo son i am planning to remap after 15000-2000kms.I need to check who will do the best for my 1.6 S.

Last edited by jerish666 : 13th April 2009 at 17:56.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2009, 21:53   #107
BHPian

Jerish,

Tell me about the suspension setup since I am seriously considering it. I know about the Bilstein B6 in your mods list. Did you use H&R springs with it or which one? Which model exactly?

I do not see the ride height reduced at all. Has it? If yes, how many cms? I think I cannot make out in the picture but then, lowering the ride is my main reason of going for the mods if I do soon. Looks is what I am interested in and your inputs would help me in deciding.

Thanks.
abhi1309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2009, 22:22   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
Jerish,

Tell me about the suspension setup since I am seriously considering it. I know about the Bilstein B6 in your mods list. Did you use H&R springs with it or which one? Which model exactly?

I do not see the ride height reduced at all. Has it? If yes, how many cms? I think I cannot make out in the picture but then, lowering the ride is my main reason of going for the mods if I do soon. Looks is what I am interested in and your inputs would help me in deciding.

Thanks.
Hi Abhi,
I just changed the dampers not springs.Fiesta 1.6S is already lower than the normal Fiesta.After fixing the B6 it has reduced 1-2 cms.Already with 5 people i have to be really careful of bumps.So if you gonna lower the spring i wont recommend you to do it.
Old 15th April 2009, 12:51   #109
BHPian

Okay, I'm a little confused. I thought the Petes box was only for diesels; but this is a petrol Fiesta. Since when did these come out and how much are these for?
anantnehru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 13:09   #110
BHPian

no, you may safely lower your ride, but with stiffer springs. that just means that even thought your ride is lower, the springs don't compress as much, hence there isn't much difference on full load. A few friends of mine in the states have their rides slammed, and they don't scrape the bumps at malls, only because the springs are stiff as hell [Hit a stone and it'll dislodge a vertebra!]
DocG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 13:17   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Okay, I'm a little confused. I thought the Petes box was only for diesels; but this is a petrol Fiesta. Since when did these come out and how much are these for?
no psi ('pete's) box has been fitted to this ride, instead , a lot of other goodies from peter has been added. jerish being pete's guy in tvm does help

Offtopic: ImmortalZ calls people Uncle now ? wasnt it chetta a few days ago ??????

Last edited by greenhorn : 15th April 2009 at 13:19.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 16:03   #112
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post

Offtopic: ImmortalZ calls people Uncle now ? wasnt it chetta a few days ago ??????
Yeah I know, its alright that he's immortal, but he's not getting any younger is he?

I didnt know that B6s were installed in the car, else would have begged for a ride as passenger atleast during the last TVM meet.
Dont the B6s come with adjustable ride height?
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 17:00   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Hi Abhi,
I just changed the dampers not springs.Fiesta 1.6S is already lower than the normal Fiesta.After fixing the B6 it has reduced 1-2 cms.Already with 5 people i have to be really careful of bumps.So if you gonna lower the spring i wont recommend you to do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
no, you may safely lower your ride, but with stiffer springs. that just means that even thought your ride is lower, the springs don't compress as much, hence there isn't much difference on full load. A few friends of mine in the states have their rides slammed, and they don't scrape the bumps at malls, only because the springs are stiff as hell [Hit a stone and it'll dislodge a vertebra!]
Doc I think you are right. But adding the springs takes the price to insane heights which is a no no for me or is the price okay? See prices.

1) Bilstein B6 sport shock - set of 4 - 46000/-
2) H&R springs set of 4 - 22000/-
Old 15th April 2009, 18:10   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
no psi ('pete's) box has been fitted to this ride, instead , a lot of other goodies from peter has been added. jerish being pete's guy in tvm does help

I was told by Jerish that if I am to be cleared to call Zakko chetta, I have to call him uncle. I had no choice but to concede to his demands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Dont the B6s come with adjustable ride height?
Nope.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 15th April 2009 at 18:11.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 22:46   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Doc I think you are right. But adding the springs takes the price to insane heights which is a no no for me or is the price okay? See prices.

1) Bilstein B6 sport shock - set of 4 - 46000/-
2) H&R springs set of 4 - 22000/-
You are wrong Doc.I am pretty sure that even if you put stiffer spring it will reduce the height upto 3-4cms.I am telling why because 1.6S is already low than normal 1.6sxi.When you fix the dampers again 1-2cm will go down.Then with stiffer spring you can imagine.
For me now with 5 passengers plus luggage in the boot makes the car really low.Normal roads its really fine.Only on bad roads you have to be careful. But with springs definitely your car will be really low.If you have any problem with that go ahead.

@greenhorn i am the only uncle for him in tvm bhp team.

@anantnehru there is no PSI(petes) tuning box for petrol cars.

Last edited by jerish666 : 15th April 2009 at 22:53.
Old 20th April 2009, 16:56   #116
Senior - BHPian

Well uncle, it depends whether the springs are actually lowering springs. There are ones which keep the ride height and offer stiffer suspension. Question is, are there any for the Fiesta.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 18:45   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Well uncle, it depends whether the springs are actually lowering springs. There are ones which keep the ride height and offer stiffer suspension. Question is, are there any for the Fiesta.
I agree. I am not sure about those H&R springs. Are they actually lowering springs. I doubt. I wish I knew photoshop, wanted to see how my fiesta would look with a lowered body.
Old 20th April 2009, 19:16   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree. I am not sure about those H&R springs. Are they actually lowering springs. I doubt. I wish I knew photoshop, wanted to see how my fiesta would look with a lowered body.
here you go:

Name:  low.jpg
Views: 1911
Size:  315.0 KB

PS : @jerish : Sorry for the OT.
badboyscad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 19:20   #119
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new ride... Looks lovely.. And mods done seem even better!!!

Have fun!!
karthik247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 23:31   #120
BHPian

how much would remapping cost?and what changes can i expect in power and torque??
any other ways to increase bhp and torque on smaller budget?
ariendj is offline   Reply With Quote