Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2009, 15:48   #121
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Swindon, UK
Posts: 696
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

Hi Jerry,
Nice car. Colour is like a Subaru Impreza. IIRC the Fiesta S already comes with a more sporty suspension compared to the normal Fiesta. What have you done with your original suspension? Some other Fiesta owners may be interested.
Everyone who's planning to mod a car usually goes for a City or Baleno. Why not the Fiesta. It's already quite sporty in stock form, so it means you're starting with an advantage when you decide to mod.
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2009, 17:38   #122
BHPian
 
deathwalkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 638
Thanked: 468 Times
Default

i guess i am one of the privileged ones to drive this car; i mean beast

what a ride it was [the few minutes that i could manage]! dude long time since we caught up. and you are jerry uncle now?

anyways do drop in a message. need to get the filter casing changed.

and still remember us turning heads all over trivandrum from chackai with our filters and FFEs !
deathwalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2009, 20:33   #123
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

We managed to snag a place in the next day's newspapers when me, Zak and jerrish uncle ripped up the tarmac from Vellayambalam to Thampanoor in the middle of the night.

Beat that.

The man has gone fully phamily. Not a peep from him for months.

@Live to Jive - He put Bilsteins in their place.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2009, 23:20   #124
BHPian
 
jithudigitised's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Thiruvananthapuram
Posts: 329
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
We managed to snag a place in the next day's newspapers
WHat !! .Thats a news to me.Tell me the details.

You are spot on,now a days, theresn't any trace of jerish on the meets.
jithudigitised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 08:57   #125
BHPian
 
jerish666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trivandrum,Kochi,Trissur
Posts: 757
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
how much would remapping cost?and what changes can i expect in power and torque??
any other ways to increase bhp and torque on smaller budget?
I think it comes around Rs 30000/-. 20BHP and 40 NM torque increase.

@deathwalker- i was thinking your id is so familiar haha.
@Immortalz - I was busy with my new business.Not fully phamily man
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 17:15   #126
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
WHat !! .Thats a news to me.Tell me the details.

You are spot on,now a days, theresn't any trace of jerish on the meets.
There was an article in one of the major papers' additional sheets (Nagaram or whatever) about how racing on the Rajaveedhi at ungodly hours had restarted. I had the paper in my room to scan it later, but my mom decided to "clean" the room while I was away at class and threw the paper away.

Seriously, why do moms think that they can fix the mess?

Good to hear from you jerrish uncle. You missed a good meet the other day. We tried to get in touch with you, but you didn't pick up the phone. It was literally 2 minutes walk away from your place.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 27th July 2009 at 17:17.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 14:34   #127
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 3
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Hi Jerry,
Nice car. Colour is like a Subaru Impreza. IIRC the Fiesta S already comes with a more sporty suspension compared to the normal Fiesta. What have you done with your original suspension? Some other Fiesta owners may be interested.
Everyone who's planning to mod a car usually goes for a City or Baleno. Why not the Fiesta. It's already quite sporty in stock form, so it means you're starting with an advantage when you decide to mod.
i understand from the ford guys that those who have the normal suspension setup need to upgrade all the coils to that of the Fiesta 1.6S as it has a differtent set of shocks, coil and the 15 inch tyres. have ordered for the upgrade and it costs 16k for 1.6S shocks plus coil at Ford Service centre.

Anyone put 205 width tyres on Fiesta , and what profile? Am running on 195/60 R14 without trouble.
maverick_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 19:33   #128
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Had the opportunity to drive the car during my stay at Trivandrum. Must say, the car handles fabulously. This is perhaps THE most neutral handling car I have driven till date. No understeer, no oversteer, it just goes to where you point it. I had to switch lanes once and the body roll was hardly evident. Must add that the Bilstein's do compliment the car very well as far as the handling is concerned. The only downside is that the engine has very good mid range and lacks top end. If only Jerish put in some cams, a standalone or go turbo.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 19:41   #129
BHPian
 
HRT_FPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 45
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hey guys,

I've also embarked on a project to rev up my Fiesta 1.6. Although it's not as new or a hot looking 1.6S as Jerish, this is also a similar 1.6.

Mods at the moment include FFE with Magnaflow, Pipercross Viper CAI. I've also updated my ICE to include 2 Polk Momo 12", Polk Components.

The pics are little old and hence the dirty engine. I'm getting to work on the following from Monday:

-- Koni Suspension
-- Brakes (Tarox seems great from Jerish's post. Please advise how they are)
-- Superchip (Jerish, again please tell me if I can do a Pete's for a petrol 1.6)
-- Piper Cams
-- Exedy Clutch Stage 1 or 2 (Exploring to see if this will fit. This has fit on an OHC)
-- Custom Projector Headlamps & Foggies with 24 SMD LED strip in each headlamp
-- 24 SMD LED bulbs all around (Parking Lights already there). Installing on all other lamps - Brake lamps, indicators, reverse lights.

The close up pic of headlamp is only parking lamp switched on. LED parking lamp seems brighter than HIDs during the day.

Please let me know of your suggestions/advise
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta 1.6S Petefied-dsc00969.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6S Petefied-dsc00970.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6S Petefied-dsc00974.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6S Petefied-dsc00977.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6S Petefied-dsc00983.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6S Petefied-dsc00994.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6S Petefied-dsc00997.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6S Petefied-led-lhf.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6S Petefied-led-lhf-.jpg  

HRT_FPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 20:20   #130
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Just to add;

at 3.5-4lac you get a pre-owned 1.6; buy it and mod it.
Right MCL?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 20:49   #131
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL
Posts: 4,680
Thanked: 3,508 Times
Default

Me liked the handling of Jerish's Fiesta. Like Mcl said it was point and shoot. Motor hit the revlimiter a bit too fast, but i could hardly get it out of second and popped into thrd once and thats all. I haven't driven a stock Fiesta 1.6 so no idea of it's engine response, but Jerish's car was slick. Sounds great too.

Price looks good Jk..
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 20:54   #132
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Just to add;

at 3.5-4lac you get a pre-owned 1.6; buy it and mod it.
Right MCL?
Yup, a well maintained 1.6 is available in Kerala for around 3.75-4.5L. At that price, its quite tempting. Now to look for more engine upgrades to cope up with the improved handling.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 08:34   #133
BHPian
 
jerish666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trivandrum,Kochi,Trissur
Posts: 757
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRT_FPV View Post
Hey guys,

I've also embarked on a project to rev up my Fiesta 1.6. Although it's not as new or a hot looking 1.6S as Jerish, this is also a similar 1.6.

Mods at the moment include FFE with Magnaflow, Pipercross Viper CAI. I've also updated my ICE to include 2 Polk Momo 12", Polk Components.

The pics are little old and hence the dirty engine. I'm getting to work on the following from Monday:

-- Koni Suspension
-- Brakes (Tarox seems great from Jerish's post. Please advise how they are)
-- Superchip (Jerish, again please tell me if I can do a Pete's for a petrol 1.6)
-- Piper Cams
-- Exedy Clutch Stage 1 or 2 (Exploring to see if this will fit. This has fit on an OHC)
-- Custom Projector Headlamps & Foggies with 24 SMD LED strip in each headlamp
-- 24 SMD LED bulbs all around (Parking Lights already there). Installing on all other lamps - Brake lamps, indicators, reverse lights.

The close up pic of headlamp is only parking lamp switched on. LED parking lamp seems brighter than HIDs during the day.

Please let me know of your suggestions/advise
Tarox rotor and brake pads are really good.Braking has improved well.If you are changing the brakes you have to go for both rotor and pads.

Petes doesn't have remapping for 1.6.

@mclaren 1.6 top speed is 176-180km/hr.I think its not bad for a car like this .

Last edited by jerish666 : 29th July 2009 at 08:40.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 08:53   #134
BHPian
 
HRT_FPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 45
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Thanks. Yeah, I realised that I would have to change the rotors and pads. So if Pete's is not available, I guess I'm left only with the superchip option.

and a new 1.6 is more than capable of 180km/h. I've seen it do more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Tarox rotor and brake pads are really good.Braking has improved well.If you are changing the brakes you have to go for both rotor and pads.

Petes doesn't have remapping for 1.6.

@mclaren 1.6 top speed is 176-180km/hr.I think its not bad for a car like this .
HRT_FPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 09:56   #135
BHPian
 
crazydiablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore/San Francisco
Posts: 854
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Engine upgrades are available plenty in UK i believe, but its gonna cost a bomb. What are the MRF rally Fiestas putting out? I have heard some insane figures for an NA car.
crazydiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi ZXi 60,000 kms. review / Still fida over the fiesta Sugeeta Long-Term Ownership Reviews 60 29th September 2015 12:18
Should Ford discontinue the Fiesta sedan & launch the Fiesta hatchback? damager21 The Indian Car Scene 84 2nd August 2015 01:45
Ford Fiesta 1.4D ZXi Ownership Woes. EDIT : REPLACEMENT FIESTA. Pics on Pg. 5 Mad Monkey Long-Term Ownership Reviews 105 3rd March 2010 15:26
Please help me decide: Fiesta S or Fiesta ZXi? EDIT: Booked Fiesta S! Pics on pg5. frankmehta Sedans 108 18th August 2009 13:43


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:28.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks