Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 25th July 2009, 15:48   #121
BANNED

Hi Jerry,
Nice car. Colour is like a Subaru Impreza. IIRC the Fiesta S already comes with a more sporty suspension compared to the normal Fiesta. What have you done with your original suspension? Some other Fiesta owners may be interested.
Everyone who's planning to mod a car usually goes for a City or Baleno. Why not the Fiesta. It's already quite sporty in stock form, so it means you're starting with an advantage when you decide to mod.
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2009, 17:38   #122
BHPian

i guess i am one of the privileged ones to drive this car; i mean beast

what a ride it was [the few minutes that i could manage]! dude long time since we caught up. and you are jerry uncle now?

anyways do drop in a message. need to get the filter casing changed.

and still remember us turning heads all over trivandrum from chackai with our filters and FFEs !
deathwalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2009, 20:33   #123
Senior - BHPian

We managed to snag a place in the next day's newspapers when me, Zak and jerrish uncle ripped up the tarmac from Vellayambalam to Thampanoor in the middle of the night.

Beat that.

The man has gone fully phamily. Not a peep from him for months.

@Live to Jive - He put Bilsteins in their place.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2009, 23:20   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
We managed to snag a place in the next day's newspapers
WHat !! .Thats a news to me.Tell me the details.

You are spot on,now a days, theresn't any trace of jerish on the meets.
jithudigitised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 08:57   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
how much would remapping cost?and what changes can i expect in power and torque??
any other ways to increase bhp and torque on smaller budget?
I think it comes around Rs 30000/-. 20BHP and 40 NM torque increase.

@deathwalker- i was thinking your id is so familiar haha.
@Immortalz - I was busy with my new business.Not fully phamily man
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 17:15   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
WHat !! .Thats a news to me.Tell me the details.

You are spot on,now a days, theresn't any trace of jerish on the meets.
There was an article in one of the major papers' additional sheets (Nagaram or whatever) about how racing on the Rajaveedhi at ungodly hours had restarted. I had the paper in my room to scan it later, but my mom decided to "clean" the room while I was away at class and threw the paper away.

Seriously, why do moms think that they can fix the mess?

Good to hear from you jerrish uncle. You missed a good meet the other day. We tried to get in touch with you, but you didn't pick up the phone. It was literally 2 minutes walk away from your place.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 27th July 2009 at 17:17.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 14:34   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Hi Jerry,
Nice car. Colour is like a Subaru Impreza. IIRC the Fiesta S already comes with a more sporty suspension compared to the normal Fiesta. What have you done with your original suspension? Some other Fiesta owners may be interested.
Everyone who's planning to mod a car usually goes for a City or Baleno. Why not the Fiesta. It's already quite sporty in stock form, so it means you're starting with an advantage when you decide to mod.
i understand from the ford guys that those who have the normal suspension setup need to upgrade all the coils to that of the Fiesta 1.6S as it has a differtent set of shocks, coil and the 15 inch tyres. have ordered for the upgrade and it costs 16k for 1.6S shocks plus coil at Ford Service centre.

Anyone put 205 width tyres on Fiesta , and what profile? Am running on 195/60 R14 without trouble.
maverick_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 19:33   #128
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Had the opportunity to drive the car during my stay at Trivandrum. Must say, the car handles fabulously. This is perhaps THE most neutral handling car I have driven till date. No understeer, no oversteer, it just goes to where you point it. I had to switch lanes once and the body roll was hardly evident. Must add that the Bilstein's do compliment the car very well as far as the handling is concerned. The only downside is that the engine has very good mid range and lacks top end. If only Jerish put in some cams, a standalone or go turbo.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 19:41   #129
BHPian

Hey guys,

I've also embarked on a project to rev up my Fiesta 1.6. Although it's not as new or a hot looking 1.6S as Jerish, this is also a similar 1.6.

Mods at the moment include FFE with Magnaflow, Pipercross Viper CAI. I've also updated my ICE to include 2 Polk Momo 12", Polk Components.

The pics are little old and hence the dirty engine. I'm getting to work on the following from Monday:

-- Koni Suspension
-- Brakes (Tarox seems great from Jerish's post. Please advise how they are)
-- Superchip (Jerish, again please tell me if I can do a Pete's for a petrol 1.6)
-- Piper Cams
-- Exedy Clutch Stage 1 or 2 (Exploring to see if this will fit. This has fit on an OHC)
-- Custom Projector Headlamps & Foggies with 24 SMD LED strip in each headlamp
-- 24 SMD LED bulbs all around (Parking Lights already there). Installing on all other lamps - Brake lamps, indicators, reverse lights.

The close up pic of headlamp is only parking lamp switched on. LED parking lamp seems brighter than HIDs during the day.

Please let me know of your suggestions/advise
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta 1.6S Petefied-dsc00969.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6S Petefied-dsc00970.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6S Petefied-dsc00974.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6S Petefied-dsc00977.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6S Petefied-dsc00983.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6S Petefied-dsc00994.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6S Petefied-dsc00997.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6S Petefied-led-lhf.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6S Petefied-led-lhf-.jpg  

HRT_FPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 20:20   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Just to add;

at 3.5-4lac you get a pre-owned 1.6; buy it and mod it.
Right MCL?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 20:49   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Me liked the handling of Jerish's Fiesta. Like Mcl said it was point and shoot. Motor hit the revlimiter a bit too fast, but i could hardly get it out of second and popped into thrd once and thats all. I haven't driven a stock Fiesta 1.6 so no idea of it's engine response, but Jerish's car was slick. Sounds great too.

Price looks good Jk..
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 20:54   #132
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Just to add;

at 3.5-4lac you get a pre-owned 1.6; buy it and mod it.
Right MCL?
Yup, a well maintained 1.6 is available in Kerala for around 3.75-4.5L. At that price, its quite tempting. Now to look for more engine upgrades to cope up with the improved handling.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 08:34   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRT_FPV View Post
Hey guys,

I've also embarked on a project to rev up my Fiesta 1.6. Although it's not as new or a hot looking 1.6S as Jerish, this is also a similar 1.6.

Mods at the moment include FFE with Magnaflow, Pipercross Viper CAI. I've also updated my ICE to include 2 Polk Momo 12", Polk Components.

The pics are little old and hence the dirty engine. I'm getting to work on the following from Monday:

-- Koni Suspension
-- Brakes (Tarox seems great from Jerish's post. Please advise how they are)
-- Superchip (Jerish, again please tell me if I can do a Pete's for a petrol 1.6)
-- Piper Cams
-- Exedy Clutch Stage 1 or 2 (Exploring to see if this will fit. This has fit on an OHC)
-- Custom Projector Headlamps & Foggies with 24 SMD LED strip in each headlamp
-- 24 SMD LED bulbs all around (Parking Lights already there). Installing on all other lamps - Brake lamps, indicators, reverse lights.

The close up pic of headlamp is only parking lamp switched on. LED parking lamp seems brighter than HIDs during the day.

Please let me know of your suggestions/advise
Tarox rotor and brake pads are really good.Braking has improved well.If you are changing the brakes you have to go for both rotor and pads.

Petes doesn't have remapping for 1.6.

@mclaren 1.6 top speed is 176-180km/hr.I think its not bad for a car like this .

Last edited by jerish666 : 29th July 2009 at 08:40.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 08:53   #134
BHPian

Thanks. Yeah, I realised that I would have to change the rotors and pads. So if Pete's is not available, I guess I'm left only with the superchip option.

and a new 1.6 is more than capable of 180km/h. I've seen it do more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Tarox rotor and brake pads are really good.Braking has improved well.If you are changing the brakes you have to go for both rotor and pads.

Petes doesn't have remapping for 1.6.

@mclaren 1.6 top speed is 176-180km/hr.I think its not bad for a car like this .
HRT_FPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 09:56   #135
BHPian

Engine upgrades are available plenty in UK i believe, but its gonna cost a bomb. What are the MRF rally Fiestas putting out? I have heard some insane figures for an NA car.
crazydiablo is offline   Reply With Quote