Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 3rd May 2010, 19:11   #181
BHPian

I think there still is a leak in my car, will be going for alignment and balancing to hyundai tommorow, will get it checked for the last time.
Just wanted to know, somebody said he buys the end cans back, Does shabbir buy headers back as well?(i don't mind selling it back for 50-60% of the price)
raghav.carfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:11   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Its not always like that buddy, i've been running FFE on my M-800 since 5 yrs. I've always driven it sedate, pushing the car occasionally to top speeds. With all the closed ratio gearbox, K&N, FFE the M-800 drives crazy.

Since 5 yrs my FE has never reduced from 17 kmpl. Presently due to the scorching summer heat. I've gone in for stock replacement muffler, running the car quietly untill the rainy/winter seasons come back

Hissing sound never came, but off-late Shabbir has been HISSING a lot. Become too complacent/arrogant and careless.

I lost my original VW Bug's muffler at his shop sometime back. My header always use to leak. Everytime you go to him, his boys would say "Kuch nahi saab, aap chupke.......!.....?" Got it done at a local fabricator, now its working fine.

I feel its time we get someone better than Shabbir in the market.
man i am confused now. all this while i was thinking there is no problem with my car and the sound I am getting is from the CAI. I will go and get my car thoroughly checked for leaks

Pavan, sent you a PM

Thanks,
-Nidhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
I think there still is a leak in my car, will be going for alignment and balancing to hyundai tommorow, will get it checked for the last time.
Just wanted to know, somebody said he buys the end cans back, Does shabbir buy headers back as well?(i don't mind selling it back for 50-60% of the price)
This is bad man, just a couple of week and you are already planning to sell it, why not go back to him and tell him what you feel? If you tell him that you are not happy with his work and planning to sell the header at half the price, he will definitely take the matter seriously since his reputation is at stake. Just my thought.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd May 2010 at 21:04. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
Srinidhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 23:38   #183
BHPian

Hmm..Good thought, Yea, I wouldn't want to get rid of them so easily, but first lets get the alignment/balancing done(my car is vibrating like crazy at any given speed) i have quite a bit of tread life on the tyres but I'm still suspecting them to be the culprit, lets see if that solves anything, If not, might need a new set of tyres, (theyve run 50000kms)
Is anybody from team-BHP going to shabbir anytime soon? would love to meet up with a fellow BHP-ian while I'm there
raghav.carfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 08:35   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranShahnawaz View Post
Any Idea when raj will be back?

Stainless steel will be a bit expensive. I thought to go for ceramic coated 4x2x1 set-up (low and mid range). Let's fix this during 2nd staturday of June, if date is okay with you? I'll PM you my Banglaore number.

Imran
Imran I am fine with that proposed date as of now. Please pm me your number. I am ok with Ceramic ones also. But I prefer to feel that mod before going ahead. Coz, later I am planning to give this car to my Dad, who should not feel it more SPORTY with roaring sound.

So Please let me know your plan for FFE, so you decided to go ahead right ??
thelightening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 09:50   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
Hi Imran,

The FFE will be same for WagonR and Alto vxi 1.1 ? How much time its takes for the installation ? Are these available readily or we need to order before?

Cheers,
Ranjith
Hi Ranjith,

Yes, if your alto is 1.1 version. As far as i know, shabir finish installation within a day. No need to give prior order. Give your car at 10 in morning and get it back by evening.

Imran

Last edited by ImranShahnawaz : 4th May 2010 at 09:53.
ImranShahnawaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 10:17   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Imran I am fine with that proposed date as of now. Please pm me your number. I am ok with Ceramic ones also. But I prefer to feel that mod before going ahead. Coz, later I am planning to give this car to my Dad, who should not feel it more SPORTY with roaring sound.

So Please let me know your plan for FFE, so you decided to go ahead right ??
Hay lightening,

I don't know what to suggest if you want to feel the mod befor going ahead. Finding a bhpean who carried-out FEE in his/her alto/wagonR 1.1 is a difficult task. Rather, we can check with someone who installed header in Santro. I guess, the output would be more or less similar (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm in to install FEE next month, but I'm little worried after seeing raghav.carfreak and Srinidhi's posts. Do you think we should check with psycho or FRK racing (Fazal Khan)??

Guys please help us with your suggestions and opinion about psycho or FRK's work.
Old 4th May 2010, 10:27   #187
BANNED

Quote:

Guys please help us with your suggestions and opinion about psycho or FRK's work.
They are equally BAD or GOOD

Today its hard to find a good installer, Would suggest Shabbir if gone through RAJ, else Shabbir is no good. He knows his job , but off-late become careless and arrogant.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 10:44   #188
BANNED

Quote:
Finding a bhpean who carried-out FEE in his/her alto/wagonR 1.1 is a difficult task.
VJ Maverick has done it in his Alto VXi and I think he is from Bangalore. Check with him.
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 10:53   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Hay lightening,

Imran, I suggest Shabbir, We do have two options,

1. Wait for Raj
2. Lets clearly tell what we need and how to go ahead with Shabbir and complete the task.

As you already prepared for the same, Let me know, whats there in your mind.
Old 4th May 2010, 10:58   #190
BHPian

13 pages is a lot to go through

At the cost of sounding extremely lazy, how much approx. would a decent job for the FFE+Headers set me back by for my Palio 1.2?

And which is the place to go to for this? I see a lot of different names being called out in this thread.
praful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 11:33   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
VJ Maverick has done it in his Alto VXi and I think he is from Bangalore. Check with him.
Yes he had done in his alto 1.1, but he shifted to pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
They are equally BAD or GOOD

Today its hard to find a good installer, Would suggest Shabbir if gone through RAJ, else Shabbir is no good. He knows his job , but off-late become careless and arrogant.
Thanks Kadam sahab. We'll definitely wait for Raj.
But just want to check if there's anyone who install FEE from Psycho. I rememeber once VJ_Maverick suggested me to approch Psycho.

Quote:
Imran, I suggest Shabbir, We do have two options,

1. Wait for Raj
2. Lets clearly tell what we need and how to go ahead with Shabbir and complete the task.

As you already prepared for the same, Let me know, whats there in your mind.
I'm okay with your 1st option, don't want to take chance with Shabbir alone.

I want to go with custom made FEE, 4x2x1 for low and mid range (city drive), Say between 2, 2.5k to 3, 3.5k rpm and complete slience above 3.5k. Basically for better performance in city traffic with mild humming sound.

What spec are you looking at?
Will there be any vibration/jerk after intallation?

Imran
Old 4th May 2010, 12:19   #192
BHPian

Quote:
I'm okay with your 1st option, don't want to take chance with Shabbir alone.

I want to go with custom made FEE, 4x2x1 for low and mid range (city drive), Say between 2, 2.5k to 3, 3.5k rpm and complete slience above 3.5k. Basically for better performance in city traffic with mild humming sound.

What spec are you looking at?
Will there be any vibration/jerk after intallation?

Imran
Great Imran, Even I am also looking at the same option, a custom made FEE, 4x2x1 for low and mid range (city drive) with silence.

Whats that holding me back is the sound part. If my parents is driving this car with sound they will go crazy.

Some guys already adviced me that FFE's main advantage is its sound, Guys are going for FFE for that as main reason.

I dont feel there will be vibrations or jerks, coz exhaust gas is freely flowing outside right?

FFE Gurus please advice us.
Old 4th May 2010, 13:37   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whats that holding me back is the sound part. If my parents is driving this car with sound they will go crazy.
If you dint know you could always get a completely muted end can or even retain the stock one.

Quote:
Some guys already adviced me that FFE's main advantage is its sound, Guys are going for FFE for that as main reason.
Whoever sold you this piece of ino . Put in a few holes in the stock end can using a screw driver. Will give you the noise/sound that you are looking for.

Quote:
I dont feel there will be vibrations or jerks, coz exhaust gas is freely flowing outside right?
Ok pal, listen I think you ought to read these this thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/collec...w-exhaust.html

GTO has also put in a wonderful thread on how to modify your car. First and foremost , do your research thoroughly before investing.
Put your needs together and then see if its worthwhile investing in a FFE or a simple replacement filter should do the job for you.

Go to the installer and tell him what your needs are. Stay the whole day there while the work is being done. Once the work is done, drive the car around and see if its up-to your expectations.
If it aint go back the same evening and tell the installer its not as per your expectations. Saves you the headache of going back home and coming another day.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 14:54   #194
BHPian

I already went through all most all the related threads in our site. need to find some time to experience it.

Also, any idea when Raj Hingorani will land in Bangalore?

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th May 2010 at 17:38. Reason: Appending query to earlier post.
Old 6th May 2010, 17:47   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
so what is the verdict people??
shabbir or say someone like viper?
Any idea on how much a custom made FFE for a palio 1.2 would cost? Im seriously considering this for my ride. The Thing about shabbir/raj is that if there is say a leak i can always get it fixed ,since i stay close(but if he would care about the car once the work is done is another issue).
and will it be cheaper and better to make a FFE or get a ready made one say like automech.
Hey Vinay,

Have you got the work done on your Palio? I have also plans to get a FFE done on my car since its muflers are leaky and is due for a change.
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote