Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2010, 20:49   #196
Senior - BHPian
 
vinaydas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,353
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

not yet jacs, i have not yet decided on this issue because im mainly confused with the numerous options.
But FFE is definitely on my to do list.
vinaydas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 11:38   #197
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,424
Thanked: 678 Times
Default

Ok Vinay, please let me know if you finalize. I would also love to get the work done if we get a good buy.

But a small question! Does the FE drop much once FFE is installed?

Last edited by jacs : 7th May 2010 at 11:41.
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 13:36   #198
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,338
Thanked: 779 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
But a small question! Does the FE drop much once FFE is installed?
Yes it does and completely depends on your driving style. Drive sedate and it could give you some good figures else you will burn your pockets.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 13:45   #199
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,424
Thanked: 678 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Yes it does and completely depends on your driving style. Drive sedate and it could give you some good figures else you will burn your pockets.
Considering I still maintain my driving style which gives me 10Kmpl worst in City (12Kmpl best in City). Will i still burn my pocket? I mean same RPMs would still reduce FE?

Pardon my ignorance being a noob to FFE.

Last edited by jacs : 7th May 2010 at 13:47.
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 13:53   #200
Senior - BHPian
 
vinaydas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,353
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

it should take some time for me to finalize on my FFE as im a little keen on getting my Car "ICE"D and FFE does not drop(at least most of the times if it is done by a good installer) but there are instances where your car FE have increased after installation of a FFE.
The reason why FE drops is people rev more harder to listen to the sweet sound of the car hence losing efficiency.
vinaydas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 10:24   #201
BHPian
 
thelightening's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 262
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Raj in town now. Guys any suggestions before contacting him for doing FFE for my wagonR?
thelightening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 15:54   #202
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 226
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

[quote=rjstyles69;1868627]If you dint know you could always get a completely muted end can or even retain the stock one.


I would like to know the advantage of getting a muted end can if there is any?
I am not a big fan of the sound and in case i sit with my parents they'll know I'm upto no good, I don't mind changing the end can if there is any particular advantage to it. I have retained the stock one as of now
My exhaust leaks are fine,(The hyundai guy put in 2 gaskets where the headers meet the stock exhaust) but I havn't retained my conical filter right now because i tried to use it for awhile and the sound became quite a bit for family usage above 2000rpm, Will go in for stock replacement filter when i collect the vitamin M
Thanks in advance
Cheers
raghav.carfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 16:27   #203
BHPian
 
ImranShahnawaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore/Chennai
Posts: 129
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Guys, I got a quotation of 10.5k from Raj for complete FEE in my Wagon. Is it worth
ImranShahnawaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 16:58   #204
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 226
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

I believe its a little on the expensive side, Because I got street spec headers for 6k and he told me the end can would cost around 2k, so around 8k for the entire set up, but then again, this was shabbir,and the car was a getz 1.3. probably Raj charges a premium
raghav.carfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 18:52   #205
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,338
Thanked: 779 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Considering I still maintain my driving style which gives me 10Kmpl worst in City (12Kmpl best in City). Will i still burn my pocket? I mean same RPMs would still reduce FE?
Well this is how it works, you drivability improves in the lower rpms and hence gear shifts are seldom done. So ideally if you were to maintain your old driving style I see no harm.

But then the whole purpose of the FFE is defeated if you really don't wanna rev' the engine .

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
but there are instances where your car FE have increased after installation of a FFE.
I can testify on that statement. Burnt my cars clutch initially and then went on to learn how to drive at lower rpms and thereby improving the cars mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
I would like to know the advantage of getting a muted end can if there is any?
I am not a big fan of the sound and in case i sit with my parents they'll know I'm upto no good, I don't mind changing the end can if there is any particular advantage to it.
You can get a muted aftermarket end can. I am sure the installer can fabricate one to meet your needs. They usually make use of glass wool to get the required sound.


Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
My exhaust leaks are fine,(The hyundai guy put in 2 gaskets where the headers meet the stock exhaust) but I havn't retained my conical filter right now because i tried to use it for awhile and the sound became quite a bit for family usage above 2000rpm, Will go in for stock replacement filter when i collect the vitamin M
Thanks in advance
Cheers
Good to know the exhaust gas leak issue has been sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranShahnawaz View Post
Guys, I got a quotation of 10.5k from Raj for complete FEE in my Wagon. Is it worth
I paid something under 7k for my baleno's install, but then that was almost 3 yrs back. Prices could have gone up coz last year we were charged abt 8k for a Santro's job.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 18:54   #206
BHPian
 
thelightening's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 262
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

I too feel the same. When contacted Shabir, it was 8k Max, but when we contacted Raj we got a quote of 10k, with no negotiations. I too hope there is a premium factor, but for? For a WagonR with 1.1L engine 10k is bit more I feel.
thelightening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 19:24   #207
Senior - BHPian
 
vinaydas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,353
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

spoke to shabbir yesterday , for 1.2 palio he charges 8500.
i asked him if raj will do it, he said its his(raj)calculations and according to that i do the work.
vinaydas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 08:24   #208
BHPian
 
thelightening's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 262
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
spoke to shabbir yesterday , for 1.2 palio he charges 8500.
i asked him if raj will do it, he said its his(raj)calculations and according to that i do the work.
@Imran, Vinay's post gives us some hope. Can we confirm with Shabbir regarding this?
thelightening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 16:11   #209
BHPian
 
ImranShahnawaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore/Chennai
Posts: 129
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
I believe its a little on the expensive side, Because I got street spec headers for 6k and he told me the end can would cost around 2k, so around 8k for the entire set up, but then again, this was shabbir,and the car was a getz 1.3. probably Raj charges a premium
Agree with you Raghav. it is just premium, he is not ready to adjust even Rs 500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I paid something under 7k for my baleno's install, but then that was almost 3 yrs back. Prices could have gone up coz last year we were charged abt 8k for a Santro's job.
This year he increased another 2.5k. Though I agree that his work speaks. Now its my take to decide

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
@Imran, Vinay's post gives us some hope. Can we confirm with Shabbir regarding this?
I know arun, but that is little bit risky.

Current pricing for full FEE from some of the tuners in Bangalore:

Raj: 10.5K (including installation), 2 day installation time

Automech (through dealer - Abdul) - 9.5k (including installation), delivery+installation 3 to 4 days.
They don't entertain direct purchase from mumbai through courier, if a dealer is available in that city. Got a difference of 1.5k from the price quoted by vivek and the dealer.

FRK - 12.5K (including installation), 3 days installation time
only header and muffler change 10K, 3 days installation time

RAC - they also deals with automech

Regards,
Imran

Last edited by ImranShahnawaz : 14th May 2010 at 16:13.
ImranShahnawaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 16:37   #210
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,120
Thanked: 157 Times
Default

I am keen to go for a FE thinking to get it done by "Shabir" but need to come to blore for that. has anyone got ffe done by Anil in Mangalore?

btw if one drives sanely you can get better fe, with my OHC i got about 2kms more on hiway!
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's a free flow exhaust ? adityapd Technical Stuff 138 7th October 2013 18:01
free flow exhaust muffler for ohc club_honda Modifications & Accessories 23 14th June 2005 04:10
Free flow exhaust tuner in Pune chetanhanda Modifications & Accessories 5 5th May 2005 16:10
free flow exhaust sanket12 Modifications & Accessories 4 29th June 2004 20:09
K&N Filter and Free flow exhaust gbharani Modifications & Accessories 2 19th April 2004 23:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks