Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 11th June 2012, 11:21   #256
BHPian

Default Re: Free Flow Exhaust in Bangalore

Thank you very much for your feedback on that. Gives me confidence to go ahead ! Have a 2003 MPFI Zen and has been thinking of going for a Header/FFE combo for low-end ! Would love the deep sound but not really loud ! Any tips ?
anand_lukose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 11:56   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_lukose View Post
Thank you very much for your feedback on that. Gives me confidence to go ahead ! Have a 2003 MPFI Zen and has been thinking of going for a Header/FFE combo for low-end ! Would love the deep sound but not really loud ! Any tips ?
Makes sense for you to get the FFE designed for low end torque. The end can by itself can be designed to suit your needs for sound. Just stick around when they are making one and ensure that the way it sounds is close to what you want. While fabricating one ask Shabbir or Jaleel to make one which opens up after a certain rpm, the growl I meant.

Ideally a growl above 2500 is good enough, so that while driving in the city you don't attract the cops attention with a loud car.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 20:14   #258
BHPian

i tried contacting Raj to get an exhaust for my esteem looks like he barred his incoming calls. can someone give me his email address or any other ph # that is working
jagadeesh.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 20:52   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagadeesh.b View Post
i tried contacting Raj to get an exhaust for my esteem looks like he barred his incoming calls. can someone give me his email address or any other ph # that is working
It's been long since I paid the garage a visit. However check here , GTO had edited the post with a number. You can try that, else give me a weeks time I will try and get the number for you.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 22:02   #260
BHPian

Thank you Rjstyles thats the same number i have been trying any help you can provide will be great
jagadeesh.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2012, 00:54   #261
BHPian

Raj is out of the country, thats the reason you are not able to reach him. Contact Shabbir @9886234838.

Recently got my carb zen a FEE with headers. It sounds awesome..
Tazzy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2012, 10:24   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_lukose View Post
I have this same concern. My friend has an OHC and got Headers/FFE setup at Raj's a year or two back. His car is brilliant and sounds awesome. But I noticed rusting along places and this is a concern for me. I don't have pics though.

I have been planning for the same but wanted to check with folks who have already done it. How are your FFE's fairing in the long term ? does it still sound well ? Any performance drop ? are you seeing rusting along the exhaust/headers ?
It was fitted in my OHC (which I sold to my friend), it's been more than an year since the FFE has been fitted.
No issues whatsoever.
Yep as Riju mentioned the glasswool strength will decrease on a long run ( probably after 2-3yrs) one will notice d differene in the sound in muffler.
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2013, 18:24   #263
BHPian

Hi guys,

One of my friend who is also a Team BHP fan but not a member has got a FFE installed on his swift. The FFE was fabricated by Raj and he got the installion done at a garage on Bannerghatta Road.

He has a few questions post installion of FFE and I know he will get answers for his questions on this forum. So here come a couple of questions.

1. Is it normal for a FFE'd car to idle at high RPM (~1800) at cold start only?

2. He is neither a sedate driver nor a hard revving one. So will the FFE have a negative effect of FE assuming his driving style does not change post FFE installation.

3. The high beam failed the very same day the FFE was installed. Is it just a coincidence? Does the FFE have any effects on the electricals of the car?

Hoping to get answers at the earliest.
Torque123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2013, 18:32   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Hi guys,

One of my friend who is also a Team BHP fan but not a member has got a FFE installed on his swift. The FFE was fabricated by Raj and he got the installion done at a garage on Bannerghatta Road.

He has a few questions post installion of FFE and I know he will get answers for his questions on this forum. So here come a couple of questions.

1. Is it normal for a FFE'd car to idle at high RPM (~1800) at cold start only?

2. He is neither a sedate driver nor a hard revving one. So will the FFE have a negative effect of FE assuming his driving style does not change post FFE installation.

3. The high beam failed the very same day the FFE was installed. Is it just a coincidence? Does the FFE have any effects on the electricals of the car?

Hoping to get answers at the earliest.

Will answer to the best of my knowledge as I own a FFE car,

1-With or without FFE, fuel injected cars idle high on a cold engine. If there is a higher than normal idle at start, I suggest you check after running the car atleast 100 kms if it persists .

2-Fuel efficeny did not take a hit on my car and I dont think it would either in this case. It would depend on the design of the FFE also.

3-FFE will not have any effect on electricals. My guess was the wiring would have been affected when fitting the exhaust.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2013, 19:02   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One of my friend who is also a Team BHP fan but not a member has got a FFE installed on his swift. He has a few questions post installion of FFE and I know he will get answers for his questions on this forum. So here come a couple of questions.
1. All fuel injected engines idle at a high RPM when cold and as the engine reaches the optimal operating temperature, the RPM reduces.

2. If driven sedately, then your friend can expect the same FE as he was getting with the stock setup (if not more). I recollect my esteem delivered 19kmpl with a/c, on a highway run. It was running a K&N OE replacement type air filter and a 4x1 header with straight pipe all the way ending up with a custom SS muffler. Of course, when driven aggressively (on the track) i got 8kmpl.

Otherwise on a normal run i got around 15kmpl on the highway with some spirited driving on open stretches and otherwise mostly restricted to 100-120kays.

3. Maybe a coincidence. Ask him to get it checked. No connection between the two or maybe the wire got cut while installation of the exhaust.

Last edited by n_aditya : 10th January 2013 at 19:05.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2013, 19:15   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
3. Maybe a coincidence. Ask him to get it checked. No connection between the two or maybe the wire got cut while installation of the exhaust.

Thanks Aditya.

The low beam is working fine. Its only the high beam which is not working. Is there a separate wiring for the high beam and low beam?
Old 10th January 2013, 19:21   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Aditya.

The low beam is working fine. Its only the high beam which is not working. Is there a separate wiring for the high beam and low beam?
Generally no. The wiring to the socket / holder is one thick bunch which is insulated with tape. Maybe the high beam filament fused on its own.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2013, 19:46   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Generally no. The wiring to the socket / holder is one thick bunch which is insulated with tape. Maybe the high beam filament fused on its own.

He had installed Philips 90/100 bulbs which has a cut outer. What you have mentioned above, does it still hold good in this case?

Tharian and Aditya - Before installing the FFE his car used to idle at ~1450 RPM at cold start. Post FFE installation, it idles ~1800 RPM.

Last edited by Torque123 : 10th January 2013 at 19:50.
Old 10th January 2013, 22:30   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He had installed Philips 90/100 bulbs which has a cut outer. What you have mentioned above, does it still hold good in this case?

Tharian and Aditya - Before installing the FFE his car used to idle at ~1450 RPM at cold start. Post FFE installation, it idles ~1800 RPM.
The only reason I can think of is the higher rate of flow of the exhaust gases. Let the engine/ECU adapt to the new set up for a while and then check, it should reduce if not to the original rpm idle, but lower than now.
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2013, 21:14   #270
BHPian

any news about Raj's whereabouts ? i been trying him for my friend's civic AT ( header to muffler )

Shabeer is playing like he is a film star for an appointment

any other good installers in bangalore who does a decent job? my priority is not sound but free friction less flow.

thanks in advance.
toms_2191 is offline   Reply With Quote