Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 7th July 2014, 08:41   #286
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Free Flow Exhaust in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
Hi,
Some where I read that its possible to loose top end power based on the exhaust configuration. I think I will get a used end pipe and try to put it back to stock.
Usually for the city driving the headers are designed in a 4x2x1 manner, this usually for low end torque. Cars used in rallies generally run on a 4x1 setup for better top end.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2014, 10:46   #287
BHPian

@Gypsy: I would assume the headers would be the most crucial part in a free flow exhaust system. Not changing them would be a bit pointless imo.

Know a guy here with an ikon installed with automech ffe and man that thing sounds sweet
deathwalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2014, 15:50   #288

Hi,

Yeah. What you said is true. Since an experienced racing team said ikon headers can be left as it is (probably to gain low end torque) , i dint bother much
Thanks for your support though.I ll some how get my top speed back. no fun driving on highways.

I had checked the ikon header. it looks more like a 4x1, the stock header.But the header is quite small.
Have to find some time to take the car to the same garage and get it sorted out. Also planning for an ECU remap, just to see how much I can improve.
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2014, 19:46   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
Hi,

I had checked the ikon header. it looks more like a 4x1, the stock header.But the header is quite small.
Have to find some time to take the car to the same garage and get it sorted out. Also planning for an ECU remap, just to see how much I can improve.
I think you are referring to the catalytic convertor here.
From what you have mentioned, I feel the cat con is left as it, which is the header in this case, and the pipe after the cat con to the end muffler has been replaced probably with the wrong sized one . Basically a wrong set up without any research done on the size/length etc.

If you need a FFE, you will have to get rid of the cat con or it will not make any difference. Also get the right set up for the rest of the exhaust system or it will do more harm than help.
A well set up FFE with a K&N intake will increase the pick up marginally, but may or may not affect the top, but will not reduce the top end for sure.
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2014, 07:25   #290

Hi Tharian,

Cat con is left as it is. the end muffler has been replaced . Header for ikon looks like 4x1.
As you said, it probably is a wrong setup. Where do you think I can get this setup properly in Bangalore? The current one was done at FRK racing.
But i loved their suspension job though. They modified my suspension (made it stiffer) and it was awesome to drive through the twisting and pot holed road to gundlupet through chamarajnagar from bangalore.
Old 13th July 2014, 10:56   #291
BHPian

Have you spoken to frk and asked their opinion on this ? What do they have to say ?

Something like a FFE should be a no brainer for them.

Last edited by amarpreet99 : 13th July 2014 at 10:58.
amarpreet99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2014, 13:10   #292

Haven't asked them yet. Will take it to them some time soon.
Old 18th January 2016, 14:07   #293
BHPian

Hi all,

Need a quick help on contact information to get a FFE for my friend's Fabia Petrol (Custom).

Who would be the right person to get it done here in Bangalore?

Thanks in advance.
fusionbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 15:46   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Hi all,

Need a quick help on contact information to get a FFE for my friend's Fabia Petrol (Custom).

Who would be the right person to get it done here in Bangalore?

Thanks in advance.
Isn't Raj Hingorani the best in Bangalore when it comes to FFE / headers etc?
swiftnfurious is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 21:39   #295
BHPian

Post Re: Free Flow Exhaust in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Who would be the right person to get it done here in Bangalore ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Isn't Raj Hingorani the best in Bangalore when it comes to FFE / headers etc ?
If you're in South Bangalore, you also might want to check out Code-6 / Bay-6 on Hosa-Road.

I recently had my cars' exhaust done up at Code-6 & the result was above & beyond my expectations.

They specialize in stainless-steel exhausts & you'll find the folks there ( ask for Sajan ) extremely down-to-Earth & pragmatic.
im_srini is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 11:08   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
If you're in South Bangalore, you also might want to check out Code-6 / Bay-6 on Hosa-Road.

I recently had my cars' exhaust done up at Code-6 & the result was above & beyond my expectations.

They specialize in stainless-steel exhausts & you'll find the folks there ( ask for Sajan ) extremely down-to-Earth & pragmatic.
Do you mind sharing the cost of the FFE in SS, I am looking to get a FFE done for Swift in near future.
invincible7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 10:06   #297
BHPian

Smile Re: Free Flow Exhaust in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
Do you mind sharing the cost of the FFE in SS, I am looking to get a FFE done for Swift in near future.
Hello,
Here's the short version :

Work Done
  • SS piping from headers to resonator
  • SS Resonator
  • SS piping from resonator to end-can
Costing
  • Material Cost : 6,590
  • Labor Cost : 3,500

And, the long version :
My car already had an FFE going into Bay-6 / Code-6, although it was in steel & from 9 years ago ( from Elektra, Chennai ).
The main aim was to reduce the loudness of the exhaust & terrible highway drone while still retaining it's 'character'.
The folks at Code-6 advised me to leave the steel headers in place & use a resonator to tone down the exhaust.
Which is what was done - the section between the flex-coupling & the end-can was changed out with a new, larger, SS pipe, & resonator.
The effect was spot-on & precisely what I wanted, moreover, the quality of the fabrication was awesome !

Last edited by im_srini : 20th January 2016 at 10:09.
im_srini is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2016, 18:08   #298
Senior - BHPian

I need some help for a friends 118 NE.

It has headers. The rest of the pipes are in bad shape. It needs to be custom built including an end can. Its pretty much one straight pipe that connects to the end can. Now that I cant get the original type pipe, I have no option but to get one done custom. Whom do you guys suggest who would do it value for money non fancy price?
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2016, 22:55   #299
BHPian

Hello bhpians,
I am planning to do a header and FFE mod on my swift vxi 2006 model.

Are there any reliable sources in Pune to get the job done?

Any help would be highly appreciated.
rosaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2016, 16:49   #300
BHPian

Hi guys, any leads for getting a ffe fabricated in delhi. i've been in touch with the automech dealer here and it's a no go. just got my advance back after a delay of almost 2 months. this is for the k series swift. i know this is the wrong thread for this. Mods please feel free to move this to the appropriate section.

Last edited by lilMonSter : 19th September 2016 at 16:52. Reason: adding information
lilMonSter is offline   Reply With Quote