Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2008, 19:21   #1
BHPian

Default GPS - Which is better, MapmyIndia or SatGuide?

I've been bitten by the GPS bug and am looking for a GPS device for use in my car. I've been adviced that a PDA/Mobile with GPS capabilities is a better bet than a stand-alone GPS device. Did so googling and came up with MapmyIndia and SatGuide, both offering maps for download, for mobiles and stand-alone solutions.

To say the truth,I'm sort of inclined towards stand-alone GPS than one integrated with a mobile, purely cause I wont be able to use a camera mobile (almost all PDAs and GPS enabled mobiles have camera) in office. The websites I looked into are:

Personal Navigation Device | PND | India

MapmyIndia Navigator - India's choice in In-car GPS navigation

I need advice on the following:

1. Which is better in terms of map coverage and accuracy?
2. What about map upgrades? How much do they cost?
3. Are there any other service providers?

In addition, it would be great if users could pen-down (type!!) your experience with GPS. MapmyIndia and SatGuide claim to cover 200+ Cities and all road-ways, so utterly confused!!

Mods: Hope this is the right section to post this query, if not please do the needful.

Last edited by unni.ak : 28th November 2008 at 19:23. Reason: Note to Mods.
unni.ak is offline   (1) Thanks

Old 28th November 2008, 19:47   #2
Team-BHP Support

Check this link for the needful

Closed
Closed Thread