Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2008, 17:13   #1
BHPian
 
live2drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 525
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Need Info on wiper blades for Verna.

Any idea what is the OEM size of the wipers for verna?
Need to replace the current ones as they have started sqeaking.
Also, should i go for syndicate or bosch?
Need info on twinblade wipers.
Dealers in delhi/ncr?
Thnx in advance.

Regards,
live2drive
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 17:18   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
vikram_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,380
Thanked: 936 Times
Default

Just take a measuring tape and measure them. That is all there is to it. The twin blade ones will cause scratch marks on your windshield. Dont go in for them.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 17:21   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
hellstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

i changed to BOSCH a couple of month back and they have been giving me good results since then . I do not remember the size of the blades but i remember they cost me in the neighbourhood of about rs 400.

Somehow i have had bad experiences with Syndicate IMHO you should stick to BOSCH
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 17:31   #4
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,890 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Somehow i have had bad experiences with Syndicate IMHO you should stick to BOSCH
My Viva ran 33K kms with Syndicate and i changed them couple of weeks back with again Syndicate. Cost was approximately 400 bucks
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 18:17   #5
BHPian
 
live2drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 525
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Thnx guys. Will go and purchase the bosch blades and give the necessary update.
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 18:27   #6
BHPian
 
sameel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: cochin
Posts: 268
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

yes thats the best thing dont think of putting in the OEM ones. they cost a freaking 1450 rs!! i did it. my dad doesnt allow anything outside of the MGF showroom

but yes they are good. none the less.

but lets be practical go for bosch ones i can vouch for them there is a better grade for 900something from Bosch itself. they are also top notch but will show their prowess in extreme conditions only.

and yes for those who want blaukpunkt anything CAR systems i meant can approach me in CBE. any bosch employ gets 18% discount for navigation systems and a cool 15% discount for car audio stuff. we will see what can be done.Bosch power tools and pressure jets also we get cool discounts. keep it a secret ok. haha lolz.

Last edited by sameel : 5th December 2008 at 18:29.
sameel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 18:32   #7
BHPian
 
live2drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 525
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
yes thats the best thing dont think of putting in the OEM ones. they cost a freaking 1450 rs!! i did it. my dad doesnt allow anything outside of the MGF showroom

but yes they are good. none the less.

but lets be practical go for bosch ones i can vouch for them there is a better grade for 900something from Bosch itself. they are also top notch but will show their prowess in extreme conditions only.

and yes for those who want blaukpunkt anything CAR systems i meant can approach me in CBE. any bosch employ gets 18% discount for navigation systems and a cool 15% discount for car audio stuff. we will see what can be done.Bosch power tools and pressure jets also we get cool discounts. keep it a secret ok. haha lolz.
Exactly, the A.S.S. sells the wiper blades for 1000+, those crappy ones.
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 18:35   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
hellstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
yes thats the best thing dont think of putting in the OEM ones. they cost a freaking 1450 rs!! i did it. my dad doesnt allow anything outside of the MGF showroom


but lets be practical go for bosch ones i can vouch for them there is a better grade for 900something from Bosch itself. they are also top notch but will show their prowess in extreme conditions only.

and yes for those who want blaukpunkt anything CAR systems i meant can approach me in CBE. any bosch employ gets 18% discount for navigation systems and a cool 15% discount for car audio stuff. we will see what can be done.Bosch power tools and pressure jets also we get cool discounts. keep it a secret ok. haha lolz.

Actually my service advisor at Hyundai A.S.S told me about the rs 900 Bosch wipers but i could not source them , he even advised me against the OEM ones hehehe...

So now i know whom i can contact if i wanna buy some BOSCH stuff ! i had a couple of friends but one of them got flown to Japan and another one to germany for the next three years , both were in QA.
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2008, 10:20   #9
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: goa
Posts: 981
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Go to the Bosch India website. They have a chart somewhere with the various wiper replacements for various Indian cars. I used that to replace my Baleno blades. The Bosch replacements are super silent, and very, very effective. If I remember rightly they cost me around 350/- for the pair, whilst I paid over 700/- for my Hyundai OEM last year for the Getz !
The part number for your Verna is 3 397 010 055.
Bosch is really worth it.

Last edited by filcord : 6th December 2008 at 10:39.
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2008, 11:19   #10
BHPian
 
live2drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 525
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Go to the Bosch India website. They have a chart somewhere with the various wiper replacements for various Indian cars. I used that to replace my Baleno blades. The Bosch replacements are super silent, and very, very effective. If I remember rightly they cost me around 350/- for the pair, whilst I paid over 700/- for my Hyundai OEM last year for the Getz !
The part number for your Verna is 3 397 010 055.
Bosch is really worth it.
Thanks for the info.
I'll surely have a look at the website.
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2008, 11:21   #11
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: goa
Posts: 981
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

sorry for multiple posts. I could not find the file giving the various wiper sizes, and I knew I had it somewhere, then the period to edit my last post expired..
Anyway, here it is, all the various replacement blade sizes.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 395_wiper Blade leaflet_final.pdf (218.4 KB, 1405 views)
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2008, 11:53   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
sorry for multiple posts. I could not find the file giving the various wiper sizes, and I knew I had it somewhere, then the period to edit my last post expired..
Anyway, here it is, all the various replacement blade sizes.
This file is very much useful to everyone. Thank you for the same.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2008, 16:41   #13
BHPian
 
live2drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 525
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
sorry for multiple posts. I could not find the file giving the various wiper sizes, and I knew I had it somewhere, then the period to edit my last post expired..
Anyway, here it is, all the various replacement blade sizes.
Thanx a lot buddy. Pdf is quite useful.
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 11:50   #14
BHPian
 
Shashank.A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 479
Thanked: Once
Default

Thanks for the info guys, just called the Delhi number from the PDF file, they gave me the address of the dealer in Karol Bagh.

The person also said that their blades are made with such a technology that even of they are used without water, they will not hard the windscreen. They have reverse action.
Shashank.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 12:36   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
Thanks for the info guys, just called the Delhi number from the PDF file, they gave me the address of the dealer in Karol Bagh.

The person also said that their blades are made with such a technology that even of they are used without water, they will not hard the windscreen. They have reverse action.
Without Water - was a new information for me. Nice to know that. Thank you for sharing.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to change wiper blades: A pictorial guide johy Technical Stuff 14 2nd December 2015 23:46
New Bosch Wiper Blades Squeeky..! wolfinstein Technical Stuff 32 1st October 2008 16:30
Bosch Wiper Blades - Bad Experience vigsom Technical Stuff 29 22nd March 2008 03:17
Accent Viva-Wiper Blades Issue mobike008 Technical Stuff 16 21st February 2008 01:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks