Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 16th December 2008, 20:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

I think you are at a risk of losing your 3 year warranty. I dont think its a good idea to void the warranty of a Palio.
vinit.merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 21:48   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
I think you are at a risk of losing your 3 year warranty. I dont think its a good idea to void the warranty of a Palio.
If its plug and play w/o any alteration to the stock wiring etc then there is no problem,Like a pete's box can be removed and installed in about 15-20mins.
noidaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 03:51   #18
BHPian

For petrols, I'd probably consider race dynamics. But for a diesel, my first choice would be a Pete's box (not remap). I have seen, on several makes, what they can do.
GTO - Touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 11:03   #19
Ice
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
I'd suggest irrespective of where you are based get some user reviews first.Any car which has been running safely with either of the 2 ECU's would be good enough.
I haven't found any on our site...will try and get some reviews from Pete's and Karthik at RD

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Also give a thought to the warrenty.I hope both are user removable when you give the car for servicing so that you don't have warranty problems.
I am pretty sure the warranty will get voided if they find out. But both the boxes are removable, and there is no change to the wiring.
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 11:05   #20
Ice
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Vinit,
Thanks for your concern. I have owned an Uno and a Petra in the past and I will never do anything that voids the warranty. I'd be broke before Christmas!
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote