Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 27th March 2009, 19:24   #151
BANNED

nope not gun metal grey this time. what we are doing is .... a surprise cant disclose now ..but its different .
Old 27th March 2009, 22:06   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
hey thanks navpreet and ricky sir .... i'm just waiting to drive the car first and initially we ( arush and physically present me) will try to tune the car and i think going the trial and error way we should be able to get the beast running.
I am sure you guys know what you are doing,trial & error in a forced induction vehicle is a big no... no... especially in your case since your car was in workshop for past 10 months, its not worth taking risk after you get the car after such a long break. but even if you guys still decide to go ahead here's a few key points which i would highly recommend.

1) Setup your ECU/Standalone first in N.A mode.
2) Put the stock injectors which came with engine & set it up with your standalone.
3) First tune your light & part throttle driving conditions in open loop mode
4) get your car to idle properly, it should not die once you leave throttle immediately during driving.
5) Get a wideband installed before you start tuning & datalog the AFR based as per your load & RPM.
6) install an E.G.T & keep monitoring your EGT & log the readings.
7) once you get above things right then install uprated injectors (if any) & fine tune your fueling again for light,part throttle & wot runs.
8) Now if you feel the standalone is setup correctly, start to boost the motor gradually with lowest boost possible preferably 4 or 7 psi depending upon what W.G spring you have.
9) fine tune your AFR with conservative ignition tune
10) keep monitoring on EGT,AFR,Knock values.
11) get a set of gauges namely oil pressure,oil temperature,boost/vaccum
12) Tune the car in different weather conditions, late in night & during Hot climatic conditions, with a major variation in climatic condition in Delhi i will recommend to retune your car during the Cold weather conditions in month of Nov-DEc.

I hope it helps

all the best...!
Old 27th March 2009, 22:30   #153
BHPian

You should charge for your tuning advice, these are things people rarely share.
Old 27th March 2009, 22:42   #154
BANNED

Thanks for the advice ford rocam would surely tell arush to keep that in mind as personally i dont't have enough knowledge about tuning and stuff but by trial and error i didnt literally mean just trial and error and i think after soo much arush would be capable of doing it up so lets see what happens . But any ways thanks for the advice man i know this would help us ...really appreciate it .
cheers
accord masters
Old 28th March 2009, 10:58   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the advice ford rocam would surely tell arush to keep that in mind as personally i dont't have enough knowledge about tuning and stuff but by trial and error i didnt literally mean just trial and error and i think after soo much arush would be capable of doing it up so lets see what happens . But any ways thanks for the advice man i know this would help us ...really appreciate it .
cheers
accord masters

Keep your fingers firmly crossed my friend. What Ford Rocam has shared is serious education, knowing that he has achieved a 300+ hp after a lot of trials & tribulations ! Hats off to Jitu.

Cheers
Old 4th April 2009, 17:07   #156
Senior - BHPian

Any updates ??? Have the new parts been put in yet ? Hope to see some action happening here soon.

Cheers
Old 15th April 2009, 09:37   #157
Senior - BHPian

@ accordmasters

any updates ?? It's been a while I thought.
Old 15th April 2009, 21:22   #158
Senior - BHPian

yeah give us an update.would like to know if the car is running perfectly now or not.

rev
Old 16th April 2009, 00:26   #159
BANNED

sadly still waiting for the ecu as u guys already now the pace of the progress here.....
Old 16th April 2009, 02:07   #160
Senior - BHPian

i thought 25th march was going to be the day you drive it out or get it towed out.how much longer is it going to take ? when is the next deadline ?
Old 16th April 2009, 09:18   #161
BANNED

Quote:
the ecu is actually in the states so waiting for it to come back . The ecu was sent to the guy who was providing us with the megasquirt fuel injection system for some technical reasons that i couldnt understand . Both the ecu and the megasquirt have been couriered back to india on the 21st.
cheers
accord masters
Quote:
sadly still waiting for the ecu as u guys already now the pace of the progress here.....

Hi,

You mean to say the ECU has not reached Delhi when it was "sent" via courier on the 21st of March 2009.

Or is that the ECU has arrived but not yet installed and/or tuned.

Buddy even if it wa sent using ordinary USPS it would have reached you in a max of 2 weeks from the date of actual dispatch. Am sure you already know that.

Viper
Old 16th April 2009, 09:39   #162
Senior - BHPian

From what I can see there IS NO progress, only assurances. Hats off to you Accordmasters for your patience.

All the best.
Old 16th April 2009, 11:24   #163
BANNED

well sir im just waiting for the ecu now not going to hear nething after that as people i know told me that nothing else should hold back the project and thus i think id post a reply after the ecu is here if you get what i mean
Old 17th April 2009, 15:06   #164
BHPian

i agree with viper ... thats hell of a long wait for a M.S., plus i dont know if your getting the wiring harnes made with it(thanks to the friendly forums which are open to one and all or if this task is going to be attempted here ? if it is thats another long wait given the past rate of progress.all i can say is hats of you for your patience, and dosnt speak so highly about the tooners wosk ethics which of late a lot of people are seeing the true picture... thou still behind the scenes. work like this only disuades customers from taking the plunge to mod there cars...

given racedynamics, zakie/viper and krupesh with emanage why are you buying M.S ? its hell of a lot cheaper for sure but what you save in price you loose in putting it together (even if you assemble it from a vendor abroad). but the tooners know best ...

just my 2 cents am sure all the experts could comment on this further...
Old 17th April 2009, 15:41   #165
Senior - BHPian

Pardon my ignorance, but I thought it was just getting the ECU (pre-programmed) & plugging it in..where does the wiring harness come into the picture ?? Is it needed for the new injectors ??

Well I think I better stay out of this techy stuff of which I understand little !! My only & main area of interest is to see the car go zip-zap-zoom !!

Cheers
Closed Thread