Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 17th April 2009, 20:09   #166
BANNED

guys personally i am NOT a patient person but in this case its just the end result that is keeping me hooked on to the project ... i don't need to say any thing else about the progress but lately something happened which i guess is usual ... no picking up calls i guess its time i look for a new tuner who could complete this and give me what i expected out of this... i mean why is it so hard for people to just commit a deadline to which they can stick to .
@ viper - i totally agree with you , i mean the accord ecu was back on time .. but last when i asked about the bmw ecu i was told that its stuck in customs and im confused that it isnt a new thing thats being imported so why would the customs be soo involved in it ....

Any one wanting to help me out on this please contact me as i think i would need someone to fix this up ...????
i guess this is a big example which shows how committed people are in delhi ......
accord masters
disappointed and angry

Last edited by accord masters : 17th April 2009 at 20:11.
Old 17th April 2009, 20:25   #167
Senior - BHPian

Arjun

Firstly sorry to hear your plight, FINALLY IN YOUR words - at long last.

Please do not say "how people are in Delhi" - it depends on where you put your chips. Wisdom does not come easy nor cheap, but it does come some day..

Not responding to calls - I thought that has happened before !!

What more can I say ??

Hope your car is sorted out by some "competent" guy who understands engines

All the best !

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 17th April 2009 at 20:33.
Old 18th April 2009, 22:27   #168
BANNED

hey guys , did some research about my e34 today and called up a few people to check if the parts that i had were according to my needs or not...and guess what ... i was being ripped off i.e cheated . Was told by sources that the engine i had the 2.0 ltr had been bored ( i dont know if this is the right term or not ) out to a 2.5 ltr so basically the engine is now a 2.5 ltr engine but the block is of the 2.0 ltr engine . What i can derive from that is that the 2.5 ltr engine was ordered and the parts were taken from that and put in the bored out 2.0 ltr engine, which themselves had to be replaced with the forged internals that were supposed to be ordered according to the plan.
secondly was the turbo ... i was told that id be having a garrett turbo in it but the current turbo is some IHI turbo which might also be used.
Was been told that the brakes have been ordered which apparently have not been .
Guys cant explain how i felt when i heard all of this , as if it was a long planned rip off to be carried out . I did try to call and reconfirm if all of this had happened or not but i guess a customer isn't supposed to call a professional to check about the work he wants to get done because here the calls are never answered & messages never replied back.
Going to tow away the car on monday as it as and looking for some one competent enough who could make this happen without being materialistic, as in expense was never an issue to realize this dream of mine but sometimes i guess "PROFIT" is the only motive that people have in their mind..so anyone who could fix this car please contact would be delighted to work with a car lover again .
accord masters

Last edited by accord masters : 18th April 2009 at 22:31.
Old 18th April 2009, 22:33   #169
Senior - BHPian

hey accordmaster

its really sad to hear whats been happening with you.its been such a long wait and after all that to hear this makes it even harder.i just hope you get things sorted out and it seems towing the car out is the only sensible option left.

hope things work out for you.

rev
Old 18th April 2009, 23:36   #170
Senior - BHPian

IHI is not a bad turbo brand - it just isn't as well known as Garett. It comes as OEM equipment on several high performance vehicles.

As for your engine being bored out... Well, if you ordered a 2.5L block and instead they gave you a 2L block bored to 2.5L, that's bad
Old 19th April 2009, 10:33   #171
Senior - BHPian

Ripped off? With what? All prices and parts list are online, you have seen them for yourself. Im hardly managing a break even leave alone profit on this project, and im doing it only for you.

I already told you that the MS deal didnt work out as the guy we bought it from was trying to charge extra later on for core and shipping, so i had to switch over to another supplier, if you want i can show u the transaction receipt.

The MS is enroute, the splice in wiring harness is being made and i have had been promised that it would have been shipped out by this weekend. I'll give it two more weeks for shipping and customs clearance since they only ship USPS and we have no choice but to wait for our postal department to process the parcel.

The Turbo is not a cheat turbo, its equally expensive as a garrett you have already seen the specs too, like many others on this forum would tell you.

The block thats currently on your car is your original 2.0 litre block bored to take the 2.5 block pistons. Your new 2.5 block is kept as it is because the forged internals will go into it later on. I took out the pistons from your new block and put them into the old one purposely. If you dont belive me youre more than welcome to come and see for yourself.

Ask anyone, It is WRONG to re-machine an engine block over and over again thats why im SAVING your 2.5 block for the forged setup and using the bored 2.0 block as the test bed. Right now we need to run the car on standard internals so that we can set everything up.

Any tuner abroad or in india would tell you the same, to tune it on basic levels first and then advance from there.

Is there something wrong with that method of being safe and trying to utilize all our parts to their best? This way we have a backup without ruining our engine should something go horribly wrong.

Please do tell me if this is cheating to you?

Last edited by autopsyche : 19th April 2009 at 10:35.
Old 19th April 2009, 10:47   #172
BHPian

Come on guys. Really. Get together, have a smoke and sit face to face to sort this out.
Old 19th April 2009, 11:08   #173
Senior - BHPian

Also to add, it is double the amount of work this way working with two blocks, but its a much much safer and stronger method to get everything right. If i wasnt serious about it we could have dropped in the 2.5 block straight away and get done with it. Its double the labour cost too, but im not worried about that. Infact it came as a perfect opportunity to utilize the 2.0 block because both blocks are identical except for the piston diameter, and since we were gonna get new pistons later on anyway so why not!
Old 19th April 2009, 11:41   #174
BHPian

Been watching this thread for a long time now.

I guess you guys should sort out whatever doubts/ problems you have, off the forum and then get back here and post the updates. We all are eager to know how this car turns out in the end.
Old 19th April 2009, 11:48   #175
BHPian

well both the blocks are from the same M20 family BUT the 2L block has lessor/smaller water jackets compared to the 2.5L. and thats something was pointed out to you ages back...

just my two cents

'x'
Old 19th April 2009, 12:23   #176
Senior - BHPian

Yes it has one lesser water hole thats about 1mm for each cylinder.

hkanitkar, yes everyone here wants to see this thing go. Discussions continue to happen on and off the forum. At this stage all that matters is to get the work moving.
Old 19th April 2009, 14:29   #177
BANNED

whatever the case be i was always told that the car has the "new 2.5 ltr" engine put in it ... and wasn't even informed about this safety/ precautionary measure. For the turbo i would expect what i was told would be put in , in the first place i.e a garrett turbo.
Incase of megasquirt the first deadlinew was 25th march then d 12th of april and now its the 19th of april with no ecu in hand but just more waiting time.
All the time what i was told about the project was simply made up stuff then and not the exact details of what was happening.
Old 19th April 2009, 14:37   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
whatever the case be i was always told that the car has the "new 2.5 ltr" engine put in it ... and wasn't even informed about this safety/ precautionary measure. For the turbo i would expect what i was told would be put in , in the first place i.e a garrett turbo.
Incase of megasquirt the first deadlinew was 25th march then d 12th of april and now its the 19th of april with no ecu in hand but just more waiting time.
All the time what i was told about the project was simply made up stuff then and not the exact details of what was happening.
Have you been able to get a hold of them outside of this forum? Good luck to you! I hope you get your car back soon .
Old 19th April 2009, 15:00   #179
Senior - BHPian

Well i think you should spend a day with me at the workshop and go over the entire build part by part so as to clear any confusions. Sure you want the turbo swapped to garrett, we'll do it to satisfy you. The MS got delayed because of the change in supplier which i had already told you when you came the last time as to why we didnt receive it but its on its way now, only crossing fingers that customs dont act up. I do hope you come and spend a little time with me to go over everything so that you have all the exact details of whats happening and whats not.
Old 19th April 2009, 15:05   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
Ripped off? With what? All prices and parts list are online, you have seen them for yourself. Im hardly managing a break even leave alone profit on this project, and im doing it only for you.

Any project which runs into 14 months can surely shave your profits

I already told you that the MS deal didnt work out as the guy we bought it from was trying to charge extra later on for core and shipping, so i had to switch over to another supplier, if you want i can show u the transaction receipt.

Why the delay - found out at the 11th hour ?

The MS is enroute, the splice in wiring harness is being made and i have had been promised that it would have been shipped out by this weekend. I'll give it two more weeks for shipping and customs clearance since they only ship USPS and we have no choice but to wait for our postal department to process the parcel.

14 months ??? Did you not anticipate this much in advance & place the order accordingly ?

The Turbo is not a cheat turbo, its equally expensive as a garrett you have already seen the specs too, like many others on this forum would tell you.

Agreed - but what was committed was a garrett

The block thats currently on your car is your original 2.0 litre block bored to take the 2.5 block pistons. Your new 2.5 block is kept as it is because the forged internals will go into it later on. I took out the pistons from your new block and put them into the old one purposely. If you dont belive me youre more than welcome to come and see for yourself.

Without informing the customer ?? Are the engine mounts the same on the 2L & the 2.5L blocks ??

Ask anyone, It is WRONG to re-machine an engine block over and over again thats why im SAVING your 2.5 block for the forged setup and using the bored 2.0 block as the test bed. Right now we need to run the car on standard internals so that we can set everything up.

Customer not taken into confidence ??

Any tuner abroad or in india would tell you the same, to tune it on basic levels first and then advance from there.

In which case you could have simply put in the 2.5L new engine & run it & done all the "tooning" bit later

Is there something wrong with that method of being safe and trying to utilize all our parts to their best? This way we have a backup without ruining our engine should something go horribly wrong.

Has it not gone wrong already ?? The car does not run !! What can be worse ?

Please do tell me if this is cheating to you?

Disclaimer : Kindly note that all of my observations are from a totally objective prespective. I niether gain nor loose from the car running or not running.

It seems unfair for a car to be sitting in a workshop for 14 months & there are a new set of troubles each time
Closed Thread