Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 19th April 2009, 15:11   #181
Senior - BHPian

Hahaha Ricky. If it wasnt for the disclaimer, anyone reading this thread for the last few pages would assume you have other interests. Of course you have nothing to gain or lose from the car running, just like other tens of thousnads of members innit!
Old 19th April 2009, 15:22   #182
Senior - BHPian

Ha ha ha ha !! Ya sure my "other interest" would be to see the car run how it was supposed to after all these months, as would a lot of other members on this forum !!
Old 19th April 2009, 16:10   #183
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Agree with Ricky, the customer should have been informed or taken into confidence before deviating from the actual committment.

No doubt Brand A will be as good as Brand B or maybe better, but if the customer has been promised Brand B, and is given Brand A, he will definitely feel cheated.

I guess you guys need to discuss this out and inform accordmasters on each stage of the development and decide on a fixed timeline and stick to it. I'm sure he wouldnt mind a confirmed 6-month timeline too as long as you stick to it.
Old 19th April 2009, 19:21   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Agree with Ricky, the customer should have been informed or taken into confidence before deviating from the actual committment.

No doubt Brand A will be as good as Brand B or maybe better, but if the customer has been promised Brand B, and is given Brand A, he will definitely feel cheated.

I guess you guys need to discuss this out and inform accordmasters on each stage of the development and decide on a fixed timeline and stick to it. I'm sure he wouldnt mind a confirmed 6-month timeline too as long as you stick to it.

Totally agree with your POV.. BUT had that been followed, one would not be facing the situation that one is facing today !!!!!

If a customer's calls are not taken & he is led to believe unrealistic timelines (which has been the case here) I really shudder to think beyond this !

Anyway, either which way, we will hopefully see a conclusion of this story tommorow.

Cheers
Old 19th April 2009, 20:36   #185
BHPian

Again??? I hate to be the one chiming in at the last moment on all the BMW threads it seems, but due to a bit of experience with these cars since I was young, and having lived in a place where BMWs are heavily tuned ie: Cali

What surprises me is every tuner makes a "complete" parts list prior to receiving the car, and this is then approved by the customer.

Arush I know you follow this as well, having dealt with you in the past and almost taking the plunge myself. I have to be frank that I'm really glad my dad talked me out of it!

But what still surprises me is why weren't all the parts ordered before time? It doesn't make sense for the customer to have had to wait so long for the ECU to have been ordered. It should've been with you shortly after the project started. And having had some experience with MS, god save the poor soul playing around with MS in India!

Again I have nothing to loose or gain from this, but am totally shocked as per the difference between the tuning scene here and the US, it's a difference of night and day. [Not talking about quality or workmanship]
Old 19th April 2009, 20:59   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Again??? I hate to be the one chiming in at the last moment on all the BMW threads it seems, but due to a bit of experience with these cars since I was young, and having lived in a place where BMWs are heavily tuned ie: Cali

What surprises me is every tuner makes a "complete" parts list prior to receiving the car, and this is then approved by the customer.

Arush I know you follow this as well, having dealt with you in the past and almost taking the plunge myself. I have to be frank that I'm really glad my dad talked me out of it!

But what still surprises me is why weren't all the parts ordered before time? It doesn't make sense for the customer to have had to wait so long for the ECU to have been ordered. It should've been with you shortly after the project started. And having had some experience with MS, god save the poor soul playing around with MS in India!

Again I have nothing to loose or gain from this, but am totally shocked as per the difference between the tuning scene here and the US, it's a difference of night and day. [Not talking about quality or workmanship]

+++++++1 to all of that..I am glad that "someone without vested interests" is singing the same song !! LOL

Cheers
Old 19th April 2009, 21:26   #187
BANNED

guys the thing that made me angry was that work was going on in a totally different direction and i was being told something else ... and plus all the small things like things not being on time and no response to calls that gets on your nerves and now its again back to the waiting ... would be heading over there tomorrow to sort things out because for now i'm wanting to take the car and all the stuff that has been ordered out of there and just getting it done by someone else only because of the reason that i was not being told the truth about the project and was kept in d dark...
accord masters
Old 20th April 2009, 19:50   #188
BANNED

ohk guys update- the project has come to a HALT !!! have told autopsyche to stop any more work on the car and have already taken out all the parts that were ordered out of the workshop and will be towing the car out tomorrow morning as was unable to find a flat bed truck in time today .
Was a hard decision to take but i guess it had to be done according to where the project was heading as giving the car more time there was not making sense to me atleast but still not going to loose hope on this and would definitely complete this project and get what i aimed for .
cheers
accord masters
Old 20th April 2009, 19:55   #189
Senior - BHPian

Right, so me and accord masters went over it today.

It has been decided that the car is to be taken back. Im handing over the car to accord masters with all of his older parts and the new parts that have been paid for.

Issues that led to the call off
- Time frame went beyond imagination
- Turbo was of a different brand than mentioned
- 2.0 block was bored to 2.5 without prior information
- 60% of the parts esitmate was paid for and ordered, parts left were awaiting payment

I hate to see my favorite project leave the workshop, but i would have done the same if i was in accordmasters place so i totally side with him on his point of view.

I dont need to say this, but im not ashamed of mentioning that I duly apologize to him privately and publicly for not being able to complete the car as promised.

I wish nothing but the very best from the bottom of my heart to accord masters with his car. This car deserves to go fast, it is meant to be. So please do continue with the build, ill be very happy to see it get completed.

A note of acknoledgement to all tbhpians who have been with me and accord masters throughout this while on and off the thread, thank you for all your inputs and understanding.

And i promise, this will be the first and the last car to leave our place unfinished. As the saying goes, everything that happens, happens for the best.

Good luck to accordmasters and his beloved E34 once more.

Regards,

Arush
Old 20th April 2009, 19:58   #190
Senior - BHPian

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
ohk guys update- the project has come to a HALT !!! have told autopsyche to stop any more work on the car and have already taken out all the parts that were ordered out of the workshop and will be towing the car out tomorrow morning as was unable to find a flat bed truck in time today .
Was a hard decision to take but i guess it had to be done according to where the project was heading as giving the car more time there was not making sense to me atleast but still not going to loose hope on this and would definitely complete this project and get what i aimed for .
cheers
accord masters

14 months & a lot of heartaches & a lot of $$$$$ later the car is coming out on a tow truck - not driven out Better late than never.

I just hope & wish that you are able to realize the true potential of the car with someone who works "sincerely" on your car.

It is indeed very sad that what was promised was NOT delivered & worse you were told things which were not even happening..I hope a lot of people will learn from this experience.

Best of Luck !!

P.S. I think I need to enroll for PR lessons

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 20th April 2009 at 20:07.
Old 20th April 2009, 20:07   #191
BANNED

parts left were awaiting payment ???? are the brakes here for which the payment was made ...dont get me started on this we already had this discussion .
Old 20th April 2009, 20:12   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
parts left were awaiting payment ???? are the brakes here for which the payment was made ...dont get me started on this we already had this discussion .

If you have paid for the brakes, I am sure you'd get them. Must be a slip on Arush's part.

Cheers
Old 20th April 2009, 20:15   #193
BANNED

The estimate of the advance that i was given included the payment for brakes which was paid for and which haven't been ordered as of now.
Old 20th April 2009, 21:17   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The estimate of the advance that i was given included the payment for brakes which was paid for and which haven't been ordered as of now.

Brakes not ORDERED after 14 months !! I just dont get this...such a non-serious approach ??

In which case you should get your money back !
Old 20th April 2009, 21:31   #195
BHPian

I have been following this thread for a long time now. Fiascos like this give tuning a bad name. I just hope people dont get deterred by this. Its really sad to see that after a lot of time and money the car is no where.
Closed Thread