Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 20th April 2009, 21:46   #196
Senior - BHPian

Im overwhelmed by the pm's ive been receiving. Touced, is the right word. Sincere thanks to all.

Buddies, brakes were just one item of the whole package, i think youre forgetting there are tons of other parts on the list too that are on the car that i have paid for, what about them? Wont be able to post again tonight, but id love to catch up on this discussion tomorrow. Cheerios.
Old 20th April 2009, 23:14   #197
BANNED

so was i supposed to pay for the whole build in advance ??? because as far as i know that doesnt happen in most of the contracts / projects
Old 20th April 2009, 23:40   #198
BHPian

Dude i completely understand, always happened the same with for my old cell, i gave it to a guy who is my dad's friend's brother, so i thought i could trust him.
He took it in december and gave it in march, the best part is here to come.
When i gave my cell, it was dead as my sweat had gotten in according to sony guys it would cost around 1k for everything, but when he didnt give for a long time i wanted it back, so after a month of arguing for giving it back he did, but, he said that the phone is just the way it was earlier, so it shouldnt be working right, but he says, "It is just the way it was before repairs, the screen is not working", even though the phone was dead and the screen was fine, so i knew he had replaced the screen but didnt want to take any more chances so just took it back the way it was.
I went to sony guys and they said that it had been repair by a guy who either doesnt know what he is doing or wanting to damage the piece, also the bluetooh antena was removed, the camera was also broken.
So morel is that these things happen and we can never know why, i found out from a friend staying near his shop to enquire about him, and to my utter surprise, his reputation was very good, he was infact a 'reliable and honest' person, so dont know why he did this to me, even though i bought a N82 worth 20k and a N85 worth 23k from him.So accord, just leave the past if possible and start afresh, it is best not to keep grudges as they hurt us more than them.
Anyways, everyone enjoy life, you get it only once.
Old 21st April 2009, 00:22   #199
BANNED

abhayshanu - i agree with you . The only thing i have in my mind is getting the car up and running ...everyone is aware of what has happened and i personally dont want to say stuff about anyone here . Incase of the e34 it feels as if starting from scratch again ...lets see hoping for the best now
Old 21st April 2009, 00:31   #200
BHPian

Talking

Thats the spirit, lol, i sound like a grand pa,
but anyways best of luck to you to get your car running and to me also to get a car.
Old 21st April 2009, 00:42   #201
BANNED

cheers for a new start then ...go for d vrs
Old 21st April 2009, 00:49   #202
BHPian

ya,maybe will, just talking to owner about the maintainance, rest all i can take care off, if i am not going to be paying through the nose just to keep it in a average driving condition.
Old 21st April 2009, 01:18   #203
Senior - BHPian

So ends the project.

AutoPsyche workshop has so far only been getting great reviews. This looks like an exception so, I guess we need to let the Tuner explain the roadblocks and issue he faced.

Either way Accord its sad you were at the receiving end. Hope you find a good Garage to get he on road.
Old 21st April 2009, 10:14   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
So ends the project.

AutoPsyche workshop has so far only been getting great reviews. This looks like an exception so, I guess we need to let the Tuner explain the roadblocks and issue he faced.

Either way Accord its sad you were at the receiving end. Hope you find a good Garage to get he on road.

That is because Autopsyche is VERY GOOD with body work & that is mostly what has been posted.

Engines & mechanicals are another story. My own car was done by Arush. The porting polishing for which I was charged was not even done , which I discovered much later..& not to talk of the MIVEC fiasco.

Yes, he is good at modifications, body kits, 2 door conversions & the like, no denying that.

My car (Lancer) was to be painted in a paint booth, as assured by Autopsyche, later I found out he does not even have a paint booth, what do you call that ? Ethical ?

The paint cracked in 3 months, mind you mine was not the ONLY case, he offered to re-do it, he did, but without scrubbing off all the paint, the problem resurfaced after, 2-3 months. This time I insisted on seeing bare sheet metal, before the paint work is started & sure enough this time around the paint was great. But my leather interior was ruined.

I was told they use only 3M putty etc for the paint. Fact is local sub-standard putty is used, which is why the paint kept going bad.

Anyway....

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 21st April 2009 at 10:22.
Old 21st April 2009, 10:22   #205
Senior - BHPian

Well at least it is good to come out in the open. Sad to know about what actually goes on behind the scenes.
Old 21st April 2009, 10:36   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Damn, talk about washing dirty linen in public !
accord master- I hope you have found a competent workshop to continue the project? Must not let her rust after all these efforts.
Old 21st April 2009, 12:55   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
so was i supposed to pay for the whole build in advance ??? because as far as i know that doesnt happen in most of the contracts / projects
I insist that you should really ask that question to all the tuners/workshops present on the forum.

Ricky63, Our work is very transparent and you have been visiting the workshop almost every other day whenever your car was here. Every work and every deal was kept in the open with you. Whatever your concerns were, were addressed to as and when we worked on your car. We re-did the whole car for you free of cost because of a batch of faulty putty that was supplied and there were two cars that that time that had to be redone. No denying that. And you know from day one we dont have an inhouse paintbooth and that we outsource the paintbooth from a neighbour, for which there were extra charges. Since this was like 2 yrs back and obviously you dont visit us anymore i guess you would prefer not to mention all this. No point in hijacking this thread further.

Ironwolf, yes i would definitely want to explain the issues we faced and why the delays happened in detail.
Old 21st April 2009, 14:09   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
That is because Autopsyche is VERY GOOD with body work & that is mostly what has been posted.

Engines & mechanicals are another story. My own car was done by Arush. The porting polishing for which I was charged was not even done , which I discovered much later..& not to talk of the MIVEC fiasco.

I was told they use only 3M putty etc for the paint. Fact is local sub-standard putty is used, which is why the paint kept going bad.

Anyway....
Ahh-Ha. I thought as much going with your tone, that you has some personal fiascos.

Also - The porting polishing - charged and not even done?? Wow.

Anyway....

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
Ironwolf, yes i would definitely want to explain the issues we faced and why the delays happened in detail.
Looking forward to it.
Old 21st April 2009, 14:20   #209
Senior - BHPian

.. very sorry to hear (read) about the entire thing.

reminds me very well of a fellow member "steeriod" s experience with some very famous tuner/me-ka-nik. some 8 months and 4.5 lacs with close to no restoration!

have a look:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-...r-project.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...t-part-ii.html

my sympathies..!
Old 21st April 2009, 14:22   #210
Senior - BHPian

Porting polishing charged for and not done? Now thats a joke. Two options, 1. Meet me somewhere and show me 2. take the benefit of doubt and i refund you for that charge. Your choice. Oh and the mivec fiasco, you paid advance, engine arrives damaged, money returned. Now thats what i call a fiasco! Everyone can see you have a pesonal grudge, finally youre speaking up sir!
Closed Thread