Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 21st April 2009, 14:51   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
Porting polishing charged for and not done? Now thats a joke. Two options, 1. Meet me somewhere and show me 2. take the benefit of doubt and i refund you for that charge. Your choice. Oh and the mivec fiasco, you paid advance, engine arrives damaged, money returned. Now thats what i call a fiasco! Everyone can see you have a pesonal grudge, finally youre speaking up sir!

I am glad to see your sense of humour. Charged for porting / polishing & job NOT done, you find THAT funny ?? Show you what ? I have sold the Lancer. You want to refund the money for the job not done ? I'd be happy if you did.

As for the MIVEC I paid 1L as advance, after all those infinite delays, during which you also mentioned that the "crating" is takeing time. The engine came in after all those weeks & months WITHOUT any packing !!

What did you think, I'd be kicked after waiting all the time that I did ? Yes you were kind enough to return the money, interesting you put no value for anyone's time, WASTED time that is.

As for personal grudge, (I see you have a great sense of humour).I think all the people who have met me at your garage (including your staff) or otherwise, would vouch for the fact that I am an easy going guy. BUT YES, time deadlines not adhered to & false promises get to me.
Old 21st April 2009, 15:00   #212
Senior - BHPian

Ricky, i'll be more than happy to refund you the money if you feel the porting job was not done. Since you have sold the car and we cant determine the work, please do expect a cheque coming over soon.

Also, you have been a great customer thats why we enjoyed working in each others company and i was always excited to do more stuff for you.

For the mivec yes we wasted a lot in waiting time first for the engine to arrive, and then for the refund. But please do tell me something honestly, at any given point of time during that transaction, did u ever feel and not tell me that i was at fault? I ordered it for you, i returned it for you, did i gain anything personally from it? Werent you personally in touch with the supplier to update both of us on the situation for the engine and for the refund. If any of these answers are a yes i will not add a word more.
Old 21st April 2009, 15:26   #213
BHPian

My 2 cents for Arush. You are missing Process here, 14 months is too long dear. Either you are not working with reliable resources/workers. Or you are to much over-confident that you will be able to do every job.
I saw here you didn't adhere to your commitment. Which is main key here. So only thing which you can not return is customer time and their confidence in you.
So forget this and start afresh. I would say you are lucky that you got customer like Accord Master otherwise you might be in big trouble.
Old 21st April 2009, 15:26   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ricky, i'll be more than happy to refund you the money if you feel the porting job was not done. Since you have sold the car and we cant determine the work, please do expect a cheque coming over soon.

Thanks that sounds nice. I will let you know who to make it payable to

Also, you have been a great customer thats why we enjoyed working in each others company and i was always excited to do more stuff for you.

Thanks once again for considering me a "good customer". Even I enjoyed working with you, as a person...but it was the casual attitude & lack of commitment that I never liked & told you so to your face.

For the mivec yes we wasted a lot in waiting time first for the engine to arrive, and then for the refund. But please do tell me something honestly, at any given point of time during that transaction, did u ever feel and not tell me that i was at fault? You were taking it very easy, that is it

I ordered it for you, i returned it for you, did i gain anything personally from it? Werent you personally in touch with the supplier to update both of us on the situation for the engine and for the refund. Yes I was in touch with the supplier BECAUSE you were taking it casually, I had paid what I had & was anxious about it (naturally). You may recall that I was procuring it thru some other supplier but on your insistence I cancelled that order & requested you to get it. You may also recall that a lot of stuff that was promised never came.

If any of these answers are a yes i will not add a word more.

Please note that I have no "personal grudge" against you. You are a fine guy. My problem is with the way things went at your place, laid back, casual, with no consideration for a customer's time. Wrong commitments & the like.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 21st April 2009 at 15:37.
Old 21st April 2009, 17:37   #215
Senior - BHPian

Right, the feedback is well appreciated. If you feel the attitude was casual ill accept, although both of us were in the same waiting boat and all both of could do was to email and call, and we did just that. I dont see whatelse i could have done for you at that point of time to make the attitude seem less casual.

If i had no consideration i could have just asked you to wait some more because you know i paid you half of the refund from my pocket and i had to wait another month to get that money back. But i didnt think twice about it because you were a customer and i had to take responsibility on my part because we are not a dealership or a roadside workshop to whom it wont make a dime of a difference, you were accomodating enough to wait for the other half of the payment to arrive on my request and i thank you for that.

Do drop by sometime even if not to get work done, lunch is on me
Old 21st April 2009, 19:32   #216
BANNED

well guys now i cant get the 14 months of my time back whatever i do and the only option is to write off that time ... the car is still in pieces right now standing at my place w/o the turbo and the other turbo parts . Got the engine and the old one which has been bored to a 2.5 ltr and i dont know what to do with that engine . Was wanting to sell it off as a 2.0 ltr engine and use the proceeds in the project but i dont know if anyone would be interested in this now??? so looking forward to it and as fat as the project is concerned dont worry the car wont rust in the corner of the garage again but it will be fixed and would be something that kicks some super-car a$$ .
As far as autopsyche is concerned never had anything against and wouldn't i had always liked dealing with him and getting the nemesis done was a good experience but i guess the bmw was a different league . Was waiting all the time just because of the type of relationship we had wasnt a customer - dealer thing but more like friendship but in the end now what had happened was not acceptable to me and my ethics and therefore had to pull it off from there . Was disappointed at the attitude i got on the last day i had went there to settle everything and hope that no one else has to go through the same thing as i went through because its just not the material loss that you get pissed of with but its that a person would just stop believing in the industry itself i.e the mods business there is because after this it would be hard for me to believe other tuners words aswell....
Anyways wishing autopysche the best of luck for future projects .
cheers
accord masters
Old 21st April 2009, 20:15   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Right, the feedback is well appreciated. If you feel the attitude was casual ill accept, although both of us were in the same waiting boat and all both of could do was to email and call, and we did just that. I dont see whatelse i could have done for you at that point of time to make the attitude seem less casual.

If i had no consideration i could have just asked you to wait some more because you know i paid you half of the refund from my pocket and i had to wait another month to get that money back. But i didnt think twice about it because you were a customer and i had to take responsibility on my part because we are not a dealership or a roadside workshop to whom it wont make a dime of a difference, you were accomodating enough to wait for the other half of the payment to arrive on my request and i thank you for that.

Do drop by sometime even if not to get work done, lunch is on me

Thanks for the offer ! Will take you up on it one of these days

One thing I MUST say is "you have a great PR capability"

I hope you will be a little more considerate towards patrons now on .

Cheers

Cheers
Old 21st April 2009, 21:11   #218
BANNED

ok guys need advice regarding the turbo and the other necessary things i would need for the build for eg. big brake kit .... any suggestions because i think i would personally be ordering the parts this time so please help me out ??
Old 21st April 2009, 21:22   #219
Senior - BHPian

are you particular about work done in delhi??? Willing to send it interstate ???
Old 21st April 2009, 21:24   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
are you particular about work done in delhi??? Willing to send it interstate ???
I was thinking the same. Why not down south or Bombay? Hand it over to someone who has more experience.
Old 21st April 2009, 21:29   #221
Senior - BHPian

Well frankly forget the big brake kit as of now accord masters.your primary concern should be finding a new tuner/installer for your car.its gonna be too tough.and you know i'd really suggest get someone flown in and get the work done professionally.nothing would beat that.

then we'll talk of the big brake kit.

+1 to the above 2 posts too.send it down south to some good tuner.don't fall for word of mouth here but go there and see for yourself the cars they have tuned and the reliability they have in their works.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 21st April 2009 at 21:33.
Old 21st April 2009, 21:30   #222
Senior - BHPian

well I know a few people who would do this for you. But for us to come to delhi and do it the cost is expensive as for the entire duration a place to stay plus a garage etc etc has to be organised. Have spoken to a few people who are willing to help us. So do let me know what you are thinkin or comfortable with. You want the car performing and out on the road I can assure you this dream is not too far Away
Old 21st April 2009, 21:35   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey AM, is the car drivable right now in NA form. Can it be made drivable with the OE parts??

You might want to do that first and weigh your options, before you jump from one crisis to another.
Old 21st April 2009, 22:30   #224
BHPian

Unhappy

Hi Accord Master! I have joined this thread only today and feel very sorry for you. What a beautiful car and what has happened to it. What a pity.

But I definitely think the situation is salvagable, and I agree with MPower that try getting it back into the OE parts form.

In fact the tuner you were with i.e., Autopsyche needs to put it back in the form he originally got it. He should then carefully pack all the parts that you sourced for the modification, clearly labelling each one of them.

Once he does this for you, locate a tuner and get the car and the parts shipped to him.

I also believe South has much better facilities for such a job compared to North. Most of the garages here master the body work and lack knowledge of such advanced modifications.

Moreover, the objective a making your E34 into a performance car needs very good understanding of mechanics as there could be several pitfalls even after the modification work is complete.

All the best Accord_master. I sincerely hope (and pray for the car) to successfully come out of this fiasco .

Regards

Jaskirat

PS. If I had a E34 of the kind you have, I would not have attempted these modifications. BMW 520 in itself is a delightful car if maintained well. But I guess what is done is done.
Old 21st April 2009, 22:53   #225
Senior - BHPian

This is very bad!! It is sad to see what has happened to the car after 14 months of effort and money spent.

The tuner should atleast compensate financially, as whatever damage done mentally and time lost cannot be compensated.

I hope the car will be in better hands from now on.
Closed Thread