Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 23rd April 2009, 00:07   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
Thanks bro .. but its just that always wanted to do this car up and cant quit now after dreaming about it for 14 months . Planning to sell of the m20b20 engine.... any one interested?? what's an ECE??
M20B20 ECE was a variant of M20B20 with higher compression compared to the standard M20B20. It was relatively more powerful, but would have had fuel issues in India in those days.

I wish I had a e34 shell, I would have bought your M20B20. Alas! that is not the case.

Cheers

Jaskirat
Old 23rd April 2009, 01:31   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
i was planing to bore a vtec engine to 1.8 L, there are no problems as such, if they do arrive then you can go and get a new engine, but later on, for now just get it up and running.
Which Vtec engine are you referring to?
Old 23rd April 2009, 03:31   #258
Senior - BHPian

Jitu, the only one I can think of is the B16, doubt if any of the SOHC's can be bored out to 1.8
Old 23rd April 2009, 08:47   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Pardon me - but why do you want the number in INR ?? Believe me it is a fair amount of money we are talking about here Cheers
Just general knowledge! Want to know what are the damages like!
Old 23rd April 2009, 10:57   #260
BHPian

i was thinking of boring the b16b to 1.8 or getting a b18c, also how is this off topic, AM is depressed and isnt installing his engine as it has been bored, i was just pointing out that it isnt such a bad thing that it has been bored, atleast he can put the engine and get the car in running condition.

@accord master - contact viper performance, aka jignesh goradia for advice, mail him, he has quite alot of knowledge, maybe he can help you with you beamer.
Old 23rd April 2009, 11:15   #261
Senior - BHPian

every engine is not the same.
Old 23rd April 2009, 13:48   #262
BANNED

Guys wanted to know that can a engine be bored out from a 2.0 ltr to a 2.5 ltr i mean is there any limit to which an engine should be bored because just to hear it as a layman i dont think you can just bore out 25% more space .???

AM
Old 23rd April 2009, 14:00   #263
BHPian

Quote:
i was thinking of boring the b16b to 1.8 or getting a b18c,
B16b is unstroked version of B18C.

Quote:
also how is this off topic,
We are talking about Honda engines in a BMW thread & like amit (iceman91) mentioned all engines are not the same. You sound as if building engines are like making cake.

Not trying to discourage you but i think you need to do a lot more research & learn basics of engine, this is something which you cannot learn in a months time. You have sufficient time & narrowed down on the car too, an "RS" i believe, so study that car, that engine, join some VW forums & you will get some real life experience from the people who have already modded their ride.
There is always difference between perception & reality, and the sooner you can make out the difference it will be better for you.

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd April 2009 at 16:14. Reason: fixing quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 14:01   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Guys wanted to know that can a engine be bored out from a 2.0 ltr to a 2.5 ltr i mean is there any limit to which an engine should be bored because just to hear it as a layman i dont think you can just bore out 25% more space .???

AM
Can you post up current stock engine specs ie Bore size,C.R, displacement etc ?
Old 23rd April 2009, 19:00   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishg View Post
300bhp out of a M20 even with MS and Garret? Seriously? too bad bmw didn't know of this else they'd never have bothered with M50, M62 etc.
Yes seriously! The car can put out a lot more than that I can guarantee you, but it won't be reliable, especially not in India. But it's been done many times over, and this magical figure has been surpassed many times over! You're from NJ dude don't tell me you've never seen an E30 with an M20 rocketing off at a track?!? Oh and I think you need to get your facts straight, the M50 and 62 are DOHC engines, M20s are SOHC! so yeah the 24v engines are more efficient and hence were brought in. Sure you'd like to argue against double vanos (Vtec) too! Or why not argue against OBD2 while you're at it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishg View Post
i know a bit about m20b25s, you will never reliably get 300bhp from it. 240 max. you can turbo it but keep the boost low. what you really need for that car is an M60, preferably an M60B40. the e34 540s came with that motor.
He wants only 300, it's nothing. Have seen M20s push 2 bar boost as daily drivers on stock internals. It ran almost 2 years that's how tough they are!

Quote:
guys its not me who saying that the m20b25 can do 300 bhp , i said ive seen it on other threads and forums ....and plus i don't think its too big a task plus im not going to use that engine to make 300 bhp all the time my main aim is to have a turbo m20b25 irrespective of the power now because that engine with a turbo is fun enough . i am a bmw fan myself so wont let this go to waste and would never ruin the beauty and charm of that e34 . About putting the m20b20 engine back in remember it has already been bored to a 2.5 ltr now...
so instead of pressing charges against me under the cruelty to cars act , give me time and see the first properly tuned well maintained e34 and guys do you think that i should put in the 2.0 ltr engine back in wont that be just giving up on the car itself and quitting ??
cheers
AM
Dude AM why do you wanna put the M20b20 back in? I thought the B25 had new internals et al...well if that's the case it's best to get the B25 in there for now, fully built, and run it in for like 3-5K. Then go FI. And don't worry, that figure is easy...you'll have a lot of fun, but the E34 is a pretty big car to drift with so make sure she handles the power!
Old 23rd April 2009, 19:20   #266
BANNED

no dude not putting the m20b20 back in .... the will run with the m20b25 now with the manual transmission and the LSD.. the m20b20 is for sale . Planning a few things now will update as soon as i reach a decision on what to do now .

AM
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:12   #267
BHPian

i was just saying, that atleast use the engine till you find a new one, also im not going to mod the vRS, just a few basic ones, like FFE, CAI, struts, etc. No big mod.stock.
Old 23rd April 2009, 21:10   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i was just saying, that atleast use the engine till you find a new one, also im not going to mod the vRS, just a few basic ones, like FFE, CAI, struts, etc. No big mod.stock.

Sir,

The gentleman Accordmasters is already sitting with two engines, both with a 2500 displacement. I think he is competent to take a call. He's had enough of "it" so let him decide !!!!!

Cheers
Old 23rd April 2009, 22:30   #269

Default Megasquirt Link

Since you are planning to use Megasquirt, you might want to take a look at this. I found this when looking for performance mods to my 535i. Megasquirt should be quite easy to set up for a FI mod as long as you buy the suitable version.

Plug n Play Megasquirt for the 535i, 525i, and U.S. M5 - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum
Old 24th April 2009, 01:50   #270
BANNED

well for now i dont know if i would be using megasquirt or not because im just waiting for my 2.5 ltr engines stock ecu which according to autopsyche will take 2 weeks to come ( again 2 weeks) as it is still in the states from i dont know when .
Thanks for the info tho shivam , appreciate it .
Have been busy for a few days now and couldnt go and check out the parts that i have with me so would be going in tomorrow to see what i have to work with and decide where to start from and which way to go
1.keep it stock (2.5ltr engine) run it for an year or two
2. Go FI ( First rebuild and do a run in tho)
All these suggestions and comments from everyone just got me thinking that why are people a bit hesitant to go the turbo way in India , i know im going to face problems because it is the first bmw in india that anyone has dared to go FI with .
Cheers
AM

Last edited by accord masters : 24th April 2009 at 01:51.
Closed Thread