Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 6th May 2009, 17:11   #316
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Mods you listening ?? I have said this before & I am saying it again. The forum stands for truth = does it not ??
Allow me to put in some clarifications:

1. The Tuner Directory is just that i.e. A DIRECTORY! Nowhere does it say that these tuners are "recommended" by Team-BHP. It is merely a listing of all Tuners in the country.

2. Yes, Team-BHP does stand for the truth and that is precisely why we allow all types of reviews (positive as well as negative).

Last edited by GTO : 6th May 2009 at 17:27.
Old 6th May 2009, 17:13   #317
BANNED

I would love to put it back in running condition but now i have to put in the 2.5 litre engine as my old engine has been bored out so got to make new mounts for it which i had been promised that will be made by arush . Have my exams going on these days going to get free and take a call on it ..
@ nc1bad - Dude he has ruined my old engine which i cannot restore in the original condition w/o a lot of expenditure and plus he had quoted me for new stuff and was putting on old & used stuff plus it wasn't even the same thing as mentioned to me . So if you want to know that i was "duped" or not then as per the law this is a perfect breach of contract . need i say more. I had asked him to compensate me for the loss that he caused me and he thinks that he has no liability towards compensating me for the loss he caused. shocking.

AM
Old 6th May 2009, 17:32   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Allow me to put in some corrections to your statement:

1. The Tuner Directory is just that i.e. A DIRECTORY! Nowhere does it say that these tuners are "recommended" by Team-BHP. It is merely a listing of all Tuners in the country.

2. Yes, Team-BHP does stand for the truth and that is precisely why we allow all types of reviews (positive as well as negative).

@GTO

As you may be aware, T-Bhp is like a Mecca for auto enthusiasts. Anything that the site carries (such as a directory) is IMHO considered endorsed by the forum.

People do consult the forums test-drive section or the ICE section before they deciede on products & services.

Anyway, that is just my opinion. You & others may differ, that is totally fine.

Cheers
Old 6th May 2009, 18:22   #319
BHPian

@Ricky_63
TBhp does stand for the truth, but striking a name from the Tuner Directory is not a reasonable thing to ask. The only time a tuner's details should be stricken from the list is when they shut shop. That is what a directory is...

If a member/guest goes to them as a client is at their discretion. This is why we have an open forum to inform people. I guarantee you your voice has been heard time and time again. Please support me in the following suggestion so you may have your chance to post any and all grievences once and for all on an unbiased platform.

@GTO I love that TBhp now has a Tuner Showcase section, however similarly I would request that we have a tuner review section under the review section. A section where experiences are posted (Good or Bad) and no discussion occurs, uncluttered user experiences...

Hopefully other members will support me in saying that a Tuner Review section is required so all this debate for and against tuners stops cluttering the experience threads, it becomes difficult to read after a while.

DocG
Old 6th May 2009, 18:37   #320
Team-BHP Support

Well it is a directory after all. But I can see where Ricky is coming from. Perhaps a disclaimer would help.
Old 6th May 2009, 19:02   #321
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
however similarly I would request that we have a tuner review section under the review section. A section where experiences are posted (Good or Bad) and no discussion occurs, uncluttered user experiences...
Sure thing, we will consider this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Perhaps a disclaimer would help.
Good idea, a disclaimer will be added soon.
Old 6th May 2009, 19:04   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
@Ricky_63
TBhp does stand for the truth, but striking a name from the Tuner Directory is not a reasonable thing to ask. The only time a tuner's details should be stricken from the list is when they shut shop. That is what a directory is...

If a member/guest goes to them as a client is at their discretion. This is why we have an open forum to inform people. I guarantee you your voice has been heard time and time again. Please support me in the following suggestion so you may have your chance to post any and all grievences once and for all on an unbiased platform.

@GTO I love that TBhp now has a Tuner Showcase section, however similarly I would request that we have a tuner review section under the review section. A section where experiences are posted (Good or Bad) and no discussion occurs, uncluttered user experiences...

Hopefully other members will support me in saying that a Tuner Review section is required so all this debate for and against tuners stops cluttering the experience threads, it becomes difficult to read after a while.

DocG

I agree with your POV - the review section does make sense. I think I have made my point, no point going on...

Cheers
Old 6th May 2009, 19:27   #323
BHPian

Such a sad instance and a learning for wannabe's trying to TC their ride. Good luck AM on whatever you decide, after all this pain.

Peace out and move on buddy...
Old 6th May 2009, 23:18   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
sir what i am believing is that i was being ripped off !!! plus sad news my dad got pissed of by all that he did and now hes told me to sell of the e34 itself thanks to someone and his ripping off techniques and bullshit i have to part with the car now ...... so sadly selling of the car and he already got me a replacement the 3.5 accord v6 ... instead of being happy for the new car i'm still trying to get over with parting with the e34 ...
AM
AccordMasters am sorry that you have to part ways with the beemer after all that delay and hassle. Hope things work out soon.

Nice to see you live up to your profile name and buy the Master Accord. Please start a thread and review the car. Any Mods being done shortly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Is it sold already? Any parts for sale?
Give the guy a break hes gonna part with his machine. Ask him if and once its sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post

Any Team-BHPians willing to "buy" the car for a limited period?
Nice proposal, Would anyone actually do that. Doubtful.
Old 7th May 2009, 11:13   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
I had asked him to compensate me for the loss that he caused me and he thinks that he has no liability towards compensating me for the loss he caused. shocking.

AM
Very Sad.. after so much trouble, a decent guy should not charge anything and above all restore it to the original condition free of cost.
Old 7th May 2009, 13:49   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Very Sad.. after so much trouble, a decent guy should not charge anything and above all restore it to the original condition free of cost.

Tall order that !!

Having mixed up the two engines & still not able to make it work. Getting the car back to stock would mean undoing the mess & "trying" to sort it all out !! That too free ???

Sad is the only word that comes to my mind. A mindless mess.
Old 7th May 2009, 22:00   #327
Senior - BHPian

This is one of the prime things that i keep in mid when i modded my bikes or the filter addition on my car.Keep the stock parts as it is.no cutting or experimenting.If anything goes wrong atleast you have the stock parts to go back to.
Old 7th May 2009, 22:43   #328
BHPian

+1 to that, also if sometime you there is any problem, like a malfunction of the new part, atleast you have the old part in the house so your car isnt stranded.
Old 7th May 2009, 22:52   #329
BHPian

i had a talk with a friend of mine who is a japanese car tuner[was in dubai,now shifted to australia] regarding this thread,his view is,compared to japanese cars bmw is a very sensitive car[even the latest one's],if you dont have thorough knowledge and technologywhich is not there much in a country like india,its better to avoid opening up disecting and trying to power it up, needless to say, its a drivers car, amazing driving pleasure, but getting it tuned is a different ball game,its not so easy as a japanese car, like a mitsubishi or suzuki or to that extent a nissan being cut open and tuned.me thinks nobodys to be blamed here, it was just the wrong car....
Old 8th May 2009, 00:52   #330
BHPian

@desigNation

Please read my post in Abix's E36 thread, you'll see just how complicated these things are.

And by the way I'd like to quote one of my tuning gurus when I say this

"An engine is and engine is an engine. Give me a ****ing corvette with a POS V8 and I'll tune that into a ****"

Sorry it is an explicit quote, but yes the above was said by a gentleman who specializes in tuning European cars in Cali has done tons of customer cars and track cars over the last 30-40 years.

There's nothing complicated about a BMW engine if the same job can be done by a 21 year old with a few tools in his garage/backyard. Drive through a typical American suburb in the summer, you'll see a ton of cars on stands with some rad stuff going in, typically done by college students who have learnt on the job, or have a bit of experience from taking a year or 2 of shop in high school.

Now what should we equate our best tuners to? At what level then do we stand!?!

Last edited by DocG : 8th May 2009 at 00:53.
Closed Thread