Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 8th May 2009, 09:36   #331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
i had a talk with a friend of mine who is a japanese car tuner[was in dubai,now shifted to australia] regarding this thread,his view is,compared to japanese cars bmw is a very sensitive car[even the latest one's],if you dont have thorough knowledge and technologywhich is not there much in a country like india,its better to avoid opening up disecting and trying to power it up, needless to say, its a drivers car, amazing driving pleasure, but getting it tuned is a different ball game,its not so easy as a japanese car, like a mitsubishi or suzuki or to that extent a nissan being cut open and tuned.me thinks nobodys to be blamed here, it was just the wrong car....

@desigNation

WRONG CAR ??

When the project was taken up the owner AND the workshop knew what car it was, right ? So why was the project started ? Obviously the garage was (over)confident of taking it to it's logical conclusion.

Sorry but do not agree with your POV at all.
Old 8th May 2009, 09:41   #332
BHPian

docg-maybe its the right car in the wrong country.
Old 8th May 2009, 10:31   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
When the project was taken up the owner AND the workshop knew what car it was, right ?
agreed till here.. but disagree with the below..

Quote:
[/b]
So why was the project started ? Obviously the garage was (over)confident of taking it to it's logical conclusion.
That actually depends on what agreement the owner had with the workshop..

When you are working with a fairly new car or an old school car with not much of electronics to interfere with the mechanicals, I will agree that the workshop gets a fair idea of how much work has to go in to get it back to shape. For a car like this and considering the nature of repairs in india where they hesitate to do a direct part replacement, the owner should have set his expectations low as to what he will be getting back out of the workshop. If the workshop guaranteed a "like new" quality and reliability for a fixed budget that the owner has already exhausted, then IMO the workshop has to be blamed. All what I am saying is that we have to understand the contract between the owner and the workshop before blaming any one.
Old 8th May 2009, 11:14   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16v100bhp View Post
All what I am saying is that we have to understand the contract between the owner and the workshop before blaming any one.
I am sure the contract was not to tow away the car after waiting patiently for 13 months and spending lot of money. Please do not forget that the car went to the garage running in stock condition. It is common sense that a car is of no use if it does not run. What is the use of modification if the car is not running and the customer is in no man's land with financial damage.

Please go through the initial posts (customers aswell as tuners) in the thread to understand the expectation set and the final outcome.
Old 8th May 2009, 12:59   #335
BHPian

AM i agree Arush is at fault,and i am not trying to prove that wrong, but what i am trying to say is that duping you wasn't his intention. He did reply to this thread telling his side of the story and reasons for whatever he did.We (other forum members) cant paint a picture showing that he is a cheater,thats all.We set our views based on what is mentioned in the thread.Without doubt Arush is at fault,but again we cannot call him a cheat, because that sure was not his intention.Its just a mod job gone bad coupled with bad decisions at his end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
@ nc1bad - Dude he has ruined my old engine which i cannot restore in the original condition w/o a lot of expenditure and plus he had quoted me for new stuff and was putting on old & used stuff plus it wasn't even the same thing as mentioned to me . So if you want to know that i was "duped" or not then as per the law this is a perfect breach of contract . need i say more. I had asked him to compensate me for the loss that he caused me and he thinks that he has no liability towards compensating me for the loss he caused. shocking.

AM
Old 8th May 2009, 14:56   #336
BANNED

ohk let me see arush is not a cheat then why did he put in a turbo which was already used and not the one which i had told him to put and which he had promised to put in ....???
secondly the car went to the garage in proper running condition and i have proof as it was fixed by bird india ( the bmw dealers in delhi) and was working fine with the 2.0 L engine which i had told him to keep it as it as and not to screw around with it but he did and still he's not responsible for this mess i don't get this ???
When i message him to give me the 2.5L engines ecu back theres not reply and for compensation he thinks that he didn't do anything wrong so as to compensate me for the loss .....
SAD

AM
Old 8th May 2009, 15:35   #337
BHPian

AM did you guys enter into a written contract? or was it all verbal?

If written then I think you should contact a lawyer to see what legal angles this situation has.
Old 8th May 2009, 15:59   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16v100bhp View Post
agreed till here.. but disagree with the below..

That actually depends on what agreement the owner had with the workshop..

When you are working with a fairly new car or an old school car with not much of electronics to interfere with the mechanicals, I will agree that the workshop gets a fair idea of how much work has to go in to get it back to shape. For a car like this and considering the nature of repairs in india where they hesitate to do a direct part replacement, the owner should have set his expectations low as to what he will be getting back out of the workshop. If the workshop guaranteed a "like new" quality and reliability for a fixed budget that the owner has already exhausted, then IMO the workshop has to be blamed. All what I am saying is that we have to understand the contract between the owner and the workshop before blaming any one.

To cut a long story short. The agreement as I know from the owner was to put in a 2.5L BMW 170 BHP engine & turbocharge it & RELIABLY deliver around 300 Bhp.

Which was not delivered, as we all know. Instead the car was taken back by the owner after many a deadlines were broken, in a NON-WORKING condition.

Does that clarify as to whose fault it is ?? The customer waited 14 months - what more do you expect ?

The car is non-driveable, the ECU is not returned, there are 2 engines that the owner is sitting with, out of which none work !! C'mon is this not enough to make anyone break into a sweat ??

Hope the picture is a little clearer now
Old 8th May 2009, 18:33   #339
BANNED

there was no written contract but i have his mails containing the estimates and saying "300 BHP E34 " and i think got enough witnesses if i want to move to court which i think i might do .

AM
Old 8th May 2009, 19:31   #340
BHPian

This is a clear case of the right thing in the wrong hands.
This was indeed a very adventurous project and I was very sure it will head to this. I have been silently watching this thread for a while now.
Old 8th May 2009, 21:46   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
This is a clear case of the right thing in the wrong hands.
This was indeed a very adventurous project and I was very sure it will head to this. I have been silently watching this thread for a while now.

How were you sure it'd head this way ? AAP TO ANTARYAAMI HAIN !!!!

Well adventurous YES, but impossible - NO. Afterall he had the assurance of Arush to take it to it's logical conclusion, did'nt he ??

Cheers
Old 8th May 2009, 22:35   #342
BHPian

Quote:
How were you sure it'd head this way ? AAP TO ANTARYAAMI HAIN !!!!

Well adventurous YES, but impossible - NO. Afterall he had the assurance of Arush to take it to it's logical conclusion, did'nt he ??

Cheers
I'm an engine guy and such an adventurous engine swap (thats still fine) with a turbo mount and striking the balance of the promised performance and reliability is next to black magic(if you dont have your head in the right place i.e).
You need really high skill levels to do such a thing and to make the talk to real. This is however the sad state of tuning in our country.
Abroad, this is indeed a cake walk.

For a while now, this turbo plonking thingy has become very common. Every tuner promises double the power before the build. After the build, you get a list of excuses and not performance. Then to strike reliability performance is compromised (low boost etc) and then customer is again pissed.
Old 8th May 2009, 23:00   #343
BHPian

ricky63-like i said before,right car in the wrong country, like fieroid said, if it was abroad[i mean some european country or u.s of a]this would have been a cakewalk.
hello all-anybody know's who could do the same work what was done by autopsyche and been succesfull?just a name of some garage which undertake old bmw car tuning works?anywhere in the country?
Old 9th May 2009, 11:02   #344
Senior - BHPian

I sympathize with you AM ,it must be highly frustrating being in a situation like this but i think this thread is going nowhere now.
You can take action against the person off the forum ,here its clear to us that you were not given what was promised to you which is definitely not professional.
What happened with your car is very unfortunate but i think its time to end this discussion now. (Just my opinion)

Ricky sir even you have strongly proved your point ,we all are now aware of the kind of service you got and how you feel about the particular Tuner.
Also that person has been Banned now and cant post a reply here so why drag the issue unnecessarily ,take the high road guys.
Am not taking any sides ,just posting in the interest of the forum.

Peace

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 9th May 2009 at 11:05.
Old 9th May 2009, 11:13   #345
Senior - BHPian

@faithless: I dont agree here.. this thread MUST continue till the time it comes to a logical end, else these kind of "overconfident" people will continue to ruin and rob noobies!
Closed Thread