Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 9th May 2009, 11:21   #346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
till the time it comes to a logical end
And what would that be ?
Autopsyche has been banned now (For a long duration i think) so am not sure how the discussion will end.
Anyway it was just a suggestion ,rest its upto AM and the mods.

Quote:
else these kind of "overconfident" people will continue to ruin and rob noobies!
Yup since there Marketing skills are excellent too.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 9th May 2009 at 11:22.
Old 9th May 2009, 12:48   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
their..

Apparently yes, else AM wouldn't have fallen for it!
Old 9th May 2009, 13:18   #348
BHPian

After going through the entite thread, here is what I inferred-
1. Autopsyche makes good bodykits (so if you need to do external mods to your car, get it done from him).
2. The quality of paint jobs he does is shoddy (so if you need a paint job on your car, go to someone else, like pandit & co.)
3. Autopsyche is "NOT" a tuner (if you need serious mods, go to the tuners in Mumbai or bangalore)
4. Be realistic in your expectations about such projects, read up a lot, consult as many experts as you can and don't just believe anyone who tells you that he can get over 300bhp from a 170 bhp car by merely installing a turbo.

I'm not sure if there can be any other logical conclusion other than that. Autopsyche is not refunding accord_master for his loss of time and money and there's not much anyone can do about that (unless panky12345, accord_master and ricky plan to take out a morcha against autopsyche or drag him to a court).

I'm not sure how flogging him again and again on the same issue changes anything. He ended up taking a project that was beyond his capability, we all know that now. But repeating the same things again and again does not help accord_master in any way. Let's focus on the issue in hand now, accord_master needs to part with his BMW, either someone suggests a way to avoid that or someone offers to buy it for him, as has been suggested earlier.
Old 9th May 2009, 14:22   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astleviz View Post
4. Be realistic in your expectations about such projects, read up a lot, consult as many experts as you can and don't just believe anyone who tells you that he can get over 300bhp from a 170 bhp car by merely installing a turbo.

very good gyaan...

BTW, refer to the bold above.. what do you call these people as??
Old 9th May 2009, 14:28   #350
BANNED

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

Last edited by v12 : 9th May 2009 at 16:38.
accord masters is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th May 2009, 14:47   #351
BHPian

I'd call them gullible, just to be politically correct

Reminds me of this anecdote- it seems that it took Edison over 200 failed attempts before he could finally make a light bulb that actually worked. When someone asked him "How did it feel to have failed 200 times?" He replied "I didn't fail, I just figured out 200 ways how not to make a light bulb".

Last edited by v12 : 9th May 2009 at 16:38.
Old 9th May 2009, 15:36   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
And what would that be ?
Autopsyche has been banned now (For a long duration i think) so am not sure how the discussion will end.
Anyway it was just a suggestion ,rest its upto AM and the mods.

The marketing or rather PR skills are indeed top of the line.

You all may have noticed that on this open forum he promised to return the money that he charged me for the "so called porting & polishing"

The exact words were "expect my cheque in the mail in a few days", of course that is excellent PR skills what else. Being "Goody Two Shoes" & then not delivering.

I was rather shocked that he offered to pay back what he charged for & never did. It was only to show that his intentions & business practices are above board. Which ARE NOT.
Old 9th May 2009, 15:44   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
I was rather shocked that he offered to pay back what he charged for & never did. It was only to show that his intentions & business practices are above board. Which ARE NOT.
It's time that autopsyche and others realize the power of public forums like these. So far I had been an ardent admirer of his work but now I would have second thoughts before contacting him for any mod jobs. I have no doubts about his ability to do great mod jobs (read body kits) but promising to refund the money and then not doing anything about it casts a doubt about his stand on business ethics.

The sad thing is, there is no dearth of people with excessive moolah to spend on customizing their cars (and who are not tbhp members) and as long as that doesn't change, it will be business as usual.

Last edited by Astleviz : 9th May 2009 at 15:48.
Old 9th May 2009, 20:41   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astleviz View Post
It's time that autopsyche and others realize the power of public forums like these. So far I had been an ardent admirer of his work but now I would have second thoughts before contacting him for any mod jobs. I have no doubts about his ability to do great mod jobs (read body kits) but promising to refund the money and then not doing anything about it casts a doubt about his stand on business ethics.

The sad thing is, there is no dearth of people with excessive moolah to spend on customizing their cars (and who are not tbhp members) and as long as that doesn't change, it will be business as usual.

I am glad that you see the light buddy - if I may call you that

Having said that - I still agree & ratify that for body mods he is definately amongst the best, no doubt about that.

If he were to be more thruthful & forthright about his capability, it would go a long way in his favour. That is what I'd like to say.

Cheers
Old 9th May 2009, 20:56   #355
BHPian

I second the vote. Please add a ratings as well , this would mean letting users / members rate along with a small review. Over time, we would easily know the best tuners from the mediocres with a 5 star rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post

@GTO I love that TBhp now has a Tuner Showcase section, however similarly I would request that we have a tuner review section under the review section. A section where experiences are posted (Good or Bad) and no discussion occurs, uncluttered user experiences...

[/i]DocG
Old 9th May 2009, 22:14   #356
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I second the vote. Please add a ratings as well , this would mean letting users / members rate along with a small review. Over time, we would easily know the best tuners from the mediocres with a 5 star rating.
How would a member / user who hasnt availed of the services of the tuner be able to rate the Tuner? Until accordmasters and ricky pointed out their experience with Autopsyche, everyone would have given a 5-star rating for the work performed by him (if such a rating existed).
Old 9th May 2009, 22:30   #357
BHPian

But only allow only people who have gone to him, none others, confirm with the user, here no user would lie that he has gone if he hasnt, and if you still feel that he might not be saying the complete truth, then you can ask for proof, a bill? etc.
Old 10th May 2009, 09:56   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
How would a member / user who hasnt availed of the services of the tuner be able to rate the Tuner? Until accordmasters and ricky pointed out their experience with Autopsyche, everyone would have given a 5-star rating for the work performed by him (if such a rating existed).

If at all this was to be implemented. Only those people should be allowed to vote, who have had work done by the particular garage. The same may be supported by a thread of the said work, else the vote should be invalidated.

Cheers
Old 10th May 2009, 23:57   #359
Senior - BHPian

And how can you find out if someone has actually done the work? The tuner could just get someone to post a fake experience with a dummy bill and we'd never know.
Old 11th May 2009, 00:48   #360
BHPian

But for a tuner to post here would require a account and as everyone knows it really takes alot of effort to got into T-BHP, so the tuner cant get more than 2-3 votes, unless he is some kind of genius.
But there should be a way, it would really help everyone, let us all think of one.
Closed Thread