Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 19th March 2009, 10:18   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
sir , waiting for the 25th of march thats the last deadline ive given because on the the 25th the car comes out of that garage either complete running on its own wheels or in a truck the reason being i was already loosing out on my patience but my dad seems to have lost his patience totally so i was ordered to bring it back on the 25th of march w/e be the circumstances so hope it comes out working or i'm (we are) pulling the cord on this and canceling the whole thing because i think for an engine transplant and a turbo 1 yr and 1 month is a very long time . so lets wait for a few more days and then see what happens.

Accord masters

I do hope that you get your car in working condition, with the power addition of all those horses !! Atleast the time & monetary expenditure would be justified.

Best of Luck !!
Old 19th March 2009, 13:13   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
sir , waiting for the 25th of march thats the last deadline ive given because on the the 25th the car comes out of that garage either complete running on its own wheels or in a truck the reason being i was already loosing out on my patience but my dad seems to have lost his patience totally so i was ordered to bring it back on the 25th of march w/e be the circumstances so hope it comes out working or i'm (we are) pulling the cord on this and canceling the whole thing because i think for an engine transplant and a turbo 1 yr and 1 month is a very long time . so lets wait for a few more days and then see what happens.

Accord masters
Accord, Since its running condition now. Is it only the tuning which needs to be sorted out? Hows the body work / painting / interiors coming along?

Also do request mods to change the title to 13 months.
Old 19th March 2009, 16:14   #123
BANNED

well interiors are totally destroyed because till now the windows were open so i dont know what im going to do with them (get them fixed or changed ) the cars in running condition ??? last time i went i was told that we cannot take it out or start it because its misfiring and the ecu and fuel management system have been ordered and have to be tuned and installed so no the car cannot move because as per what im told it cannot be started. The body color probably is i dont know how to describe it but not like it was before because of all the others cars being painted there it has got some hints of different colors and the new bumper which was ordered hasnt been fitted yet and its just like it was when it had landed here in that "plasticy" form . well lets wait for the 25th now and see what happens.

accord masters
Old 19th March 2009, 17:04   #124
Senior - BHPian

All the Best!! Hope to see the monster.
Old 19th March 2009, 18:31   #125
Senior - BHPian

I can suggest you to go to Pandit Auto for interiors.Those guys are very good and clean in what they do.particularly Older cars.They do them up fantastically.

Regarding the ECU.What i'd suggest is that you call up Either of the following-
1.Viper on tbhp
2.Krupesh Electra performance-search on google
3.KS motorsports-again google
4.Tuners from Bangy-RD kartik,etc.

And what i'd really suggest is that you ask these tuners to arrange for a Megasquirt kit from abroad and Fly down a tuner for that kit.For I have generally not seen many Megasquirt kits in india.
This will be probably the best option for you as of now.You'll also need the following for your car-
1.A scan tool-probably one which gives you very details.there was one Autoscan Xray something.its supposed to be very good.
2.A wideband datalogging Unit.

these will be needed by the tuner to tune up your car.
Hope you get to see it in good condition.All the best.
Old 20th March 2009, 16:18   #126
BHPian

Default some faith

you have somefaith my friend AM! Do you really believe your chariot will be in operating order by the 25th.

I suggest you have serious talk with your tuner - and ask him to level with you - to be honest and tell you how it is - good or ugly - the truth is what you need. There is no point pushing this project just because he can't give up - its your car and your money.

Do you really believe you have the required expertise around the table to deliver this mandate to the standards you expect?

I think you should get more involved and take charge.

the very best to you my friend.
Old 20th March 2009, 19:06   #127
BANNED

hey salty dog, thanks for the advice but personally i got very less knowledge about tuning so i had entered into this project because i was told that the car would produce around 300 bhp and would a nice weekend fun car and the time limit promised to me was max to max to max 4 months . After a lot of extended time limits i had to put in the march 25th deadline and if not done on that date i will take the car and give it to some other tuner who could make it work according to my expectations . So for now i would just like to wait for the 25th and then comment about the work and my overall experience .
Old 21st March 2009, 15:26   #128
Senior - BHPian

The one thing I am unable to figure out is that the engine put into your car was a running 6 cyl 170 Bhp stock engine. Why did the engine stop working in the first place ? Were any upgrades made ?? I am foxed. Guess the 25th will tell us something about what we do not know. Hope it rolls - all the best !!!

Cheers
Old 22nd March 2009, 15:37   #129
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
2.Krupesh Electra performance-search on google
3.KS motorsports-again google
Why look outside when you have it right here : Team-BHP Tuner Directory
Old 22nd March 2009, 20:23   #130
Senior - BHPian

Exclamation Tuner's directory needs an update !

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Why look outside when you have it right here : Team-BHP Tuner Directory

If I may say this the tuner's directory NEEDS to be upgraded. This should be based on customer's feedback on experiances with a particular tuner, both good & bad.

It would go a long way in keeping the T-Bhp spirit of being impartial alive.

Just wrote what I thought merits your attention !

Cheers
Old 25th March 2009, 19:22   #131
BHPian

@accordmasters - so whats the update, we hope it was a fruitfull end to your wait.
Old 25th March 2009, 19:33   #132
Senior - BHPian

@accordmasters

So today is the 25th. What was the outcome ? Rolled on its wheels or was it the tow truck ?

Update please !!!

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 25th March 2009 at 19:38.
Old 25th March 2009, 22:11   #133
BANNED

hey guys, good day today finally the car did roll on its wheels but the ecu is actually in the states so waiting for it to come back . The ecu was sent to the guy who was providing us with the megasquirt fuel injection system for some technical reasons that i couldnt understand . Both the ecu and the megasquirt have been couriered back to india on the 21st or so hence should be here soon and i was told that after putting both of those bak in the car it just be fine tuning the car which shouldn't be such a big hassle. When i had reached the workshop today was hoping that i see it standing somewhere else and looking better than before i.e without the dust and car lying in pieces and it wasn't the car was in one piece all of it and was shinning like new. For now a spare ecu was was put in so as to make me satisfied for today that everything else is working fine and the car does work i.e it goes front and bak and left and right. The body work is finished i.e the new bumper is in place and other stuff that had to be done ( details later) so overall i think that finally after 13 months my baby is coming back to life and will be ready to whop some costly a$$'$ . So waiting for the ecu to be back and thus see what it is capable of doing . ohh yes i think the car does look good got a few doubts about the interiors and the exteriors would like to get suggestions for all of you guys . The question on the interiors is what COLOR ???? black or the m3 red leather and about the exterior is that should the front part i.e the grill and surrounding areas be painted black so as to get a muscly feel ....would explain later when i upload the pics .
cheers
accord masters
Old 25th March 2009, 23:18   #134
BHPian

Saw the car today and am actually quite glad that its finally shaping up quite nicely. Just the final bits are left to go on the car and it will surely be one hell of a ride. Especially loved the new hood. Congrats are in order accordmasters for this in itself is a huge step accomplished. Can't wait to test drive this beast once its out of the stable.

Cheers!
Old 26th March 2009, 01:38   #135
BHPian

Well AM I'm surprised that you went the MS way. It is a good ECU definitely, but does anyone in India know how to fix/tune it if anything goes wrong? I believe the Motec ECUs work as well.

And if the engine is out of one of the "newer" cars ie 1993-1999, then the stock ECU will work just fine with the turner chip or a chip from anyone else...why go MS?
Closed Thread