Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 18:49   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 109
Thanked: Once
Default Great!!!

Do let us know what you chose and some pictures of the final thing!!
Pani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 21:19   #17
BHPian
 
Gandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 960
Thanked: 202 Times
Default

Reviving this old thread.

I have booked a Black Ritz Zxi and is expecting the delivery in 15-20 days. Please suggest me a good shop in Bangalore to install art leather seat covers for my car. Mu budget is not much, around 5-6K only.

EDIT: Dealer is quoting 5500/- for a never heard of brand. He suggested me to go for a material called "Luster" which will cost 7500/-. Does anyone have any idea on this Luster seat covers?

Last edited by Gandhi : 16th November 2009 at 21:20.
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 21:25   #18
JLN
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 160
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Seats and Interior refurbishing

Hello, I have a 2005 Indica and want to get my interiors back to a great shape. The seats (stock with no seat covers) are a little dirty and the carpet is also torn in a few places - especially in the trunk area. In addition, there was an oil spill on one of the seats - the smell is alost gone, but still comes up once in a while. Any suggestions on what can be done on a tight budget. Any recommendations on good places for seat covers will be great? Total budget - ideally under 10K - no art leather. Leather won't work for my budget
JLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 13:21   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 59
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Try Sachin's Autoshop in Koramangala. They do a neat job
omatunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 19:18   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
Latheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore/Kannur
Posts: 2,982
Thanked: 2,663 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLN View Post
Hello, I have a 2005 Indica and want to get my interiors back to a great shape. The seats (stock with no seat covers) are a little dirty and the carpet is also torn in a few places - especially in the trunk area. In addition, there was an oil spill on one of the seats - the smell is alost gone, but still comes up once in a while. Any suggestions on what can be done on a tight budget. Any recommendations on good places for seat covers will be great? Total budget - ideally under 10K - no art leather. Leather won't work for my budget
I suggest 3 vendors for your work. Marvin/Ceralli/Pensee these three offer some very good seat and interior work. I prefer first two. 'google' search to find their contact details and discuss with them. You will see some of their work done in this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...at-covers.html (Art Leather Seat Covers)

EDIT: Mods please delete this post, above reply is if he is looking for art leather cover.

Last edited by Latheesh : 1st April 2010 at 19:20.
Latheesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 01:12   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 828
Thanked: 113 Times
Default I need fabric!! God help me!!

This doesn't deserve a new thread, and the title isn't dedicated to leather, so bumping this old one.

I need new seats for my Gypsy and absolutely want them made of Jacquard fabric preferably from quality manufacturer like Bhilwara. I also want an extra 1.5 inches of padding to raise the height and lumbar support designed into it.

Unfortunately I am unable to find any shop in Bangalore after searching online for more than a year with causal browsing and googling.

Waiting for serendipity to come grazing by... made this post now hiding behind the bushes ...

---Ragul



Last edited by Ragul : 3rd April 2012 at 01:16.
Ragul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 06:38   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 109
Thanked: Once
Default Re: I need fabric!! God help me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
This doesn't deserve a new thread, and the title isn't dedicated to leather, so bumping this old one.

I need new seats for my Gypsy and absolutely want them made of Jacquard fabric preferably from quality manufacturer like Bhilwara. I also want an extra 1.5 inches of padding to raise the height and lumbar support designed into it.

Unfortunately I am unable to find any shop in Bangalore after searching online for more than a year with causal browsing and googling.

Waiting for serendipity to come grazing by... made this post now hiding behind the bushes ...

---Ragul


Ragul, please talk to the guys at Karrlson Home
Even though they specialize in leather but they do a lot of other custom jobs also. The owner there Mr.Sajith is a nice guy to deal with as well.

Let us know how it goes.
Pani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 10:16   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,345
Thanked: 789 Times
Default Re: I need fabric!! God help me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I need new seats for my Gypsy and absolutely want them made of Jacquard fabric preferably from quality manufacturer like Bhilwara. I also want an extra 1.5 inches of padding to raise the height and lumbar support designed into it.

Unfortunately I am unable to find any shop in Bangalore after searching online for more than a year with causal browsing and googling.
ragul head over to JC road and any upholstery guy there should be able to add that extra foam on to your existing seat molds. If you are ready to pay a premium then go to renowned places like Karlsso, Ovion etc.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 12:24   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 134
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: I need fabric!! God help me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I need new seats for my Gypsy and absolutely want them made of Jacquard fabric preferably from quality manufacturer like Bhilwara.
---Ragul
Bhilwara Melba De Witte is a OE manufacturer and they are hesitant to deal with retail purchasers like us. I have the contact of their AGM marketing.

Elegant Auto makes seat covers using BMD fabric. You can pick the design you like from their website. Elegant has a lot of dealers in Bangalore.
Dealer list is provided here.

I just spoke to one dealer, R K Seat House in J.C Road and Ms. Poonam said they have some ready stock of Elegant seats. If you need an item not in stock, they can procure it from Dehra Dun and it will take 3 weeks.
Contacts: Mr Poonam Kishen 080 - 41327445 Mo: 9845662881
No.26,Karnatakasavitha Samaja Trust Bldg, 2nd Crs,Journalist Colony, JC Road, Bangalore - 560002

In addition, there are other reputed fabric sellers in J.C. Road such as K.K.Agencies and Karnataka Commercials. You can walk-in and pick the fabric you like. They stock cotton, velvet and other polythene mix fabrics. Once fabric is procured, it can be stitched by a car seat tailor.

I hope this information is useful. You can PM me if you need more help.
GenuineOptimist is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 12:34   #25
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 828
Thanked: 113 Times
Default Re: I need fabric!! God help me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
ragul head over to JC road and any upholstery guy there should be able to add that extra foam on to your existing seat molds. If you are ready to pay a premium then go to renowned places like Karlsso, Ovion etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pani View Post
Ragul, please talk to the guys at Karrlson Home
Even though they specialize in leather but they do a lot of other custom jobs also. The owner there Mr.Sajith is a nice guy to deal with as well.

Let us know how it goes.
I had met Sajith a year back but decided not to do leather. Didnt feel like he would be ready to do fabric, but I sure can call and ask again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineOptimist View Post
Bhilwara Melba De Witte is a OE manufacturer and they are hesitant to deal with retail purchasers like us. I have the contact of their AGM marketing.

Elegant Auto makes seat covers using BMD fabric. You can pick the design you like from their website. Elegant has a lot of dealers in Bangalore.
Dealer list is provided here.

I just spoke to one dealer, R K Seat House in J.C Road and Ms. Poonam said they have some ready stock of Elegant seats. If you need an item not in stock, they can procure it from Dehra Dun and it will take 3 weeks.
Contacts: Mr Poonam Kishen 080 - 41327445 Mo: 9845662881
No.26,Karnatakasavitha Samaja Trust Bldg, 2nd Crs,Journalist Colony, JC Road, Bangalore - 560002

In addition, there are other reputed fabric sellers in J.C. Road such as K.K.Agencies and Karnataka Commercials. You can walk-in and pick the fabric you like. They stock cotton, velvet and other polythene mix fabrics. Once fabric is procured, it can be stitched by a car seat tailor.

I hope this information is useful. You can PM me if you need more help.
Wow! A wealth of information in your post. I thought Elegant was only in UP. A big question is do they only supply slip on covers or can I have them redo the entire contouring of my seats? I will certainly make inquiries as soon as I'm done with the 4th servicing. A big thanks to you!

PS: What kind of retailing are you in to?

--Ragul
Ragul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 12:37   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 134
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: I need fabric!! God help me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
PS: What kind of retailing are you in to?

--Ragul
I'm not into retailing. I'm an IT guy, but I think I can do better than this..
GenuineOptimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 12:58   #27
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,466
Thanked: 19,361 Times
Default Re: Looking for a Good Upholstery/Seat Cover shop in Bangalore

Don't miss this thread in the directory section.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...bangalore.html

Good reviews from all members.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 16:30   #28
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 134
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I thought Elegant was only in UP. A big question is do they only supply slip on covers or can I have them redo the entire contouring of my seats?
--Ragul
All Elegant seats are slip on covers, it will take about an hour to fit all 5 seats.

Elegant factory is in Noida but they distribute all over India. Their main distributor in Bangalore is Kumar Agencies in Journalist colony, J C Road. Elegant has 4 types of covers - cotton, suede, europa and fabguard. Cotton is basically towel material that can breathe and best suited for our weather. But it is ill fitting. Europa and Fabguard are combination fabrics, maybe polyester. It is scratch proof, water proof and so on, but I didn't a good soft feeling on touch. Kumar Agencies has a catalog of Elegant and you can pick the model you like. However please keep in mind that they'll recommend or discourage few products not based on your need, but based on what they have in stock! If you tell them that you can wait and willing to pay for courier, then they'll procure your model from factory.

I am not buying any elegant seat covers but I am buying velvet fabric and stitching with an upholstery maker.

Last edited by GenuineOptimist : 3rd April 2012 at 16:41.
GenuineOptimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 22:07   #29
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 828
Thanked: 113 Times
Default Re: Looking for a Good Upholstery/Seat Cover shop in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Don't miss this thread in the directory section.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...bangalore.html

Good reviews from all members.
I've been through that thread but see no mention of fabric seat covers.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineOptimist View Post
I am not buying any elegant seat covers but I am buying velvet fabric and stitching with an upholstery maker.
So I can buy the fabric I desire from Elegant and stitch? In that case I can try the Imperial seat maker as reccomended - if they agree that I supply the material.

Last edited by Ragul : 3rd April 2012 at 22:10.
Ragul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 07:47   #30
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 134
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
So I can buy the fabric I desire from Elegant and stitch? In that case I can try the Imperial seat maker as reccomended - if they agree that I supply the material.
Hi Ragul - Elegant is not a fabric seller. They source their material from BMD. Afaik they won't sell fabric that they procure with no value addition by them. Anyways thanks for the reference to Imperial. Can I please have their address or contact number?
GenuineOptimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leather-vinyl seat cover for Ford Fiesta (1.6 ZXI P) kanchan Modifications & Accessories 2 4th April 2008 18:05
Internal Springs in Seat Upholstery mithun Modifications & Accessories 4 17th June 2006 06:59
Buy Seat Covers OR Do Upholstery ? mithun Modifications & Accessories 10 4th May 2006 20:56
Stuck with seat upholstery choice camry93 Modifications & Accessories 15 6th March 2006 15:57


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks