Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 30th December 2008, 15:24   #1
BHPian

Default Can a Palio Stile be modified to look like the Palio 1.8R currently in Brazil?

Hi, saw the 1.8R online and its a stunner. Was just wondering if the present Stile can be modified from the outside to look like the 1.8R. Visually the size and shape of the grill, headlights, etc look the same.

File:Fiat Palio R.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
jasher26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 16:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasher26 View Post
Hi, saw the 1.8R online and its a stunner. Was just wondering if the present Stile can be modified from the outside to look like the 1.8R. Visually the size and shape of the grill, headlights, etc look the same.

File:Fiat Palio R.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jasher,
Just looks like a neat paintjob + smoked headlamps + alloys to me.. Or is there something that's missing ?
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 16:22   #3
BHPian

you missed the side skirts
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 17:53   #4
BHPian

I think thats standard stone guard painted in body colour.
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 18:21   #5
BHPian

is there a different grill on this version?
Old 30th December 2008, 19:12   #6
BHPian

There is no reason why it can't be made to look like that. Most customisation shops should be able to do it. Try Rio, MKraft etc. in Mumbai.
salilpawar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 19:32   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
There is no reason why it can't be made to look like that. Most customisation shops should be able to do it. Try Rio, MKraft etc. in Mumbai.
most of them are over done. when manufacturers do this (not japanese! no offense) there is a lot of subtlety to it
Old 30th December 2008, 20:02   #8
BHPian

Just click on the link Fiat Palio 1.8R
and enjoy. and then Use the buttons on the bottom of the TV to navigate the rest of the site. Why in gods name is fiat not getting these cars here, is their marketing so weak that they cant sell such amazing machines. Just creating a fan base and selling like the Bullets and Harley davidson will fetch them more sales than what they currently manage, not to speak about the brand value they can create. Just tie up with Jagdish Khattar for the service part of the deal. All Set. Fiat Rules. Or am i too optimistic. All the best Fiat
neofromcapone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 11:28   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Just click on the link Fiat Palio 1.8R
and enjoy. and then Use the buttons on the bottom of the TV to navigate the rest of the site. Why in gods name is fiat not getting these cars here, is their marketing so weak that they cant sell such amazing machines. Just creating a fan base and selling like the Bullets and Harley davidson will fetch them more sales than what they currently manage, not to speak about the brand value they can create. Just tie up with Jagdish Khattar for the service part of the deal. All Set. Fiat Rules. Or am i too optimistic. All the best Fiat
did see this link earlier. they should get these versions to India.

Always observed that manufacturers who have come into India with no confidence have never done well here as they have failed at the A.S.S

BTW can we get these smoked headlights and the grill out here? Side mirrors can be custom painted to that pattern I guess
Old 31st December 2008, 13:49   #10
BHPian

Jasher, I have seen stuff like that around bandra so pretty sure it is doable locally, but never thought about it till now, so guess we can have this worked out just a matter of getting info, will keep myself alive to these options. will let you know as soon as i get some info. Have a great 2009
neofromcapone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 15:47   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Jasher, I have seen stuff like that around bandra so pretty sure it is doable locally, but never thought about it till now, so guess we can have this worked out just a matter of getting info, will keep myself alive to these options. will let you know as soon as i get some info. Have a great 2009
wish you and everyone at Team BHP a happy new year too!. Drive Safe
Old 1st January 2009, 00:07   #12
BHPian

For what ever little mods that are in there I just liked the window tints..
16v100bhp is offline   Reply With Quote