Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 2nd April 2012, 18:09   #1741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani
I'm being quoted 12k for V-Kool 70 and A whooping 10k for 3M CR70 for Civic's Front Windscreen :o

Somehow I feel the latter's price is way too high. Am I right?
The rate for cr70 for windscreen is 7750 irrespective of the size of the car. This was the quote at 3m car care in Mumbai. Accessory shops are quoting 5.5k for the same. Shouldn't be any different in Delhi.

I am also getting a 5% disc at 3m car care outlet.
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 18:50   #1742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp

The rate for cr70 for windscreen is 7750 irrespective of the size of the car. This was the quote at 3m car care in Mumbai
Yes, I got the same quote at the 3M Andheri franchise for my civic. However, for the vk70 I was quoted 15500.
swarooppatil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 19:54   #1743
BHPian

Guys,

When I mentioned interference with signal, I only meant RE series of 3M. Its a known fact that metallic films will interfere, most of the times the signal is strong enough to overcome the film.

CR70 NEVER interferes with any signal. Its one brilliant film - I have it on my car and I am totally satisfied. I will recommend this to anyone who wants front windshield film.

It may appear to be expensive, but please think your basic car cost was 7k more and get this film - its an essential if you park and drive around in harsh Sun.
autocrat is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 20:35   #1744
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Only concern I have is the reflection of dash on to wind shield during the day light.
If you see my posts, you will think I can't make up my mind about this: at first I minded it, then I said it was ok. Now, I notice it when driving directly into the sun, but not really at other times.

As I've mentioned before, polarising sun glasses eliminate the reflection.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 20:51   #1745

Smile Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Vid6639 was referring to my car here (beige etios) . As far as I know it I have used my cell and my GPS in the car without any disruption in services.
Zenn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 21:54   #1746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom
If you see my posts, you will think I can't make up my mind about this: at first I minded it, then I said it was ok. Now, I notice it when driving directly into the sun, but not really at other times.

As I've mentioned before, polarising sun glasses eliminate the reflection.
+1

That's the same i went through, and trick I follow.I indicated it for the benefit of others.

Other thing I ensure is never apply polish on dash, sometimes dealers do it inspite of intimation, I ask them to wipe it out before the delivery.
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 21:54   #1747

Go for the 3M RE50 - expensive than Garware I guess , but the results are really good. Good heat rejection , AC Cools better. I drive from Malleshwaram to Whitefield and I can feel a significant difference after I put the film.
Zenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 22:07   #1748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
The rate for cr70 for windscreen is 7750 irrespective of the size of the car. This was the quote at 3m car care in Mumbai. Accessory shops are quoting 5.5k for the same. Shouldn't be any different in Delhi.

I am also getting a 5% disc at 3m car care outlet.
Hi yes, the cost for CR70 is indeed 7750 here in Bangalore too. How? Well I just got my Figo done for the same today. Was looking at Garware Ice cool but finally decided what the heck and splurged on 3M.
Must say feeling a lot lighter on the pocket but a lot cooler in the hot mid day

Asked about whether the price varies with car and the answer was no. The dealer did not give any discount inspite of the Team-BHP reference :(

BTW happened to meet fellow member Spitfire too.
racer_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 22:22   #1749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m

Hi yes, the cost for CR70 is indeed 7750 here in Bangalore too. How? Well I just got my Figo done for the same today. Was looking at Garware Ice cool but finally decided what the heck and splurged on 3M.
Must say feeling a lot lighter on the pocket but a lot cooler in the hot mid day

Asked about whether the price varies with car and the answer was no. The dealer did not give any discount inspite of the Team-BHP reference :(

BTW happened to meet fellow member Spitfire too.
I installed CR 70 more than a year ago at 3M outlet HSR Bangalore, and I remember the price being based on the models, This seem to have changed too, they seem to have fixed pricing now.

CR 70 does provide good heat reduction and absolutely no glare at the night.

Last edited by raghu230506 : 2nd April 2012 at 22:23.
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 22:29   #1750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
Was looking at Garware Ice cool but finally decided what the heck and splurged on 3M.
do you think the 3m is worth the extra bucks? 7500 vs 3300 for garware ice cool.
i am also getting 3m at a retailer outside for 5500 but am skeptic about getting it there. Dusty area so not sure how good the application will be.
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 22:51   #1751
BHPian

Quote:
I installed CR 70 more than a year ago at 3M outlet HSR Bangalore, and I remember the price being based on the models, This seem to have changed too, they seem to have fixed pricing now.

I have a different experience. I got CR70 front on my Civic (April, 2010). After 2 months (June, 2010), I got front CR70 on i10 and the price were same both times (Rs.5,700/-).

So, it is same for most (maybe all) cars, at least since April, 2010.
mukeshgoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 23:06   #1752
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Other thing I ensure is never apply polish on dash, sometimes dealers do it inspite of intimation, I ask them to wipe it out before the delivery.
I would have hated to have my soft-look, matt, VW plastics spoilt by wet-look gloss, even without the sunfilm. 3m Car Care did an inside/outside treatment on my new Polo and I was particular to say no gloss/wet-look polish inside.

With the slightly reflective winscreen film, I think it would be a disaster.

(the gloss on the exterior paintwork was superb, though )
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 23:15   #1753
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
do you think the 3m is worth the extra bucks? 7500 vs 3300 for garware ice cool.
i am also getting 3m at a retailer outside for 5500 but am skeptic about getting it there. Dusty area so not sure how good the application will be.

Well think of it this way, I went at 12pm with the AC on full cooling with speed set to 2. After fitting I drove at 1:30pm with AC cooling set to half and speed set at 1 . This itself will lead to a better FE and the price difference will be hopefully recovered in a year or so.(atleast thats how I'm convincing my self after shelling out a ransom for it)

You certainly can feel the difference in the heat reduction by a good margin. I too was offered the same fitting at a local dealer for 6K odd, however I did not want to take a chance, especially at the front which requires a thoroughly skilled set of hands. Moreover the warranty replacement will be a suspect in case the installation fails later or the film bubbles up.
Better have peace of mind than loose sleep over a few thousand bucks.
Old 2nd April 2012, 23:32   #1754
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
Well think of it this way, I went at 12pm with the AC on full cooling with speed set to 2. After fitting I drove at 1:30pm with AC cooling set to half and speed set at 1 . This itself will lead to a better FE and the price difference will be hopefully recovered in a year or so.(atleast thats how I'm convincing my self after shelling out a ransom for it)
Well, the FE is not dependent on the setting. Load on engine by A/c is constant for our vehicles, irrespective of the cooling level you set. Do check related threads for more details.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 23:37   #1755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Well, the FE is not dependent on the setting. Load on engine by A/c is constant for our vehicles, irrespective of the cooling level you set. Do check related threads for more details.
You had to burst my bubble right!?
I know that fact! I mention that this was the psycho-economical-logical reasoning I'm feeding myself(in brackets) to digest the fact I shelled out so much.
anyway let me see what else I can cook up to soothen out that thought