Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 7th May 2015, 12:41   #2011
BHPian

Default Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Wife took in her qualis for re-registration and they asked her to get the sunfilm removed. Its been on since 2005. It is being removed now and we will need a heat reduction option for sure in the Chennai heat. Plan on getting the Garware Ice Kool done. Any reviews will be appreciated.
diyguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 13:05   #2012
Distinguished - BHPian

Have had Garware Icecool in 3 cars so far. No complaints. VFM.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 13:40   #2013
Team-BHP Support

Are these films not decipherable from outside? Generally, the police stops you even if they get a suspicion of something stuck on the glasses. I had a case while driving through TN when the cops stopped at a random checkpoint on the highway and kept insisting that I had sunfilm on the glasses when there was actually none. If you really have one put up how long will it last?
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 13:46   #2014
BHPian

I have not been stopped till now with ten year old dark sun film. There I said it and am sure to be caught in a week or two
Both our cars have dark film and my wife has been stopped twice and she paid 100rs each time. I've never been stopped.
diyguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 14:14   #2015
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't think they notice the high-transparency films unless they are really looking hard.

If they stop you for something else, though, and decide to give you a hard time for some reason, I guess they can find out quite easily.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2015, 10:04   #2016
Distinguished - BHPian

How much is Garware Ice Cool Shield nowadays? I just checked with some shops here and they are quoting 5k-6k for Ecosport windshield.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 17:04   #2017
BHPian

Team, after a few years of deliberation, I have decided to get the front windscreen sun-filmed. Its going to be either 3M CR70 or Garware. Would appreciate if you could guide me with a few good Garware dealers/installers in Bangalore. I promise to put up a short review once the job is done
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 17:22   #2018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
Team, after a few years of deliberation, I have decided to get the front windscreen sun-filmed. Its going to be either 3M CR70 or Garware. Would appreciate if you could guide me with a few good Garware dealers/installers in Bangalore. I promise to put up a short review once the job is done
You can check with Satya Evo Bangalore for Garware . I will wait for your reviews as I was also thinking of getting the Garware icecool film for the front windshield .
soumen.blore is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 17:41   #2019
BHPian

Thanks Soumen. Just spoke with Satya. Will probably get this done sometime next week. Will keep you posted.
Old 27th October 2015, 18:34   #2020
BHPian

Quote:
Will keep you posted.
Please do. I too am planning to get front windshield film installed.
rajathv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 12:39   #2021
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Soumen. Just spoke with Satya. Will probably get this done sometime next week. Will keep you posted.
Oh great even I plan to visit him this weekend for my ICE setup . Will wait for your inputs for the icecool sunfilm .
soumen.blore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 12:47   #2022
Senior - BHPian

I have 3M CR70 on my Civic while have Garware on the A-Star. The CR70 is definitely superior than the Garware and is obviously the pricier one of the two.
rr_zen is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 13:03   #2023
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just spoke with Satya. Will probably get this done sometime next week.
What is the price now ?
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 19:39   #2024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I have 3M CR70 on my Civic while have Garware on the A-Star. The CR70 is definitely superior than the Garware and is obviously the pricier one of the two.
I also second this. In my Grande I had CR70 and Garware in my Vista. CR70 is better by a couple of notches. Especially in terms of clarity of vision.
arulpeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2015, 16:39   #2025
BHPian

Happy Diwali folks!!

I got my Garware ice cool installation done last week at Evo. Installation quality/workmanship was top notch. However, I would score them a -5 on courtesy/personal touch. There are 2 versions of the ice cool film apparently. I got the one with a slight green hue. It cost me about 4,200rs for the Vento. The entire installation took about an hour and 45 minutes. There hasn't been too much sunshine since the install but I can surely feel the difference in heat. And the best part is, I can hardly feel any difference in the VLT. Which is a good thing. No one can detect the film. Absolutely no interference with visibility even during the night drives. In fact, the glare from the high beams have slightly reduced. In terms of clarity, on the first day, I could feel the vision to be slightly granular. Not distracting in any way though. I don't notice them now unless I pay close attention. Overall, I think it may not be as good as CR70(only based on feedback), but surely worth the price.

Let me know if you have questions.