Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 1st April 2007, 16:39   #301
BHPian

Hi guys,
Can anyone confirm if sunfilm pasted outside quater glass of 800 or inside like rest of the glass. Its urgent ..
navdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2007, 17:09   #302
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
Hi guys,
Can anyone confirm if sunfilm pasted outside quater glass of 800 or inside like rest of the glass. Its urgent ..
all sunfilm is on the inside.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2007, 17:12   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
all sunfilm is on the inside.
the guy was telling me quater glass have it pasted outside.
Old 1st April 2007, 18:13   #304
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the guy was telling me quater glass have it pasted outside.
ive never seen sunfilm outside. id think it would get spoilt outside.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2007, 19:07   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,
its confirm that sunfilm is never pasted outside the glass

go to khan film in sec 28 next to the petrol pump to get your car tinted i always go to him as he is quite reasonable in trems of prices
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2007, 19:20   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post

go to khan film in sec 28 next to the petrol pump to get your car tinted i always go to him as he is quite reasonable in trems of prices
Thanks Manik.. I will check it out..
Old 2nd April 2007, 14:52   #307
BHPian

It makes no sense at all for the film to be put on the outside.
nik1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2007, 17:07   #308
BHPian

Default llumar it is for me :)

Phew .. 21 pages in one shot ... actually one lunch in between

Had gone through the thread to get as much info as I can about front wind screen filming. I was offered llumar Diamond Series for 7.5 for the front shield by my Maruti Dealer in Bangalore. I think that was a good price offered and about being genuine they provide be a bill with guarantee certificate whenever I buy things from them. Should that be enough to judge the authenticity of the product ?

Reason for selecting llumar : the other glass areas in my car is fitted with llumar platinum series tints which are pretty effective.

Will get it done as soon as I am back home. Thanks everyone for the info.
abhisheksircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2007, 21:15   #309
Team-BHP Support

Instead of going for expensive front sunfilm does anyone know where in bangalore I can get the front windscreen sunshade. It's a mirror like foil which is folded when not in use and you just put it on the glass when parked.

The rollon ones with the funny pics are of no use whereas this with the silvrfoil is extremely effective.

All i know is it costs Rs.200 but I dont know where to get it from. I tried a few accessory shops but no one stocks it. Have told a friend to get it from US but that will take time. It costs around $6 there.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2007, 22:53   #310
BHPian

good discussion buddies. Just feeling out of place as they have banned all kinds of tint in delhi going forward

-pogu
pogusingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2007, 23:30   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogusingh View Post
good discussion buddies. Just feeling out of place as they have banned all kinds of tint in delhi going forward

-pogu
Dear Pogu,

the ban does not apply to sunglasses! Invest in good pair of shades !! Just kidding! I know how it feels..koi gal nahin yaar..just grin & 'beer' it,eh !!
AshOnTheRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2007, 12:45   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
I was sure but the whole market is following the same trend. They say we donot have the time. Even Khan is doing the same thing.
Old 17th April 2007, 11:56   #313
Senior - BHPian

I have been searching for heat control films WITHOUT tints...absolutely clear films. I did not know they exist till this thread...

The summer isn Pune is extremely hot and afternoon drives with AC on full blow give me frustrating feeling with a stale warm air blowing on my face.

But there is old saying - if something is too good to be true, chances are that it may not be true!

So really want to know if the V Cool Windscreen clear film is REAL ?
And does it really do the job.

I read all the posts and majority seems to favor the windscreen clear film as a concept and V Cool as a product with a few unfortunate users experiencing problems...

My concern is I do not want to end up being one of the unfortunate ones...

Would like to know:
1. All this hazy view, rain-fogging, dash-board reflection problems reported by some: Are all these purely workman-ship issues or the concept has a few dis-advantages ?

2. Can I wipe the inside surface of the Windscreen after the film is applied ? Someone in my family or even the Deccan Honda guys (during servicing) may do it and if it's going to spoil the film, it will be a big loss for me.

3. V Cool says visibility reduced by 70%. Friends, is this not an issue at all ? I mean - I will have my headlights reduced to 70% of their strength during night driving. Will that be OK ?

4. What about durability ? The Windscreen film will work like new for 5 years or some gradual degradation ?

5. In the office parking, I have 3 of my windows rolled down by 0.5 inch for ventilation. Can I continue to do this with V Cool on ?

Thanks for your support. I just want to clear my mind as it's going to be a huge cost for me. I am hoping it's a wise investment in terms of A/C anf fuel efficiency and extending life of the car interior.

Would appreciate if I can get advice/feedback on all the points I mentioned + anything else I missed.
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2007, 15:48   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post

Would like to know:
1. All this hazy view, rain-fogging, dash-board reflection problems reported by some: Are all these purely workman-ship issues or the concept has a few dis-advantages ?
I've got V-kool on my car. So here goes the answers. Hazy view.. Nope. As long as you have your windscreen kept clean its not an issue.

Dashboard reflection can happen even on cars without sunfilms on the windscreen. I haven't faced this as a problem with regards to v-kool.

Condensation happens internally when the outside of the car is colder than the interior side. Use the a/c. Condensation happens externally when the outside of the car is hotter than the inside. If the sunfilm is installed properly this will not be a problem. The day v-kool was installed I had the misting up problem. It cleared up after parking my car in the sun as the vendor suggested.

They put a transparent sealant around the sunfilm edges and I was asked not to wipe it out for 3 weeks to be on the safer side. This was only for the front and back windscreen. This is to prevent air bubbles occuring. Obviously the windows should not be rolled up or down for 3 to 4 days.

Quote:
2. Can I wipe the inside surface of the Windscreen after the film is applied ? Someone in my family or even the Deccan Honda guys (during servicing) may do it and if it's going to spoil the film, it will be a big loss for me.
Yes, you can wipe the inside surface of the windscreen with a soft cloth. Just like you would do for any windscreen. The only issue is you cannot use the liquid cleaners. You can use diluted shampoo water.

I had to give strict instructions to the servicing guys not to wipe the interior glasses. You should also be careful that they don't stick anything on the front windscreen. Even though I had told them specifically they went ahead and stuck a small next service sticker on it. :-( Anyway it was removed without any problem.

Quote:
3. V Cool says visibility reduced by 70%. Friends, is this not an issue at all ? I mean - I will have my headlights reduced to 70% of their strength during night driving. Will that be OK ?
Visibility is reduced to 73%. Not "by" 70%. I've not faced any issues so far. You can switch over to more luminous headlights if you think it could be a problem. I've seen guys with 40% visibility tints on their front windscreen. Don't know how they drive !!!
Quote:
4. What about durability ? The Windscreen film will work like new for 5 years or some gradual degradation ?
Hope it does. There's a guarantee for 5 years. Anyone with v-kool long enough? I read up some links online on v-kool. Very positive on it.
Quote:
5. In the office parking, I have 3 of my windows rolled down by 0.5 inch for ventilation. Can I continue to do this with V Cool on ?
Don't get the question. The v-kool is on the inside of your windows. You can have the window fully rolled down also. No issues.
Quote:
Thanks for your support. I just want to clear my mind as it's going to be a huge cost for me. I am hoping it's a wise investment in terms of A/C anf fuel efficiency and extending life of the car interior.
It is very effective when you are driving facing the sun. Hands don't get hot or prickle. Steering wheel is not at all hot even when parked in direct sunlight. Of course the car will be hot inside due to radiation from the roof and other sides, but the effect from the glass is very much reduced.
Quote:
Would appreciate if I can get advice/feedback on all the points I mentioned + anything else I missed.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2007, 16:10   #315
Senior - BHPian

Thank you very much.
This makes me comfirtable to go for V-Cool.

Can someone point me to the best place to get these done in Pune ?
What's the price I should target ?
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote