Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 24th May 2007, 21:43   #331
Senior - BHPian

I got a bill and warranty for the film. The front film even has 3m written on it and was taken out of 3m packaging. Ill check for the logos on the other glasses tommrow. Lets hope I got original 3m.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 22:02   #332
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
errr.. i think you got fooled. 3M does not work out that cheap unless yours is a mini car with ultra small windows.
i had to pay 5500 for front windscreen sunfilm. the dealer told me that it was the latest one. side windows were done a few months before. i think they cost about 2500 or so.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 22:12   #333
Team-BHP Support

I;d checked out Llumar recently. There was this demo setup where an intense light was turned on, and vaious Llumar filmed glasses were placed in front. When the front windscreen glass came up, it felt like an airconditioner had been turned on, compared to even their regular window films. 6500 bucks
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2007, 03:32   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I;d checked out Llumar recently. There was this demo setup where an intense light was turned on, and vaious Llumar filmed glasses were placed in front. When the front windscreen glass came up, it felt like an airconditioner had been turned on, compared to even their regular window films. 6500 bucks

Arrey.. why dont you put up something like what i have in the Dicor..
All around Jet Black

Godfather
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2007, 09:26   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post

Hi Mag,

Yes the above is true. I have Llumar installed on my Swift. The film is very effective against heat and i am very happy with it. Been using it for over a year now. I paid a total of 10k for the whole car including the front windscreen. The model for the front windscreen is called AIR 75 and is the top of the line version and cost me 6k while the model for the sides and rear is called STEEL 75 which is again the top of the line version and cost me 4k. It also comes with a 5 year warranty so its totally worth it.

By the way, the STEEL 75 is the darkest tint approved by the RTO, atleast it was when i installed it, but ive got to know recently from the same llumar dealer that the norms have changed to a tint lighter than the STEEL 75; i believe its called STEEL 15. Do check with an authorised Llumar dealer though before the install.

Epic
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 17:09   #336

I got Xenos sunfilm on my windshield (getz) at 4,500. Had a great difference in heat reduction..
cseshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2007, 13:48   #337
Senior - BHPian

guys, any ideas where i can get a front windscreen sunfilm for a 1996 honda civic..any ideas about ordering it online??
badboyscad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2007, 16:24   #338
Team-BHP Support

just get any sunfilm dealer and they will cut it to the required size.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 12:43   #339

Hey

Can anyone tell me the Address of Llumar Dealer in Bangalore.

Mag, i saw in the previous thread that you visited Llumar dealer in

bangalore, Pleaes let me know where did u checked it out.

Thanks
navechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 20:40   #340
Team-BHP Support

There's no sole Llumar dealer here in bangalore. The main distributor is Methods automotive.

Methods Car Parts and Car Accessories Online Shop and Distributors in Bangalore India, K&N Performance Filters, Sparco Motorsport Accessories

the linky has the number for methods. If you call them they will give you the name of the dealer in your vicinity.

Alternatively you can go to a few known places. Auto Fusion koramangala, Car shringar opp lifestyle are 2 popular ones.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 23:26   #341
Team-BHP Support

navechan,

Any decent accessory store deals with Llumar. The one I'm a regular to is Car Shringar, Commissariat Road.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2007, 15:56   #342

Thanks guys. I will check out
navechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2007, 21:12   #343
Senior - BHPian

I bought a Getz recently.

Put V Kool on the wind shield for 10500.
3M on the side for 2500.

Went for V kool as it is good in heat reduction/ reducing glare. It is definitely a good investment if you do lot of highway driving.

Dont know whether it was a good investment as windshield on my santro got broken twice in a month... . Luckily there was no sun film..

The 3M range starts at 2500.
PatienceWins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2007, 12:02   #344
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Samurai,

On the side and rear glasses, film is a necessity over the Indian summers.

Buttttttttttttttttttt I DONT recommend any film on the front screen. Reason? No matter how well its fitted, vision will always be a little blurred - moreso at some delicate curves of the glass. I have seen Vkool film on the front glass and all of these other brands fitted by company chaps on various cars...the end result on the front screen is the same. If not when brand new, then certainly within a handful of months.

I am really particular about not having scratches and rough edges on the front. It can get pretty irritating over extended drives. I find a good grade of sunfilm on the side and rear glass to be more than sufficient.

GTO
As much as I dont like front windscreen film, a friend of mine got it installed on my Vtec! Though I dont prefer to drive with it, the additional privacy + air-con cooling efficiency is pretty cool.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2007, 13:19   #345
Senior - BHPian

My both the trucks have Llumar all over, including the windshield as well. No issues at all. Cooling is amazing, especially in this 44+ temp here. I don't know if it is STEEL 75 or 15, but visibility from outside is cool. The cops haven't stopped me as yet..

Was installed about 2.5 yrs ago in the Safari and in Nov'06 in the Scorpio. Will have to check with my accessories guy about the steel quality...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi Mag,

Yes the above is true. I have Llumar installed on my Swift. The film is very effective against heat and i am very happy with it. Been using it for over a year now. I paid a total of 10k for the whole car including the front windscreen. The model for the front windscreen is called AIR 75 and is the top of the line version and cost me 6k while the model for the sides and rear is called STEEL 75 which is again the top of the line version and cost me 4k. It also comes with a 5 year warranty so its totally worth it.

By the way, the STEEL 75 is the darkest tint approved by the RTO, atleast it was when i installed it, but ive got to know recently from the same llumar dealer that the norms have changed to a tint lighter than the STEEL 75; i believe its called STEEL 15. Do check with an authorised Llumar dealer though before the install.

Epic
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote