Gras Impex
2, Sundervilla,S.V.Road
Santacruz-west
Mumbai-400054

Phone: 91-22-26611051/52/53/54
Email: sales@grasimpex.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Does any one knows the contact details for Llumar sales office in Mumbai. I want to get the same installed at my door step.
Thanks
Saurabh

Last edited by gd1418 : 6th October 2007 at 13:07.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 09:22   #362
BHPian

Default Car Suncontrol films

Hey guys,
I sell sun control films for a living. My opinion, V cool is good, 3M gives you a better option. The generation of sun control films goes like this

1st gen - pigment films. Dark films, which end up as violet coloured films in 2 years.
2nd gen - Metal coated films, which reflect your IR/Visible light (in the propotion u want, u might have to choose the film)
3rd gen - Nano tech. Films with no metal or pigments. Selectively reflect IR upto 90%. The film lets 70% of ur visible light, cuts off IR only.

apart from the IR reject properties, also note the adhesive type. Most cheap films peel off, coz when ur adhesive is exposed to UV, the adhesive looses its strength. Check out with any 3M film, the UV rejection is mentioned.You might have seen window films in buildings n cars with air pockets.

Go in for 3M Crystaline 70 for your windshield and just in case ur city has banned sun control for cars, go in with Cr70 for the entire car. You might even want to try the performance with a BTU meter or an IR meter. Your cars mileage would increase with these films installed by reducing AC working time.
haithereitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2007, 14:20   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Great info,

Now the only answer I want to know, if someone can share , where do I get the V-Kool & Llumar authentic films ?

Thanks in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Have sent a PM with details. Hope that would be helpful..
please also send me the details for installing authentic sun films for Tata Safari. Further the idea with the while towel seat covers was excellent. My truck would though will be white (artic white) so will have to think of some other novel way of dealing with cops.
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 15:21   #364
BHPian

What are the types of V-Kool films available? I would like to reduce IR, but don't want to give the cops any excuse for fining me . . . Does V Kool have very clear films that will only cut out the IR rays or will it come with tints only?
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 18:40   #365
BHPian

V-Kool and V-Kool gives all the details.

Now I need to get the pricing for this on the Chevy Spark.
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2007, 13:39   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
V-Kool and V-Kool gives all the details.

Now I need to get the pricing for this on the Chevy Spark.
Call Riyaz @ 98863 63207 in Bangalore. He's the CMD of Infra Kool solutions and they are the authorized distributors for v-kool in Bangalore.

Expect somewhere around 9k+ as the spark has a big windscreen. You should get 5% discount with bill and 10% otherwise if you play your cards right. :-)
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 21:56   #367
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I read on Xenos website (Xenos Technologies Ltd.) that they are providing Solar Gard and Armorcoat sunfilms of Bekaert Speciality Films (BSF) brand. They are giving 10year warranty. And they do have Front Windshield film as well.

Did anybody in TBHP used these film? Can somebody provide feedback on them?

Thanks
-Vaspro
vaspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2007, 10:16   #368
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone provide contacts for Llumar (dealer/Disti) for Bangalore please.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2007, 17:12   #369
Senior - BHPian

yes i have an answer here,
the biggest glass in a car can be the front wind shield.and the hottest time is afternoon.afternoon the fact is that the front windshield is the most exposed glass of your car and the side and rear glass are rarely exposed as they are near vertical,and the front glass is at an angle.so putting a sunfilm in the front glass can actually reduce heat inside.more over the heat maybe due to overheating of the dash stearing and the front seats.this is avoided to a certain extend if you sunfilm the front glass.

ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2007, 22:16   #370
BHPian

its good to put a film on the wind screen but must warn u now a days the cops do catch us for that 2 cause some of my pals did get caught for the same
malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2007, 22:20   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
its good to put a film on the wind screen but must warn u now a days the cops do catch us for that 2 cause some of my pals did get caught for the same

Yeah, if it is dark. We are talking about the transparent films made specially for the windshield. I think 70% visibility is legal in most cities.
gopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2007, 22:55   #372
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolm View Post

There are 2 categories here: 1. Front windscreen 2. Rest of the greenhouse.

I have seen some cars with the dark tints intended for side windows, pasted inside-out on the front windscreen. This is illegal.

The other type is a clear see-thru film specifically meant for the front windscreen. The main job of this is to block out most of the heat/UV coming in thru the front windscreen. This is legal.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 18:28   #373

Hi Guys ! Great thread and great site. I am getting my red SX4 delivered tomorrow or monday. The Maruti sales guy is pushing hard for the Garware sunfilm. From this thread I understand that V-COOL or Llumar are the brands to go for.
Some questions here -
1) How bad is this Garware film? Is it really worth going for the V-COOL or Llumar.
2) Which is a good place in Kolkata to get this job done from ?
Puranjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2007, 11:53   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puranjoy View Post
Hi Guys ! Great thread and great site. I am getting my red SX4 delivered tomorrow or monday. The Maruti sales guy is pushing hard for the Garware sunfilm. From this thread I understand that V-COOL or Llumar are the brands to go for.
Some questions here -
1) How bad is this Garware film? Is it really worth going for the V-COOL or Llumar.
2) Which is a good place in Kolkata to get this job done from ?

I have AIR 75 from Lumar on my swift. Visibility is great and heat load is less. Do check out other options also. I was not comfortable with Garware, hence choose this option
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2007, 12:00   #375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puranjoy View Post
Its the cost part

and yes, V-Kool and Llumar provies better IR blocking
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote