Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 6th January 2008, 22:32   #421
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
If you are looking at cooling the car and reducing heat from the windscreen, well, you would have to get used to the hazy picture at night with a front sunfilm.
wrong info.

1) can be coz the install was a bad one.
2) duplicate product

I use Garware on two of my cars and I drive nights too. I never had/has any problem.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2008, 23:03   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Swirl marks due to bad cleaning methods are another major reason for poor visibility.
I guess you are referring to my post.
Agreed. I suspect it happened once when i took her to a water service station. But I guess these are supposed to be scratch resistance, right??

This is from LLumar site...
Quote:
Known for their quality and patented scratch-resistant coating, LLumar films are durable and virtually maintenance free.
gkrishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 00:00   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Rajan

Dont ask him to stick the stickers on the inside of your window. If its utmost required, have them outside.

My office parking stickers have to be stuck from the inside. Any idea what can be done?

I just got the front windscreen sunfilm installed last week and have not taken the car to office since.

- Jag
Jaguar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 00:54   #424
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
My office parking stickers have to be stuck from the inside. Any idea what can be done?

I just got the front windscreen sunfilm installed last week and have not taken the car to office since.

- Jag
This thread might help. (Stickers - A permanent solution to an otherwise permanent mess)
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 14:37   #425

Thanks for all the inputs. Yes, GTO, I remember you said that in one of the posts in this thread and I should have listened to that advice. I have learned the lesson after spending (throwing away?) 6K . I have spoken to the Tint Mart and Llumar folks and they say they will do something about it but not sure how long it would take.

In fact I would never ever suggest to anyone to go for it. I do a lot of highway driving and it is absolutely dangerous with all the glare I get from every passing vehicle. Even a scooter can make me feel uncomfortable and unsure about the road ahead.
Chandrainsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 19:33   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
I guess you are referring to my post.
Agreed. I suspect it happened once when i took her to a water service station. But I guess these are supposed to be scratch resistance, right??

This is from LLumar site...
Sorry, you got me confused now. Swirl marks are typically on the outer part of the windscreen. The sunfilm is stuck on the inside. Hopefully, no one sticks sunfilm on the outside of the windscreen.

To clean sunfilms, do not use car shampoo or anything of that sort. A nice soft moist cloth will help. Wipe in one direction. Dry with a nice soft cloth. This should suffice.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 21:40   #427
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Front Windscreen Sunfilm at Trivandrum, Garware

Motor Plaza @ Tvm for front film installs. Charges 2250 Rs for Garware for small cars. They also do other brands.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 21:22   #428
BHPian

Hey guys ,

how is Garware X-cool cooling tint for the front windsheild?
it costs about 1350/-..
Anybody using this in their car?

also for the sides and rear im goin for 3M.. its about 2800/-
are the prices good?
By the way my car is a swift..
speed_devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 09:01   #429
Team-BHP Support

speed devil. the 3m price seems fine. is it 3m re35?
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2008, 21:41   #430
BHPian

Default Rs. 23000 for sides and rear for vkool70 (premium)

That's a lot of money, but sun films are the only extra that I really want in my car. How can I make sure that I am getting what I pay for with regard to the vkool70 premium sunfilm? Is there any way to ensure that I won't be getting, say the vkool75 material, instead of the vkool70 material?
And is the payment made before or after the sun film is put on the car?
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2008, 10:15   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
That's a lot of money, but sun films are the only extra that I really want in my car. How can I make sure that I am getting what I pay for with regard to the vkool70 premium sunfilm? Is there any way to ensure that I won't be getting, say the vkool75 material, instead of the vkool70 material?
And is the payment made before or after the sun film is put on the car?
I got the vkool premium installed from PitStop (near Lifestyle) for my windshield. You need to pay after the installation and can check the package for specifications before they install. the film itself will not contain the details. they will give a guarantee for 5 years. i noticed hardly any decrease in the visibility (even at Dusk) and much better AC effect in afternoons (esp for a M800). LLumar which offers 1% less heat reduction and 1% less visibility is about a 1000 bucks cheap. you can consider that too.
suvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2008, 12:22   #432
BHPian

@suvi

How much did it cost for the M800 windshield?
gopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2008, 12:32   #433
BHPian

Rs 7250 (including 250 as installation charge). they offered a discount of 10% compared to the official VKool Dealer in Lalbagh road. This was in Jan (when it was pretty cold and not many were considering sun film )
suvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2008, 13:24   #434
BHPian

On Saturday night i was driving from tirupati to bangalore, had recently installed the Garware Icecool, and it was horrible experience. Because it was the first time was driving with sunfilm on windscreeen in night. With that glare .. it was nearly impossilbe to drive ..

My HondaCity is 2001 model and it has the original windscreen except for some swril marks, everything is fine. What are my options? Should i get the sunfilm removed, and keep the glass or change the glass itself .. Which brand of windshield glass is good ?? Can I also get a tinted glass for windshield.. what would a tint glass effect be ..????

Last edited by four_tire : 18th February 2008 at 13:30.
four_tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2008, 15:13   #435
Senior - BHPian

The glare could be the swirl marks compounded by a bad front windscreen sunfilm. Either the quality of the film is bad or it was improperly done. If your swirlmarks are really bad, and you have had this problem before the sunfilm installation, then change the windscreen. You can go to Windshield experts to get that done.

I personally use V-Kool for the front windscreen. I got it installed from the official v-kool dealer in Lalbagh Road. You should get a 5% discount on bill and 10% without bill.

Mind you it is expensive, but definitely worth the price. I had parked my car in the sun the whole day y'day and when we got in, my parents were surprised to find that the car was not that hot. I've also not had any problems in the night, provided your windscreen is free of dust and oil.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote